Bring back the rep system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because rep comments were private

Nope, rep comments were not private. Only responses to rep comments were private.

The thing I miss the most about reps and comments ... Is the ability to get to know people outside of their political stance.

When someone of a particular political persuasion (or no descernible persuasion) posted something good ... You could quickly add a note to a positive rep. It bettered your chance to step outside of the normal grind and trade a few ideas with someone you wouldn't necessarily send a PM to.

I wouldn't know Pogo likes cashews if it hadn't been for the rep system.

I agree! There was something to be said for that comment option. Too bad there isn't that same ability with the current Like/Thank/Informative options in this format.

So? Send them a private message then . . .

Chris ... You are just missing the point and I don't know how familiar you are with the way the system worked. Here's an analogy to help you understand.

To go next door you can walk across the lawn ... Or you can get in your car and drive around the block. Both ways get you next door ... But one way is quicker, easier to facilitate and a lot more efficient.

Didn't realize having to make a couple of extra selections was such a big deal to some people. Whatever, miss your rep and continue to complain about it if it makes you feel better. :D

you crack me up jake, no self awareness.....

You are lying, because you can't prove it. You and Ernie S. were part of a several years' assault by the extreme far righities against all you did not approve. Stats figured away for the rest of us to punish you guys and take away your collective power. The sane side of the Board beat down the crazy far right reactionaries. You have been whining ever since.
Neither really approves of me and I didn't get that treatment.

So? Send them a private message then . . .

Chris ... You are just missing the point and I don't know how familiar you are with the way the system worked. Here's an analogy to help you understand.

To go next door you can walk across the lawn ... Or you can get in your car and drive around the block. Both ways get you next door ... But one way is quicker, easier to facilitate and a lot more efficient.

Didn't realize having to make a couple of extra selections was such a big deal to some people. Whatever, miss your rep and continue to complain about it if it makes you feel better. :D

The way it could make a difference is in how it opened doors between people who generally disagreed enough with each other they wouldn't send a PM.

For instance, the way it used to be ... I could have just given you a positive rep and sent you a note that said "See how easy this works, have a lovely evening and sleep well" ... At the same time in one swoop.

Now ... Because you want to try not to understand ... You don't get the rep or the note.

:(

you crack me up jake, no self awareness.....

You are lying, because you can't prove it. You and Ernie S. were part of a several years' assault by the extreme far righities against all you did not approve. Stats figured away for the rest of us to punish you guys and take away your collective power. The sane side of the Board beat down the crazy far right reactionaries. You have been whining ever since.
Neither really approves of me and I didn't get that treatment.

thanks for giving more evidence jake is a liar

FACTS:

the biggest whiners opposed to the rep system are those that oddly engaged in neg rep wars.....jakestarkey, scat and i'm sure a few others like warrior 102. but warrior isn't whining about it, stakry and scat sure are.. odd given how scat freaked the F out when i negged him ONE time and then he went on a four MONTH neg rep war against me.

ah, but his BFF jake will be along to support him in his neg rep war and pretend that these so called neg rep wars were solely from the right.

jake is a liar. period.

Yurt continues to lie like a rug. :lol:

Scat pulled the rug out from under him and his crew, and they have been crying up a storm every since. Here is Yurt's song for the Board every since Johnny left him:

Yurt continues to lie like a rug. :lol:

Scat pulled the rug out from under him and his crew, and they have been crying up a storm every since. Here is Yurt's song for the Board every since Johnny left him:

Jake, I've a feeling you've never posted more than 3 consecutive posts without there being at least one contained within them, so perhaps you should refrain from calling others liars.

BearMal, you are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. Yurt still has that problem.

I so miss the neg rep melt downs

now
th

notice jake continues to claim i lie, yet, he never says what i lied about.

typical jakin

phoney claims and doesn't even bother to try and back it up

BearMal, you are entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts. Yurt still has that problem.

Jake, I've already told you, pick a topic and head on down to the bull ring sonny and I will prove three things.

1. You're no Republican
2. I'm smarter than you
3. You're not an honest person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back