“I Cannot Afford To Live”: Americans Get Emotional As The U.S. Economy Goes Off The Rails

Well sure! If a company can choose between manufacturing in Mexico or USA, they're going to pick Mexico every time. We should have told them we'd tariff them if they left. In other words, to sell it here, you have to make it here. Now it's too late. Trump tried that in 2019 and manufacturing HALTED suddenly. Suddenly people weren't buying. It was too expensive. Prices shot up. INFLATION occured. Because Trump started a trade war with China. Republicans here said sorry I was going to have to suffer initially but it's better if we buy American and bring jobs back home. Guess what? Trump didn't win that trade war. He just slowed down growth and cost a lot of people a lot of money.

I was like holy shit is it going to happen again? Is Trump going to fuck me like Bush did in the 2000's?

U.S. has lost 5 million manufacturing jobs since 2000

And most of those workers found service jobs that don't pay nearly as much.

So the people Republicans said worth overpaid in the 2000's, are the same uneducated blue collar workers today who are voting Republican? How? Because Trump blamed lllegals and said he'd bring their jobs back home. Idiots. Deplorables.

How%20desperate%20are%20you.jpg

Well sure! If a company can choose between manufacturing in Mexico or USA, they're going to pick Mexico every time. We should have told them we'd tariff them if they left. In other words, to sell it here, you have to make it here. Now it's too late. Trump tried that in 2019 and manufacturing HALTED suddenly. Suddenly people weren't buying. It was too expensive. Prices shot up. INFLATION occured. Because Trump started a trade war with China. Republicans here said sorry I was going to have to suffer initially but it's better if we buy American and bring jobs back home. Guess what? Trump didn't win that trade war. He just slowed down growth and cost a lot of people a lot of money.

I was like holy shit is it going to happen again? Is Trump going to fuck me like Bush did in the 2000's?

U.S. has lost 5 million manufacturing jobs since 2000

And most of those workers found service jobs that don't pay nearly as much.

So the people Republicans said worth overpaid in the 2000's, are the same uneducated blue collar workers today who are voting Republican? How? Because Trump blamed lllegals and said he'd bring their jobs back home. Idiots. Deplorables.

But that's not true. Because Honda had the exact same options as Ford. Yet Honda has made more and more jobs in the US.

That is also not true that tariffs and inflation were connected. You'd have to prove clear evidence of that, and I've found absolutely nothing to connect the two.

Union manufacturing has declined. Not non-union. And nothing Trump did would have changed that either way.

Trump blamed illegals for the problems illegals cause. Not manufacturing. At least I've never heard him try and tie illegals to manufacturing.

Manufacturing jobs will never come back. You need to stop trying to blame people for it, because it doesn't matter who you vote for. Completely irrelevant. Manufacturing will never be a key employment sector in this economy ever again until the end of all human history.

Playing the blame game, is a pointless level of stupidity. They are not coming back. Doesn't matter who you vote for. Doesn't matter what Trump says, or Biden, or Obama, or anyone.

But that's not true. Because Honda had the exact same options as Ford. Yet Honda has made more and more jobs in the US.

That is also not true that tariffs and inflation were connected. You'd have to prove clear evidence of that, and I've found absolutely nothing to connect the two.

Union manufacturing has declined. Not non-union. And nothing Trump did would have changed that either way.

Trump blamed illegals for the problems illegals cause. Not manufacturing. At least I've never heard him try and tie illegals to manufacturing.

Manufacturing jobs will never come back. You need to stop trying to blame people for it, because it doesn't matter who you vote for. Completely irrelevant. Manufacturing will never be a key employment sector in this economy ever again until the end of all human history.

Playing the blame game, is a pointless level of stupidity. They are not coming back. Doesn't matter who you vote for. Doesn't matter what Trump says, or Biden, or Obama, or anyone.

Guess what? Ford, GM and Chrysler union members won big time last year. That should buy them 10 or 20 years.

Now, don't have your kid become uneducated blue collar workers because in 10-20 years robots will do that work. Then jobs will come home. Why have robots in Mexico make them and pay to have them shipped here? Do Mexican robots work for less than American robots?

Tell your kid to become a computer programmer who specializes in AI and automation. Or gamer.

Guess what? Ford, GM and Chrysler union members won big time last year. That should buy them 10 or 20 years.

Now, don't have your kid become uneducated blue collar workers because in 10-20 years robots will do that work. Then jobs will come home. Why have robots in Mexico make them and pay to have them shipped here? Do Mexican robots work for less than American robots?

Tell your kid to become a computer programmer who specializes in AI and automation. Or gamer.
You don't see any inconsistency in your own statements?
You just said they moved operations to Mexico, and now you are saying Unions won big and it will buy them 10 to 20 years?

These are mutually exclusive claims.

Ironically the Unions proclaimed a big victory in 2010 too. What happened? Oh, that's right, GM laid off tons of people, and Chrysler got bought by Fiat.

Tomorrow the ruling class will steal a $100 billion from struggling Americans
With this cash they'll end homelessness and cut poverty
Just kidding, they'll prolong a war they're losing in Ukraine, increase funding for a genocide, continue to provoke China and get even richer

Forum List

Back