Bodycam shows white cop fatally shooting fleeing black dude

And as you yourself posted above -- how come, if this is a stop to corral such a dangerous gun-toting thug -- this officer takes him on alone? Does that strike you as a little odd? Well, me too. You can see and hear after the shooting, the cop's standing there trying to control a crowd and hold off a perp he doesn't yet know is disabled (could be playing possum) -- with an empty gun, desperately calling for backup to "step it up". If the perp is still alive and armed, or if someone else is -- he's a sitting duck. And he knows it.

The officer is a control freak like so many are and cares more about control than their life.
You're serious? Really? The cop should let the perp first?

The perp was dead. :eusa_hand:

Next time, read what I quoted.
If you quoted possum boy, I conveniently can't see it.
Apologies, if in order

I know you're talking to me Ernie. Grow up already.
I'm fully grown and you are not my fucking momma. Your arguments have been shredded for 2 days now. It's time you slithered away.

The officer is a control freak like so many are and cares more about control than their life.

If you mean not dying then yeah he's into control. I see some dude picking up a pistol I'm sure as hell not going to wait and see if he tries to shoot me.

Pogo was talking about how the officer kept screaming "Get back" after the shooting, and I was referring to that.

Ah..my bad. But anyway..
The cop cant have some guy he doesnt know approaching on his flank or going to the victim who had a firearm.
How is it you dont see that?
For all the cop knows he just shot that old mans son and he could be expected to react violently in that situation.

Exactly. You're right, and that was my point -- when the man on his left approaches (the pastor as it turns out) and whoever is also approaching, McMillin is both alone and out of bullets. Had the pastor known that, he might have disregarded the cop's orders and gone ahead to check on Walker; had someone else been armed and decided to shoot at McMillin, the officer would have been a sitting duck; had Walker been still alive and able, he could have picked him off without resistance -- or shot AT the officer, missed and hit a bystander. None of those happened but ANY of them could have.

That's why I say McMillin didn't think this through before he got started. He in fact put himself and others at risk. Now someone's gonna post Walker with his gun was already putting people at risk and that may be so, but McMillin's actions introduced some new ones. New risks that didn't have to happen.

First of all dumb ass he wasnt out of rounds if he only shot five times,he likely had at least seven more rounds left in the magazine and more than likely had nine if that was a Glock .40 which is a pretty common police caliber.
Why you continue to say he was out of ammo when you've been corrected several times leads me to believe your just trolling.

Once again I have to wonder if I'm the only one who watched the video.... :rolleyes:

Watch the gun as he's firing-- and listen to what's going on.
"Bang bang bang bang bang click click". You can see it AND hear it.
Five shots, then two clicks. He's out of ammo after five. His gun is empty. He stops firing after two clicks realizing that. At that point -- he's effectively unarmed. And alone.

Once again -- it's right there in the video. But you just go on with your ingorance and ad hom if it's so comforting.

Apologies, if in order

I'm fully grown and you are not my fucking momma. Your arguments have been shredded for 2 days now. It's time you slithered away.

Busted.

If you mean not dying then yeah he's into control. I see some dude picking up a pistol I'm sure as hell not going to wait and see if he tries to shoot me.

Pogo was talking about how the officer kept screaming "Get back" after the shooting, and I was referring to that.

Ah..my bad. But anyway..
The cop cant have some guy he doesnt know approaching on his flank or going to the victim who had a firearm.
For all the cop knows he just shot that old mans son and he could be expected to react violently in that situation.

Exactly. You're right, and that was my point -- when the man on his left approaches (the pastor as it turns out) and whoever is also approaching, McMillin is both alone and out of bullets. Had the pastor known that, he might have disregarded the cop's orders and gone ahead to check on Walker; had someone else been armed and decided to shoot at McMillin, the officer would have been a sitting duck; had Walker been still alive and able, he could have picked him off without resistance -- or shot AT the officer, missed and hit a bystander. None of those happened but ANY of them could have.

That's why I say McMillin didn't think this through before he got started. He in fact put himself and others at risk. Now someone's gonna post Walker with his gun was already putting people at risk and that may be so, but McMillin's actions introduced some new ones. New risks that didn't have to happen.

First of all dumb ass he wasnt out of rounds if he only shot five times,he likely had at least seven more rounds left in the magazine and more than likely had nine if that was a Glock .40 which is a pretty common police caliber.
Why you continue to say he was out of ammo when you've been corrected several times leads me to believe your just trolling.
Autos don't click after the last round. They simply stop with the chamber opened so you can change mags and get back to work.
Most .40's hold 15 + 1. My Taurus will go single action if a round doesn't go off. I didn't see him clear a round and then have to figure the click click whatzhisface hears is from something else than his weapon.

Ah..my bad. But anyway..

Once again I have to wonder if I'm the only one who watched the video.... :rolleyes:

"Bang bang bang bang bang click click".
Five shots, then two clicks. He's out of ammo after five. His gun is empty. He stops firing after two clicks realizing that. At that point -- he's effectively unarmed.

Once again -- it's right there in the video. But you just go on with your ingorance and ad hom if it's so comforting.

The Glock .40 holds 15 rounds,and pistols,as much as you want them to do not go"click,click" when empty you imbecile. On top of that the Glock slide with lock back when it's empty making it impossible for the trigger to even function let alone make "clicking noises".
You need to stick with wiffle ball bats.

Ah..my bad. But anyway..

Five shots, then two clicks. He's out of ammo after five. His gun is empty. He stops firing after two clicks realizing that. At that point -- he's effectively unarmed.

The Glock .40 holds 15 rounds,and pistols,as much as you want them to do not go"click,click" when empty you imbecile. On top of that the Glock slide with lock back when it's empty making it impossible for the trigger to even function let alone make "clicking noises".

I didn't say it was a Glock ---- YOU did.

So you're going to sit on your ass and deny what's right there in the video. And audio.

Why am I not surprised.
You're a waste of time.

Ah..my bad. But anyway..

Autos don't click after the last round. They simply stop with the chamber opened so you can change mags and get back to work.
Most .40's hold 15 + 1. My Taurus will go single action if a round doesn't go off. I didn't see him clear a round and then have to figure the click click whatzhisface hears is from something else than his weapon.

Since we know he only shot five times we definitely know he had at least 9 more rounds possibly 10 if he loads his mags to the top which he probably doesnt due to the chance of a malfunction on the first feed.
I'm waiting for pogo to explain why the cop only loaded five rounds into his weapon.

Ah..my bad. But anyway..

I didn't say it was a Glock ---- YOU did.

So you're going to sit on your ass and deny what's right there in the video. And audio.

Why am I not surprised.
You're a waste of time.

It is a Glock you douche bag.
And it wouldnt matter what brand pistol it was they all carry more than five rounds you moron.

Or just being persistently stupid. Or just being Pogo. Or both. :dig:

Last edited:

Ah..my bad. But anyway..

Since we know he only shot five times we definitely know he had at least 9 more rounds possibly 10 if he loads his mags to the top which he probably doesnt due to the chance of a malfunction on the first feed.
I'm waiting for pogo to explain why the cop only loaded five rounds into his weapon.

It was fully loaded when he started his shift but he had already shot a couple of "innocent suspects" and had been too busy to reload. Click, click.
:lmao:

Last edited:
Next he'll be avoiding answering you because of some imagined logical fallacy.
You tell him he's ignorant about guns and he shouts "ad hom".
He is most often guilty of argument from authority, only the authority he appeals to is his own imagined superiority.

He's a worthless troll and back on ignore.

So many desperate denialists --- apparently hoping nobody actually watches the video (1:02-1:05) and finds out they're full of shit. I'm always amazed people are actually willing to look this demonstrably stupid.

Waste of time though. Don't have the balls to watch it? Fine, y'all are on your own. :eusa_hand:

So many desperate denialists --- apparently hoping nobody actually watches the video (1:02-1:05) and finds out they're full of shit. I'm always amazed people are actually willing to look this demonstrably stupid.

Waste of time though. Don't have the balls to watch it? Fine, y'all are on your own. :eusa_hand:

Unlike you, Pogo, people here know something about handguns and police work and watched that vid with their eyes open. BTW, it is comically hypocritical of one who authors 15,000 posts per year here to complain about a "waste of time." You are an expert at it.

Apologies, if in order

Busted.
Yeah I looked. I find your posts in this thread fascinating. It's the same as that compulsion to stare at a train wreck. You've been reduced to a blithering idiot and you refuse to stop compounding your idiocy. I can't look away.

And that's why I keep raising the question -- if this kid is thought to be so dangerous, and armed, what the hell is McMillin doing accosting him alone?

I don't know. Did they have a report that he was armed? I still don't know if it was a celphone or gun; but the cop was pretty adamant that it was a gun and he called it a gun in the video on several occasions while knowing that they were being filmed. And no other officer refuted that. But why was he alone when it seemed the whole damn police department was there in about two to three minutes? That's a fair question. I'm not saying he broke protocol. But it seems shortsighted.

Right, that's my point. Actually it was the OP's point but he never came back to defend it.

Cops confront dangerous people alone all the time. Its why the job is hard. But most times it doesn't go bad.

If they sent multiple officers to every dangerous call...they'd never catch up on calls.

Muskogee is a rural town of 39K people. I can't imagine that they get that many calls involving death threats. Sending only one officer (when there were clearly many on duty) was shortsighted.

Black dude had a gun.

Oklahoma police release video of cop fatally shooting armed, fleeing man (Graphic video)

Warning: Some readers might not want to watch the video released by law enforcement because of its graphic content.

Oklahoma police released a video Friday from the body camera of a cop who fatally shot a suspect earlier this month.

Muskogee Officer Chansey McMillin, responding to a domestic abuse complaint, approached 21-year-old Terrance Walker outside the Old Agency Baptist Church on Jan. 17, according to local media.

"Just relax for me,” McMillin said. “Why you shaking for? Relax.”

The video shows Walker run away and McMillin give chase. The suspect then stops to bend over and pick up something he has dropped in the street.

From the video, it is not clear what he is attempting to retrieve, but police say it was a loaded semiautomatic pistol.

McMillin fires five shots at Walker, who had set off running again, which strike and kill the young man. The unedited footage shows Walker fall over into a ditch.

The church’s pastor ran toward the scene and begged the cop to put his gun down.

“Don’t shoot no more,” he shouted.

“Get back!” McMillin screamed multiple times, while approaching the body.

Other officers arrived on the scene. One found the handgun on Walker’s person before checking his vital signs.

Minutes later, McMillin collapsed onto another cop car. His colleagues tried to comfort him.

“You’re all right, baby. You’re all right, OK? Let’s go to my car, come on,” one said.

“F---. Why’d he have to do that?” McMillin said, referring to Walker's attempt to flee.

Walker’s mother,Cassandra, spoke to KXANafter authorities released the body camera footage of her son’s death on Friday. She said she has refused to watch it.

Oklahoma police release video of cop fatally shooting armed fleeing man Graphic video - Yahoo News

Body cam show an armed suspect fumbling with a firearm, putting the officer and the public at risk.

And that's why I keep raising the question -- if this kid is thought to be so dangerous, and armed, what the hell is McMillin doing accosting him alone?

I don't know. Did they have a report that he was armed? I still don't know if it was a celphone or gun; but the cop was pretty adamant that it was a gun and he called it a gun in the video on several occasions while knowing that they were being filmed. And no other officer refuted that. But why was he alone when it seemed the whole damn police department was there in about two to three minutes? That's a fair question. I'm not saying he broke protocol. But it seems shortsighted.

Right, that's my point. Actually it was the OP's point but he never came back to defend it.

Cops confront dangerous people alone all the time. Its why the job is hard. But most times it doesn't go bad.

If they sent multiple officers to every dangerous call...they'd never catch up on calls.

Muskogee is a rural town of 39K people. I can't imagine that they get that many calls involving death threats. Sending only one officer (when there were clearly many on duty) was shortsighted.

Ok. Ill play.

Lets say they did send two. But the other was coming from several miles away...or they were busy on other calls.

The thug was at the event looking for his ex. He had a gun. He threatened her.

How long should the cop wait? What if he waits 5 minutes...and in that 5 minutes the thug kills the girl?

What if an armed man broke into your home. And you called. The man is in your home as you and your family wait. And you find out a cop is outside....but refuses to come inside until back-up arrives?

Cops rarely work like that.

Forum List

Back