Bodycam shows white cop fatally shooting fleeing black dude

When you face a man with a gun you can take all the time you want to figure out his intentions. But it may be too late.

Avoiding a tragic death is exactly what the officer did.

Dude...maybe, you haven't read my prior posts. I'm not debating whether the officer should have shot. I was regarding the possible shortsightedness of police procedure. Sending a lone officer into this situation when there was more than enough other officers seems foolhearty.

Dude, your assuming the officer knew what the situation was before he got there. The cop had no idea the man was going to run or the man was armed until the moment he saw the gun.

Are you saying he should have waited for back-up? Which would give the criminal time to car jack someone to make his escape or worse take aim and shoot the officer?

Look at the video! The officer had mere seconds to react to the situation. He done his job and he did it well.

He knew that the guy had threatened to kill his gf. I haven't read whether he knew of a reported gun or not. So, yes it was a serious complaint; and he should have waited for back-up short of a compelling reason to go it alone right away. He can surveil the guy in the interim. There appeared to be no shortage of officers....

And then you keep arguing stuff that isn't what's being argued. Are you tone deaf? I've already said the officer was justified in shooting in many posts and then directly to you. There's no need to beat this dead horse: "Look at the video! The officer had mere seconds to react to the situation. He done his job and he did it well."

Why do you insist on second guessing the cops actions?

What law enforcement experience do you have?

How many domestic disturbance calls have you been on?

What makes you think that two or ten more cops would have made any difference?

If someone is in fact threatening another person's life, time is of the essence, waiting may have gotten the gf killed or ended up in a hostage situation where other lives may have been in danger.

But second guessing and all the would have's and could have's is utter bullshit.

What's done is done. The shoot was legit.

Deal with it and stop trying to find fault with the police where none exist.

So__ If I don't have so-called law enforcement experience, I'm not allowed to question the actions of cops? Nice attitude, bro.

Question it all you want. I do so frequently,but you have to put yourself in the cops shoes.
Thats my standard approach to these type of incidents. I think if you'll do that you'll have a better grasp of what they go through.

When you face a man with a gun you can take all the time you want to figure out his intentions. But it may be too late.

Dude...maybe, you haven't read my prior posts. I'm not debating whether the officer should have shot. I was regarding the possible shortsightedness of police procedure. Sending a lone officer into this situation when there was more than enough other officers seems foolhearty.

Dude, your assuming the officer knew what the situation was before he got there. The cop had no idea the man was going to run or the man was armed until the moment he saw the gun.

Are you saying he should have waited for back-up? Which would give the criminal time to car jack someone to make his escape or worse take aim and shoot the officer?

Look at the video! The officer had mere seconds to react to the situation. He done his job and he did it well.

He knew that the guy had threatened to kill his gf. I haven't read whether he knew of a reported gun or not. So, yes it was a serious complaint; and he should have waited for back-up short of a compelling reason to go it alone right away. He can surveil the guy in the interim. There appeared to be no shortage of officers....

And then you keep arguing stuff that isn't what's being argued. Are you tone deaf? I've already said the officer was justified in shooting in many posts and then directly to you. There's no need to beat this dead horse: "Look at the video! The officer had mere seconds to react to the situation. He done his job and he did it well."

Cops go to countless calls of "Joe Blow threatened me". Most are exaggerating. This time it wasnt.

And thats why he didnt wait. Because the call was either very serious (meaning the thug may kill her while the cop waits).....or it wasnt which most arent and thats why cops just go handle it.

Cop haters just HAVE to have something to criticize.

I doubt if there was any calls like that within the hour in butt f'ing nowhere Okie. Cops weren't out on these so-called countless calls or they wouldn't have been able to arrive in full force in a matter of seconds.

Bullshit. Not when they cover the whole county which is common in rural areas. Even if they were city cops they were still likely ten minutes away.

If someone is in fact threatening another person's life, time is of the essence, waiting may have gotten the gf killed or ended up in a hostage situation where other lives may have been in danger.

But second guessing and all the would have's and could have's is utter bullshit.

So__ If I don't have so-called law enforcement experience, I'm not allowed to question the actions of cops? Nice attitude, bro.

Question it all you want. I do so frequently,but you have to put yourself in the cops shoes.
Thats my standard approach to these type of incidents. I think if you'll do that you'll have a better grasp of what they go through.

Who's saying I haven't put myself in the cops shoes? I've said time and time again now that he was justified in shooting. I don't think that prohibits me from questioning ways in which this situation could've been avoided.

The point is, you have no idea what they go through. It's easy to sit in front of a computer and say they should of or could of done this or that. But until you put yourself in their shoes, you don't have a clue.

I don't know. Did they have a report that he was armed? I still don't know if it was a celphone or gun; but the cop was pretty adamant that it was a gun and he called it a gun in the video on several occasions while knowing that they were being filmed. And no other officer refuted that. But why was he alone when it seemed the whole damn police department was there in about two to three minutes? That's a fair question. I'm not saying he broke protocol. But it seems shortsighted.

Right, that's my point. Actually it was the OP's point but he never came back to defend it.

Cops confront dangerous people alone all the time. Its why the job is hard. But most times it doesn't go bad.

If they sent multiple officers to every dangerous call...they'd never catch up on calls.

Muskogee is a rural town of 39K people. I can't imagine that they get that many calls involving death threats. Sending only one officer (when there were clearly many on duty) was shortsighted.

In a town of 39k how many cops do you think they can keep on the payroll?

Look at the video, and you'll have a significantly high number for a starting point.

So do the cops run in packs or do they patrol the whole community?

Cops go to countless calls of "Joe Blow threatened me". Most are exaggerating. This time it wasnt.

And thats why he didnt wait. Because the call was either very serious (meaning the thug may kill her while the cop waits).....or it wasnt which most arent and thats why cops just go handle it.

I doubt if there was any calls like that within the hour in butt f'ing nowhere Okie. Cops weren't out on these so-called countless calls or they wouldn't have been able to arrive in full force in a matter of seconds.

Bullshit. Not when they cover the whole county which is common in rural areas. Even if they were city cops they were still likely ten minutes away.

It's BS alright; but on your end. I've lived in enough 39K towns to know just how uneventful they often are. They're no getting a litany of death threat calls. You can that to the mother f'ing bank, dude.

Who's saying I haven't put myself in the cops shoes? I've said time and time again now that he was justified in shooting. I don't think that prohibits me from questioning ways in which this situation could've been avoided.

But what you're not getting, is your questioning does nothing but make you look like a fool.

Right, that's my point. Actually it was the OP's point but he never came back to defend it.

Cops confront dangerous people alone all the time. Its why the job is hard. But most times it doesn't go bad.

If they sent multiple officers to every dangerous call...they'd never catch up on calls.

Muskogee is a rural town of 39K people. I can't imagine that they get that many calls involving death threats. Sending only one officer (when there were clearly many on duty) was shortsighted.

Look at the video, and you'll have a significantly high number for a starting point.

Why are you so worried about cops trolling, I mean patrolling the whole community?

It's BS alright; but on your end. I've lived in enough 39K towns to know just how uneventful they often are. They're no getting a litany of death threat calls. You can that to the mother f'ing bank, dude.

Pretty sure you answered the wrong post.

Why are you so worried about cops trolling, I mean patrolling the whole community?

What the fuck are you talking about? You're starting to sound unhinged.

So...we need a massive hiring spree of cops...to ensure they never have to go alone to a risky call??

If any of you are ever being threatened by someone with a gun....or your loved ones are....I hope you remember to tell dispatch "Now...make SURE he waits for backup...id hate for the guy threatening me to have to get hurt; dont worry ill wait im sure he wont hurt me before backup arrives".

Shot in the back while running away. The cop murdered him and will go to prison.
the cop parked tried to arrest a guy who was just standing around and when he ran away just murdered him

no reason to shoot at all

the guy was just running

why did the cop shoot ?

no self defense , the guy he murdered had no weapon

murder by cop pure and simple

Shot in the back while running away. The cop murdered him and will go to prison.
the cop parked tried to arrest a guy who was just standing around and when he ran away just murdered him

the guy was just running

why did the cop shoot ?

If you can't even find the time to read the whole thread please refrain from commenting. It makes all the effort the intelligent people put into explaining to the dumb one's seem an insult to our time.

Doesn't look like it. He's running away from the camera when he's shot -- five times no less.
Far as I know that's not a position from which it's even possible to shoot to your rear.

It comes down to a question of: running from a cop is illegal, but is it punishable by getting shot in the back? Because that's exactly what took place.

In fact, just now watching again -- he tries to shoot him seven times. He ran out of bullets.
--- which also means when he's brandishing the gun to keep the pastor and others away, he's doing so with an empty gun.

Would have been interesting to see the pastor ignore him and go ahead and check on the kid as he was pleading to do. Of course it would have also been interesting to see what he would have done in that scenario if the gun was not exhausted.

The shots started while the perp was just standing up from kneeling over/picking something up, and was over less than 2 seconds after that. Yes, five shots fired, don't know how you get that he tried to fire 7 shots.

Your comment that he "ran out of bullets" prove that you know absolutely nothing about firearms, or law enforcement. His firearm carries at least 7, and up to 12 rounds. Secondly, when a semi-auto firearm is out of rounds, the slide locks to the rear, his didn't. Lastly, the officer would have another magazine on his belt and, if he HAD run out of ammo, he would have field-reloaded.

You know absolutely nothing about guns, or law enforcement.

And as you yourself posted above -- how come, if this is a stop to corral such a dangerous gun-toting thug -- this officer takes him on alone? Does that strike you as a little odd? Well, me too. You can see and hear after the shooting, the cop's standing there trying to control a crowd and hold off a perp he doesn't yet know is disabled (could be playing possum) -- with an empty gun, desperately calling for backup to "step it up". If the perp is still alive and armed, or if someone else is -- he's a sitting duck. And he knows it.

The officer is a control freak like so many are and cares more about control than their life.

When confronting a man with a gun it is wise to be in control of the situation. Besides, that is their job.

I do understand that concept is hard for a liberal like yourself to comprehend. You like all the other libs need and like to be controlled. That's why you're referred to as "sheeple".

Somebody already made this mistake and misunderstood my post because they didn't read the one I quoted.

the guy was just running

why did the cop shoot ?

Damn guy Go away! The guy dropped a handgun on the ground and was shot as he tried to pick it up. You would know that if you had watched the video with an open mind.

Can't you maybe find a message board that discusses German politics and stop taking up space here?

Forum List

Back