Bodycam shows white cop fatally shooting fleeing black dude

Doesn't look like it. He's running away from the camera when he's shot -- five times no less.
Far as I know that's not a position from which it's even possible to shoot to your rear.

It comes down to a question of: running from a cop is illegal, but is it punishable by getting shot in the back? Because that's exactly what took place.

In fact, just now watching again -- he tries to shoot him seven times. He ran out of bullets.
--- which also means when he's brandishing the gun to keep the pastor and others away, he's doing so with an empty gun.

Would have been interesting to see the pastor ignore him and go ahead and check on the kid as he was pleading to do. Of course it would have also been interesting to see what he would have done in that scenario if the gun was not exhausted.

The shots started while the perp was just standing up from kneeling over/picking something up, and was over less than 2 seconds after that. Yes, five shots fired, don't know how you get that he tried to fire 7 shots.

Your comment that he "ran out of bullets" prove that you know absolutely nothing about firearms, or law enforcement. His firearm carries at least 7, and up to 12 rounds. Secondly, when a semi-auto firearm is out of rounds, the slide locks to the rear, his didn't. Lastly, the officer would have another magazine on his belt and, if he HAD run out of ammo, he would have field-reloaded.

You know absolutely nothing about guns, or law enforcement.

And you know nothing about watching a simple video, because if you did you would see exactly what I described, exactly at the time frames I specified, and know you're dead wrong.

And yes I'm aware he can reload, but that takes the gun down, which he's brandishing in warning. If he lowers to reload, he gives that up. In other words until his backup arrives all he has is illusion. Think about it.

You cowards who want to disregard what's in plain video evidence because you don't have the balls to actually watch it are just fucking pathetic. I came back because someone quoted me. Again it was a complete waste of time.

Doesn't look like it. He's running away from the camera when he's shot -- five times no less.
Far as I know that's not a position from which it's even possible to shoot to your rear.

It comes down to a question of: running from a cop is illegal, but is it punishable by getting shot in the back? Because that's exactly what took place.

In fact, just now watching again -- he tries to shoot him seven times. He ran out of bullets.
--- which also means when he's brandishing the gun to keep the pastor and others away, he's doing so with an empty gun.

Would have been interesting to see the pastor ignore him and go ahead and check on the kid as he was pleading to do. Of course it would have also been interesting to see what he would have done in that scenario if the gun was not exhausted.

The shots started while the perp was just standing up from kneeling over/picking something up, and was over less than 2 seconds after that. Yes, five shots fired, don't know how you get that he tried to fire 7 shots.

Your comment that he "ran out of bullets" prove that you know absolutely nothing about firearms, or law enforcement. His firearm carries at least 7, and up to 12 rounds. Secondly, when a semi-auto firearm is out of rounds, the slide locks to the rear, his didn't. Lastly, the officer would have another magazine on his belt and, if he HAD run out of ammo, he would have field-reloaded.

And you know nothing about watching a simple video, because if you did you would see exactly what I described, exactly at the time frames I specified, and know you're dead wrong.

And yes I'm aware he can reload, but that takes the gun down, which he's brandishing in warning. If he lowers to reload, he gives that up. In other words until his backup arrives all he has is illusion. Think about it.

You cowards who want to disregard what's in plain video evidence because you don't have the balls to actually watch it are just fucking pathetic. I came back because someone quoted me. Again it was a complete waste of time.

In what frame does his slide lock to the rear indicating an empty weapon?

Black dude had a gun.

Oklahoma police release video of cop fatally shooting armed, fleeing man (Graphic video)

Warning: Some readers might not want to watch the video released by law enforcement because of its graphic content.

Oklahoma police released a video Friday from the body camera of a cop who fatally shot a suspect earlier this month.

Muskogee Officer Chansey McMillin, responding to a domestic abuse complaint, approached 21-year-old Terrance Walker outside the Old Agency Baptist Church on Jan. 17, according to local media.

"Just relax for me,” McMillin said. “Why you shaking for? Relax.”

The video shows Walker run away and McMillin give chase. The suspect then stops to bend over and pick up something he has dropped in the street.

From the video, it is not clear what he is attempting to retrieve, but police say it was a loaded semiautomatic pistol.

McMillin fires five shots at Walker, who had set off running again, which strike and kill the young man. The unedited footage shows Walker fall over into a ditch.

The church’s pastor ran toward the scene and begged the cop to put his gun down.

“Don’t shoot no more,” he shouted.

“Get back!” McMillin screamed multiple times, while approaching the body.

Other officers arrived on the scene. One found the handgun on Walker’s person before checking his vital signs.

Minutes later, McMillin collapsed onto another cop car. His colleagues tried to comfort him.

“You’re all right, baby. You’re all right, OK? Let’s go to my car, come on,” one said.

“F---. Why’d he have to do that?” McMillin said, referring to Walker's attempt to flee.

Walker’s mother,Cassandra, spoke to KXANafter authorities released the body camera footage of her son’s death on Friday. She said she has refused to watch it.

Oklahoma police release video of cop fatally shooting armed fleeing man Graphic video - Yahoo News

The thing is, we have had so many lethal shootings of unarmed blacks lately, without those doing the shooting being punished, it is like it has become open season on blacks. It's sickening and frightening. Who would be black in America? I'd leave and seek political asylum elsewhere.

Black dude had a gun.

Oklahoma police release video of cop fatally shooting armed, fleeing man (Graphic video)

Warning: Some readers might not want to watch the video released by law enforcement because of its graphic content.

Oklahoma police released a video Friday from the body camera of a cop who fatally shot a suspect earlier this month.

Muskogee Officer Chansey McMillin, responding to a domestic abuse complaint, approached 21-year-old Terrance Walker outside the Old Agency Baptist Church on Jan. 17, according to local media.

"Just relax for me,” McMillin said. “Why you shaking for? Relax.”

The video shows Walker run away and McMillin give chase. The suspect then stops to bend over and pick up something he has dropped in the street.

From the video, it is not clear what he is attempting to retrieve, but police say it was a loaded semiautomatic pistol.

McMillin fires five shots at Walker, who had set off running again, which strike and kill the young man. The unedited footage shows Walker fall over into a ditch.

The church’s pastor ran toward the scene and begged the cop to put his gun down.

“Don’t shoot no more,” he shouted.

“Get back!” McMillin screamed multiple times, while approaching the body.

Other officers arrived on the scene. One found the handgun on Walker’s person before checking his vital signs.

Minutes later, McMillin collapsed onto another cop car. His colleagues tried to comfort him.

“You’re all right, baby. You’re all right, OK? Let’s go to my car, come on,” one said.

“F---. Why’d he have to do that?” McMillin said, referring to Walker's attempt to flee.

Walker’s mother,Cassandra, spoke to KXANafter authorities released the body camera footage of her son’s death on Friday. She said she has refused to watch it.

Oklahoma police release video of cop fatally shooting armed fleeing man Graphic video - Yahoo News

The thing is, we have had so many lethal shootings of unarmed blacks lately, without those doing the shooting being punished, it is like it has become open season on blacks. It's sickening and frightening. Who would be black in America? I'd leave and seek political asylum elsewhere.

How about we start with law abiding ones.

-Geaux

From the video he bent over to pick something up, according to the reports it was a gun, so that makes him armed. No one at the scene, civilians nor any of the police officers have said otherwise. The black minister has agreed with the police version and he was there throughout.

At least that is what the reports after indicate.

What I find frightening is people who are willing to ignore a police officer's simple instructions.

From the video he bent over to pick something up, according to the reports it was a gun, so that makes him armed. No one at the scene, civilians nor any of the police officers have said otherwise. The black minister has agreed with the police version and he was there throughout.

What I find frightening is people who are willing to ignore a police officer's simple instructions.

Of course. The gun flies out of his pocket in front of his sprint, then he stopped to pick it up. In that split second, and the long, excessive trigger pull/travel of the Glock 22, caused the latency we see between the first shots, and the thug turning away.

-Geaux

He shot him in the back while he was running away.

At least the kid was smarter than the fat one in Mizzou. I mean, running away is better than running towards a cop. True though, after dropping the gun and picking it up, it was curtains then

-geaux

In what frame does his slide lock to the rear indicating an empty weapon?

It doesn't. The weapon was never "empty". Pogoloco wants you to believe the officer held an empty weapon on the suspect knowing the suspect was armed and potentially dangerous.

He's a dumbass.

So you should just let an armed man that has already threatened to kill to get away?

Set the crack pipe down!

So you should just let an armed man that has already threatened to kill to get away?

Set the crack pipe down!
1. We have no verification he threatened to kill anyone.
2. He should have been warned, "stop or I'll shoot." That used to be the requirement before a cop shot someone who was running away.

the dude had a gun

pulled a gun on the cops

took off down the road turned around to fire at cop

luckily dropped the gun and in response

got hit with a hail of bullets killing him dead

the insistence of cops having cam corders

will pay off in law enforcement favor several fold

and seriously hurt the race baiting industry

Set the crack pipe down!
2. He should have been warned, "stop or I'll shoot." That used to be the requirement before a cop shot someone who was running away.

That used to be the requirement

really

--LOL

Set the crack pipe down!

I see you doubled down on the dope smoking.

Muskogee police Cpl. Mike Mahan said Walker had been threatening to kill his ex-girlfriend, saying he “had a bullet with her name on it,” KJRH reported.

Did the Cpl. lie?

The moron didn't heed the officers command at the onset, what makes you think a warning of "stop or I'll shoot" would have made a difference?

I'm sorry to say but you're a moron.

Set the crack pipe down!

That used to be the requirement

really

--LOL
Yes, really. Maybe you are too young to remember. But it used to be across our nation that a cop was not allowed to shoot someone who was fleeing unless he said, "Stop or I'll shoot."

“Stop or I’ll shoot,” is not the law of the land. Law enforcement officers may not fire on fleeing suspects, or known criminals for that matter, simply to prevent them from getting away. Deadly force may only be employed when an officer needs to defend him- or herself or a third party from the imminent use of deadly force, or to prevent the escape of someone the officer believes will seriously endanger human life if not apprehended without delay.
Stop or I ll shoot is not the law of the land New Hampshire Cops Shoot Man Fleeing Their Attempted Drug Buy Sting in Head Kill Him - Hit Run Reason.com

Last edited:
He was picking up a gun, you dolt. Should the cop wait until the first round hits him in the forehead before dispatching the ARMED perpetrator?

If he believes the kid is picking up a gun -- and it's entirely reasonable to presume he is -- why doesn't he shoot at the gun or the kid's hand to keep it out of his control? And perhaps he did but unsuccessfully, whereupon the kid begins to run off. He then continues firing at a running target that's in no position to shoot back.

You must be kidding.

This isn't a Hollywood Western. Nobody shoots the gun out of a perpetrators' hand. Especially when the perpetrator is moving. Cops are trained to shoot center mass to bring the perpetrator down because it's a spit second life or death situation.

Set the crack pipe down!

Muskogee police Cpl. Mike Mahan said Walker had been threatening to kill his ex-girlfriend, saying he “had a bullet with her name on it,” KJRH reported.

Did the Cpl. lie?

The moron didn't heed the officers command at the onset, what makes you think a warning of "stop or I'll shoot" would have made a difference?

Who's the moron?

Stop or I’ll shoot,” is not the law of the land. Law enforcement officers may not fire on fleeing suspects, or known criminals for that matter, simply to prevent them from getting away. Deadly force may only be employed when an officer needs to defend him- or herself or a third party from the imminent use of deadly force, or to prevent the escape of someone the officer believes will seriously endanger human life if not apprehended without delay.

Stop or I ll shoot is not the law of the land New Hampshire Cops Shoot Man Fleeing Their Attempted Drug Buy Sting in Head Kill Him - Hit Run Reason.com

Set the crack pipe down!

Did the Cpl. lie?

Who's the moron?

Stop or I’ll shoot,” is not the law of the land. Law enforcement officers may not fire on fleeing suspects, or known criminals for that matter, simply to prevent them from getting away. Deadly force may only be employed when an officer needs to defend him- or herself or a third party from the imminent use of deadly force, or to prevent the escape of someone the officer believes will seriously endanger human life if not apprehended without delay.

This is Oklahoma, not New Hampshire.

FindLaw Cases and Codes

Held:
The Tennessee statute is unconstitutional insofar as it authorizes the use of deadly force against, as in this case, an apparently unarmed, nondangerous fleeing suspect; such force may not be used unless necessary to prevent the escape and the officer has probable cause to believe that the suspect poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others. Pp. 7-22. [471 U.S. 1, 2]

Forum List

Back