Bodycam shows white cop fatally shooting fleeing black dude

Black dude had a gun.

Oklahoma police release video of cop fatally shooting armed, fleeing man (Graphic video)

Warning: Some readers might not want to watch the video released by law enforcement because of its graphic content.

Oklahoma police released a video Friday from the body camera of a cop who fatally shot a suspect earlier this month.

Muskogee Officer Chansey McMillin, responding to a domestic abuse complaint, approached 21-year-old Terrance Walker outside the Old Agency Baptist Church on Jan. 17, according to local media.

"Just relax for me,” McMillin said. “Why you shaking for? Relax.”

The video shows Walker run away and McMillin give chase. The suspect then stops to bend over and pick up something he has dropped in the street.

From the video, it is not clear what he is attempting to retrieve, but police say it was a loaded semiautomatic pistol.

McMillin fires five shots at Walker, who had set off running again, which strike and kill the young man. The unedited footage shows Walker fall over into a ditch.

The church’s pastor ran toward the scene and begged the cop to put his gun down.

“Don’t shoot no more,” he shouted.

“Get back!” McMillin screamed multiple times, while approaching the body.

Other officers arrived on the scene. One found the handgun on Walker’s person before checking his vital signs.

Minutes later, McMillin collapsed onto another cop car. His colleagues tried to comfort him.

“You’re all right, baby. You’re all right, OK? Let’s go to my car, come on,” one said.

“F---. Why’d he have to do that?” McMillin said, referring to Walker's attempt to flee.

Walker’s mother,Cassandra, spoke to KXANafter authorities released the body camera footage of her son’s death on Friday. She said she has refused to watch it.

Oklahoma police release video of cop fatally shooting armed fleeing man Graphic video - Yahoo News

The thing is, we have had so many lethal shootings of unarmed blacks lately, without those doing the shooting being punished, it is like it has become open season on blacks. It's sickening and frightening. Who would be black in America? I'd leave and seek political asylum elsewhere.

No,they just get more air time these days.

Yes, really. Maybe you are too young to remember. But it used to be across our nation that a cop was not allowed to shoot someone who was fleeing unless he said, "Stop or I'll shoot."

“Stop or I’ll shoot,” is not the law of the land. Law enforcement officers may not fire on fleeing suspects, or known criminals for that matter, simply to prevent them from getting away. Deadly force may only be employed when an officer needs to defend him- or herself or a third party from the imminent use of deadly force, or to prevent the escape of someone the officer believes will seriously endanger human life if not apprehended without delay.
Stop or I ll shoot is not the law of the land New Hampshire Cops Shoot Man Fleeing Their Attempted Drug Buy Sting in Head Kill Him - Hit Run Reason.com

It has NEVER been the "law of the land" that a LEO had to say "Stop or I'll shoot" to a fleeing suspect.

Certain law enforcement officers CAN fire on fleeing suspects/criminals under certain conditions, specifically if they believe that the fleeing subject poses an imminent threat to someone else. During use of force training situations we often used the hypothetical situation of a known armed subject, who is believed to pose a danger to others, who is fleeing....can you use deadly force to stop them? Lots of variants there to be hashed out, but bottom line is YES, there are conditions where a LEO can indeed use deadly force on a fleeing subject.

But this doesn't apply here. It was a fraction of a second between the perp picking up something (probably a gun) and the first shot. Five shots in less than 2 seconds, and it was over. Those who are complaining about this one have never been in such a life-and-death situation. I have, and I thank God I made the right decision.

There are far too many examples of police abusing their power....this is NOT one of them.

Pogo was talking about how the officer kept screaming "Get back" after the shooting, and I was referring to that.

Ah..my bad. But anyway..
The cop cant have some guy he doesnt know approaching on his flank or going to the victim who had a firearm.
How is it you dont see that?
For all the cop knows he just shot that old mans son and he could be expected to react violently in that situation.

The cop kept screaming even when everyone was on the OTHER side of the street, with traffic in between, even though there is a man with a gun who can potentially shoot him.

The bigger threat is not the guy laying face down in the ditch,it's the guy standing five feet from him without any holes in him.

At first, yes, but that guy moved to the other side of the street and two cars passed even, but the cop kept screaming for another minute.

You're really scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

Better than an empty one. The cop has far more attention on people in another time zone while standing over a desperate man. Quite revealing.

The officer is a control freak like so many are and cares more about control than their life.

If you mean not dying then yeah he's into control. I see some dude picking up a pistol I'm sure as hell not going to wait and see if he tries to shoot me.

Pogo was talking about how the officer kept screaming "Get back" after the shooting, and I was referring to that.

The cop cant let anyone get close to the thug. Afterall...the thug had a gun. And even if dead...the bystander may be a sympathizer who know has access to that gun.

Except, he kept screaming "Get back" after it was clear. You would think his attention would go back to the man with a gun as soon as it was clear.
The situation wasn't clear until backup arrived. The cop had to keep the preacher away from the gun. Had the preacher not butted in, the cop could have rendered first aid to the man he had just shot.

The preacher became a non-issue. A cop screaming for one minute and 15 seconds with no one around him, and he would have given first-aid, just like he might have with Michael Brown had he been there. :lol:

From the video he bent over to pick something up, according to the reports it was a gun, so that makes him armed. No one at the scene, civilians nor any of the police officers have said otherwise. The black minister has agreed with the police version and he was there throughout.

At least that is what the reports after indicate.

What I find frightening is people who are willing to ignore a police officer's simple instructions.
He shot him in the back while he was running away.

So you should just let an armed man that has already threatened to kill to get away?

Set the crack pipe down!
1. We have no verification he threatened to kill anyone.
2. He should have been warned, "stop or I'll shoot." That used to be the requirement before a cop shot someone who was running away.

That used to be the requirement

really

--LOL
Yes, really. Maybe you are too young to remember. But it used to be across our nation that a cop was not allowed to shoot someone who was fleeing unless he said, "Stop or I'll shoot."

“Stop or I’ll shoot,” is not the law of the land. Law enforcement officers may not fire on fleeing suspects, or known criminals for that matter, simply to prevent them from getting away. Deadly force may only be employed when an officer needs to defend him- or herself or a third party from the imminent use of deadly force, or to prevent the escape of someone the officer believes will seriously endanger human life if not apprehended without delay.
Stop or I ll shoot is not the law of the land New Hampshire Cops Shoot Man Fleeing Their Attempted Drug Buy Sting in Head Kill Him - Hit Run Reason.com

From the video he bent over to pick something up, according to the reports it was a gun, so that makes him armed. No one at the scene, civilians nor any of the police officers have said otherwise. The black minister has agreed with the police version and he was there throughout.

At least that is what the reports after indicate.

What I find frightening is people who are willing to ignore a police officer's simple instructions.
He shot him in the back while he was running away.

So you should just let an armed man that has already threatened to kill to get away?

Set the crack pipe down!
1. We have no verification he threatened to kill anyone.
2. He should have been warned, "stop or I'll shoot." That used to be the requirement before a cop shot someone who was running away.

That used to be the requirement

really

--LOL

you are frikking nutz if you think the blog

suggests that a cop has to say stop or i will shoot

when defending himself or others

--LOL

The thing is, we have had so many lethal shootings of unarmed blacks lately, without those doing the shooting being punished, it is like it has become open season on blacks. It's sickening and frightening. Who would be black in America? I'd leave and seek political asylum elsewhere.

There are no more than there have been in the past. The only reason you care now is because the bobbleheads say you should. You know like how everyone has become allergic to gluten overnight.

There are no more than there have been in the past. The only reason you care now is because the bobbleheads say you should. You know like how everyone has become allergic to gluten overnight.
I think there are more, and my family includes black people, so I am aware of the situation, and most of all, I don't need anyone to tell me what is important and what isn't.

I think there are more, and my family includes black people....

You "think"? Matters of fact have nothing to do with what you "think," and are in no way related to the skin tone of anyone to whom you may or may not be related.

I think there are more, and my family includes black people, so I am aware of the situation, and most of all, I don't need anyone to tell me what is important and what isn't.
Well by all means then tell us what you 'think' about Timothy Thomas? Amadou Diallo? Orlando Barlow? And not in a few hours after you have had a chance to Google it. If you care as much as you say you will know these cases and be able to rattle off more names just like I did.

Well by all means then tell us what you 'think' about Timothy Thomas? Amadou Diallo? Orlando Barlow? And not in a few hours after you have had a chance to Google it. If you care as much as you say you will know these cases and be able to rattle off more names just like I did.
What is your point? Your suggestion is just senseless.

The point is you only know the names and cases the news is telling you to 'think' about now. Pretty obvious.

Forum List

Back