Bodycam shows white cop fatally shooting fleeing black dude

The officer is a control freak like so many are and cares more about control than their life.
You're serious? Really? The cop should let the perp first?

They think that way. Like cops are obligated to let the thug get the first shot off.

Maybe cops should be restricted by Old English dueling rules. They must stand and face the first shot before they can shoot back hahaha

I don't have any problem with this shooting, except like Pogo said that he could have waited for back-up before trying to handcuff him.

In theory. But the reality is...cops face dangerous people all the time. Most departments dont have the manpower to send backup to every single risky call.

Of course...once shots are fired...that signals everyone to come.

Yet they will send 3 squad cars for someone jaywalking.

In a large urban area maybe. Most cops dont have the luxury of all that back up.

Cant believe people are blaming the cop for this.

And as you yourself posted above -- how come, if this is a stop to corral such a dangerous gun-toting thug -- this officer takes him on alone? Does that strike you as a little odd? Well, me too. You can see and hear after the shooting, the cop's standing there trying to control a crowd and hold off a perp he doesn't yet know is disabled (could be playing possum) -- with an empty gun, desperately calling for backup to "step it up". If the perp is still alive and armed, or if someone else is -- he's a sitting duck. And he knows it.

The officer is a control freak like so many are and cares more about control than their life.

If you mean not dying then yeah he's into control. I see some dude picking up a pistol I'm sure as hell not going to wait and see if he tries to shoot me.

Pogo was talking about how the officer kept screaming "Get back" after the shooting, and I was referring to that.

The cop cant let anyone get close to the thug. Afterall...the thug had a gun. And even if dead...the bystander may be a sympathizer who know has access to that gun.

He...again...went for a gun vs a cop.

Sad. But cop was justified.

Yep,had he just kept running the cop wouldnt likely have shot him.
But even if he did,as long as the cop knew he had a weapon it would be justified.
They have every right to shoot to stop an armed assailant,in the back or otherwise.
I don't know about that one...so if a tea party militia man is armed, and refuses the direct orders of a cop...no matter what, they should be shot in the back?

So do you think all of those thugs at the Bundy Ranch should have been eliminated?

I dont give a crap if the dude was white. If you're dumb enough to threaten your ex with a gun you deserve whatever comes your way.

If you wanna start pulling shit out of your ass...? How about Ferguson?
Those dumb fucks deserved shooting far more than anyone at the Bundy ranch.

Here's the thing,you can post up all the videos of white dudes getting shit beat out of em or shot by the cops and as long as he deserved it ..? I dont give a rats ass.

Play stupid games and win stupid prizes.

They think that way. Like cops are obligated to let the thug get the first shot off.

Maybe cops should be restricted by Old English dueling rules. They must stand and face the first shot before they can shoot back hahaha

I don't have any problem with this shooting, except like Pogo said that he could have waited for back-up before trying to handcuff him.

In theory. But the reality is...cops face dangerous people all the time. Most departments dont have the manpower to send backup to every single risky call.

In a large urban area maybe. Most cops dont have the luxury of all that back up.

How many times does a non-urban area get calls for a man with a gun in a day? :eusa_hand:

It's only the stupid ones so it's all good.

And as you yourself posted above -- how come, if this is a stop to corral such a dangerous gun-toting thug -- this officer takes him on alone? Does that strike you as a little odd? Well, me too. You can see and hear after the shooting, the cop's standing there trying to control a crowd and hold off a perp he doesn't yet know is disabled (could be playing possum) -- with an empty gun, desperately calling for backup to "step it up". If the perp is still alive and armed, or if someone else is -- he's a sitting duck. And he knows it.

If you mean not dying then yeah he's into control. I see some dude picking up a pistol I'm sure as hell not going to wait and see if he tries to shoot me.

Pogo was talking about how the officer kept screaming "Get back" after the shooting, and I was referring to that.

The cop cant let anyone get close to the thug. Afterall...the thug had a gun. And even if dead...the bystander may be a sympathizer who know has access to that gun.

Except, he kept screaming "Get back" after it was clear. You would think his attention would go back to the man with a gun as soon as it was clear.

It's only the stupid ones so it's all good.

It is stupid to suggest a better approach. :laugh:

But even if he did,as long as the cop knew he had a weapon it would be justified.
They have every right to shoot to stop an armed assailant,in the back or otherwise.
I don't know about that one...so if a tea party militia man is armed, and refuses the direct orders of a cop...no matter what, they should be shot in the back?

So do you think all of those thugs at the Bundy Ranch should have been eliminated?

I dont give a crap if the dude was white. If you're dumb enough to threaten your ex with a gun you deserve whatever comes your way.

Here's the thing,you can post up all the videos of white dudes getting shit beat out of em or shot by the cops and as long as he deserved it ..? I dont give a rats ass.

What videos have I posted? Why such a knee jerk reaction? Your statement was that a cop can shoot anyone if they know they have a gun.

How many times does a non-urban area get calls for a man with a gun in a day? :eusa_hand:

You ever been a cop? If so...youd know how common it is. And how many other calls are going on at any given time. And small departments have to investigate older crimes and respond to other 911s and work wrecks and so much other shit....and they only work 40 hours a week.

Not enough manpower to send several cops to every call that "could" be dangerous because thats most of them. Even a simple business alarm or 911 hangup call....could be deadly.

Maybe they should roll 5 deep in an MRAP to every call to ensure they're never alone vs a thug right?

You ever been a cop? If so...youd know how common it is. And how many other calls are going on at any given time. And small departments have to investigate older crimes and respond to other 911s and work wrecks and so much other shit....and they only work 40 hours a week.

I didn't say it had to be that way, just that it could have been.

Ah..my bad. But anyway..
The cop cant have some guy he doesnt know approaching on his flank or going to the victim who had a firearm.
How is it you dont see that?
For all the cop knows he just shot that old mans son and he could be expected to react violently in that situation.

Not enough manpower to send several cops to every call that "could" be dangerous because thats most of them. Even a simple business alarm or 911 hangup call....could be deadly.

Maybe they should roll 5 deep in an MRAP to every call to ensure they're never alone vs a thug right?
Cops always have back up...unless they are in bumfuck nowhere...and even they (like all rural cops) have the State Police they can call for back up. Most departments require an officer to call for back up for all felony stops. Wise cops call for back up if they even sense danger.

He could at this point engage the bystanders in conversation to kill time until his backup arrives. Once they do, they can take positions to Walker's other side. If they really are there to investigate a gun threat, that's a reasonable course, right?

Could have.

What videos have I posted? Why such a knee jerk reaction? Your statement was that a cop can shoot anyone if they know they have a gun.

If that cop knows he is a danger to himself and or general public and saw him commit a crime he damn sure can shoot to stop him.
Read it again..I said you can post all of em up you want and you wont hear me cry about some dumb ass who got himself shot.
No matter what color he was.

If that cop knows he is a danger to himself and or general public and saw him commit a crime he damn sure can shoot to stop him.
Read it again..I said you can post all of em up you want and you wont hear me cry about some dumb ass who got himself shot.
Not that cop...you said all cops and never defined a situation. I simply gave you an alternative situation. If you believe in 2A rights...any person carrying a gun should be shot - cops discretion. That argument doesn't make sense to me.

But we agree, I clearly stated I think the cop was justified.

Cops always have back up...unless they are in bumfuck nowhere...and even they (like all rural cops) have the State Police they can call for back up. Most departments require an officer to call for back up for all felony stops. Wise cops call for back up if they even sense danger.

Bahahahaha!

You obviously never worked as a cop. On a busy night in Southeast Atlanta Zone 3...patrol could be working several shootings. A rape. Bar fights. Domestic assaults. Druggies. A suicidal guy. And car wrecks.

If a call goes bad...good luck getting backup quickly. And yoh had BETTER not be asking for backup just because a call MIGHT dangerous. Youre a cop. HANDLE it.

Bahahahaha!

You obviously never worked as a cop. On a busy night in Southeast Atlanta Zone 3...patrol could be working several shootings. A rape. Bar fights. Domestic assaults. Druggies. A suicidal guy. And car wrecks.

If a call goes bad...good luck getting backup quickly. And yoh had BETTER not be asking for backup just because a call MIGHT dangerous. Youre a cop. HANDLE it.
If you are on a felony stop...you wait for back up. SOP

Not that cop...you said all cops and never defined a situation. I simply gave you an alternative situation. If you believe in 2A rights...any person carrying a gun should be shot - cops discretion. That argument doesn't make sense to me.

But we agree, I clearly stated I think the cop was justified.

If you commit a crime with a firearm and the cops sees you do it,it's game over.
But like I said earlier,I dont think the cop would have shot him had he not picked up the gun.
If I remember correctly I dont believe the cop had his gun drawn until he saw the guy go back and pick it up the pistol. I'll have to go back and take another look.

Bahahahaha!

If you are on a felony stop...you wait for back up. SOP

You can bet that guy was going to make a break for it no matter how many cops were there. Would it have ended up different? Who knows..

Forum List

Back