Bodycam shows white cop fatally shooting fleeing black dude

Yet they will send 3 squad cars for someone jaywalking.

In a large urban area maybe. Most cops dont have the luxury of all that back up.

Cant believe people are blaming the cop for this.

How many times does a non-urban area get calls for a man with a gun in a day? :eusa_hand:

You ever been a cop? If so...youd know how common it is. And how many other calls are going on at any given time. And small departments have to investigate older crimes and respond to other 911s and work wrecks and so much other shit....and they only work 40 hours a week.

Not enough manpower to send several cops to every call that "could" be dangerous because thats most of them. Even a simple business alarm or 911 hangup call....could be deadly.

Maybe they should roll 5 deep in an MRAP to every call to ensure they're never alone vs a thug right?
Cops always have back up...unless they are in bumfuck nowhere...and even they (like all rural cops) have the State Police they can call for back up. Most departments require an officer to call for back up for all felony stops. Wise cops call for back up if they even sense danger.

Bahahahaha!

You obviously never worked as a cop. On a busy night in Southeast Atlanta Zone 3...patrol could be working several shootings. A rape. Bar fights. Domestic assaults. Druggies. A suicidal guy. And car wrecks.

If a call goes bad...good luck getting backup quickly. And yoh had BETTER not be asking for backup just because a call MIGHT dangerous. Youre a cop. HANDLE it.

He could have waited for back-up in the first place, we know for a fact, since back-up DID arrive only 1 1/2 minutes after the shooting.

And as you yourself posted above -- how come, if this is a stop to corral such a dangerous gun-toting thug -- this officer takes him on alone? Does that strike you as a little odd? Well, me too. You can see and hear after the shooting, the cop's standing there trying to control a crowd and hold off a perp he doesn't yet know is disabled (could be playing possum) -- with an empty gun, desperately calling for backup to "step it up". If the perp is still alive and armed, or if someone else is -- he's a sitting duck. And he knows it.

The officer is a control freak like so many are and cares more about control than their life.

If you mean not dying then yeah he's into control. I see some dude picking up a pistol I'm sure as hell not going to wait and see if he tries to shoot me.

Pogo was talking about how the officer kept screaming "Get back" after the shooting, and I was referring to that.

Ah..my bad. But anyway..
The cop cant have some guy he doesnt know approaching on his flank or going to the victim who had a firearm.
How is it you dont see that?
For all the cop knows he just shot that old mans son and he could be expected to react violently in that situation.

The cop kept screaming for a long time even when everyone was on the OTHER side of the street, with traffic in between, even though there is a man with a gun who can potentially shoot him.

Last edited:
And as you yourself posted above -- how come, if this is a stop to corral such a dangerous gun-toting thug -- this officer takes him on alone? Does that strike you as a little odd? Well, me too. You can see and hear after the shooting, the cop's standing there trying to control a crowd and hold off a perp he doesn't yet know is disabled (could be playing possum) -- with an empty gun, desperately calling for backup to "step it up". If the perp is still alive and armed, or if someone else is -- he's a sitting duck. And he knows it.

The officer is a control freak like so many are and cares more about control than their life.

If you mean not dying then yeah he's into control. I see some dude picking up a pistol I'm sure as hell not going to wait and see if he tries to shoot me.

Pogo was talking about how the officer kept screaming "Get back" after the shooting, and I was referring to that.

Ah..my bad. But anyway..
The cop cant have some guy he doesnt know approaching on his flank or going to the victim who had a firearm.
For all the cop knows he just shot that old mans son and he could be expected to react violently in that situation.

The cop kept screaming even when everyone was on the OTHER side of the street, with traffic in between, even though there is a man with a gun who can potentially shoot him.

The bigger threat is not the guy laying face down in the ditch,it's the guy standing five feet from him without any holes in him.

How many times does a non-urban area get calls for a man with a gun in a day? :eusa_hand:

You ever been a cop? If so...youd know how common it is. And how many other calls are going on at any given time. And small departments have to investigate older crimes and respond to other 911s and work wrecks and so much other shit....and they only work 40 hours a week.

Not enough manpower to send several cops to every call that "could" be dangerous because thats most of them. Even a simple business alarm or 911 hangup call....could be deadly.

Maybe they should roll 5 deep in an MRAP to every call to ensure they're never alone vs a thug right?
Cops always have back up...unless they are in bumfuck nowhere...and even they (like all rural cops) have the State Police they can call for back up. Most departments require an officer to call for back up for all felony stops. Wise cops call for back up if they even sense danger.

Bahahahaha!

You obviously never worked as a cop. On a busy night in Southeast Atlanta Zone 3...patrol could be working several shootings. A rape. Bar fights. Domestic assaults. Druggies. A suicidal guy. And car wrecks.

If a call goes bad...good luck getting backup quickly. And yoh had BETTER not be asking for backup just because a call MIGHT dangerous. Youre a cop. HANDLE it.
If you are on a felony stop...you wait for back up. SOP

You can bet that guy was going to make a break for it no matter how many cops were there. Would it have ended up different? Who knows..

If he's surrounded, how can he?

Ah..my bad. But anyway..

The cop kept screaming even when everyone was on the OTHER side of the street, with traffic in between, even though there is a man with a gun who can potentially shoot him.

The bigger threat is not the guy laying face down in the ditch,it's the guy standing five feet from him without any holes in him.

At first, yes, but that guy moved to the other side of the street and two cars passed even, but the cop kept screaming for another minute.

Last edited:

Bahahahaha!

You can bet that guy was going to make a break for it no matter how many cops were there. Would it have ended up different? Who knows..

Surrounded? How many cops do you think are going to show up?
And what makes you think the guy wouldnt have ran at the first sight of a cop?
I mean how close do you think he's going let them get before he ran if that was his plan all along?

Ah..my bad. But anyway..

At first, yes, but that guy moved to the other side of the street and two cars passed even, but the cop kept screaming for another minute.

You're really scrapping the bottom of the barrel.

In a large urban area maybe. Most cops dont have the luxury of all that back up.

Cant believe people are blaming the cop for this.

Bahahahaha!

He could have waited for back-up in the first place, we know for a fact, since back-up DID arrive only 1 1/2 minutes after the shooting.

HEY GENIUS....the thug was there w a gun to threaten his ex. What if the cop waited for backup...and while doing so the thug went ahead and shot her.

Then you all would call him a coward and say its his fault shes dead because he was too scared to handle the thug alone.

The cop didnt have time to wait. The thug was at his exs event...with a gun...threatening her.

And you say he should wait? What would SHE say if he waited and she got shot????

Bahahahaha!

HEY GENIUS....the thug was there w a gun to threaten his ex. What if the cop waited for backup...and while doing so the thug went ahead and shot her.

Then you all would call him a coward and say its his fault shes dead because he was too scared to handle the thug alone.

The cop didnt have time to wait. The thug was at his exs event...with a gun...threatening her.

And you say he should wait? What would SHE say if he waited and she got shot????

Oh bull shit.
You can see it right in the video -- when he first arrives the kid is standing with a female (and maybe others out of view) in calm conversation. Nothing's going on at that point. And if there was something going on, explain why Officer McMillin himself is walking calmly to get there, not in any particular hurry at all. In other words the body language of literally everybody tells us there's no urgency to the situation until McMillan starts handcuffing. By himself.

It's right there in the video, dude.

Bahahahaha!

I mean how close do you think he's going let them get before he ran if that was his plan all along?

He didn't run at the first sight of McMillin, did he?

Ah..my bad. But anyway..

Exactly. You're right, and that was my point -- when the man on his left approaches (the pastor as it turns out) and whoever is also approaching, McMillin is both alone and out of bullets. Had the pastor known that, he might have disregarded the cop's orders and gone ahead to check on Walker; had someone else been armed and decided to shoot at McMillin, the officer would have been a sitting duck; had Walker been still alive and able, he could have picked him off without resistance -- or shot AT the officer, missed and hit a bystander. None of those happened but ANY of them could have.

That's why I say McMillin didn't think this through before he got started. He in fact put himself and others at risk. Now someone's gonna post Walker with his gun was already putting people at risk and that may be so, but McMillin's actions introduced some new ones. New risks that didn't have to happen.

Bahahahaha!

Oh bull shit.
You can see it right in the video -- when he first arrives the kid is standing with a female (and maybe others out of view) in calm conversation. Nothing's going on at that point. And if there was something going on, explain why Officer McMillin himself is walking calmly to get there, not in any particular hurry at all. In other words the body language of literally everybody tells us there's no urgency to the situation until McMillan starts handcuffing. By himself.

So you're saying the guy was totally calm and everything appeared to be okay when the cop rolled up.
So why would he wait for back up if things looked so benign?

Last edited:
Bahahahaha!

He didn't run at the first sight of McMillin, did he?

:lmao:You're kidding right?

You're serious? Really? The cop should let the perp first?

The perp was dead. :eusa_hand:

Next time, read what I quoted.
If you quoted possum boy, I conveniently can't see it.
Apologies, if in order

The cop cant let anyone get close to the thug. Afterall...the thug had a gun. And even if dead...the bystander may be a sympathizer who know has access to that gun.

Except, he kept screaming "Get back" after it was clear. You would think his attention would go back to the man with a gun as soon as it was clear.
The situation wasn't clear until backup arrived. The cop had to keep the preacher away from the gun. Had the preacher not butted in, the cop could have rendered first aid to the man he had just shot.

Bahahahaha!

Oh bull shit.

So you're saying the guy was totally calm and everything appeared to be okay when the cop rolled up.
So why would he wait for back up if things looked do benign?

Obviously because, as posters here keep telling us, there was a report that he was there to blow somebody away. With a gun. The police chief says that in the article.

Obviously too, the officer has no idea what he'll find upon arrival. But upon sizing up the situation and seeing, as the camera does, that all is for the moment calm, it should be in his interest to keep it that way. At least until he knows he has backup to his back and beyond. But he doesn't do that -- he immediately sets up confrontation, alone, with a person suspected of being armed and threatening. In a crowd.

That could go smoothly. But it's not likely.

You're serious? Really? The cop should let the perp first?

The perp was dead. :eusa_hand:

Next time, read what I quoted.
If you quoted possum boy, I conveniently can't see it.
Apologies, if in order

I know you're talking to me Ernie. Grow up already.

Bahahahaha!

Oh bull shit.

So why would he wait for back up if things looked do benign?

Obviously because, as posters here keep telling us, there was a report that he was there to blow somebody away. With a gun. The police chief says that in the article.

Obviously too, the officer has no idea what he'll find upon arrival. But upon sizing up the situation and seeing, as the camera does, that all is for the moment calm, it should be in his interest to keep it that way. At least until he knows he has backup to his back and beyond. But he doesn't do that -- he immediately sets up confrontation, alone, with a person suspected of being armed and threatening. In a crowd.

That could go smoothly. But it's not likely.
That's why he get the big bucks. HE'S A COP, for Christ's sake! He is paid to protect. He did his job.

Ah..my bad. But anyway..

Exactly. You're right, and that was my point -- when the man on his left approaches (the pastor as it turns out) and whoever is also approaching, McMillin is both alone and out of bullets. Had the pastor known that, he might have disregarded the cop's orders and gone ahead to check on Walker; had someone else been armed and decided to shoot at McMillin, the officer would have been a sitting duck; had Walker been still alive and able, he could have picked him off without resistance -- or shot AT the officer, missed and hit a bystander. None of those happened but ANY of them could have.

That's why I say McMillin didn't think this through before he got started. He in fact put himself and others at risk. Now someone's gonna post Walker with his gun was already putting people at risk and that may be so, but McMillin's actions introduced some new ones. New risks that didn't have to happen.

First of all dumb ass he wasnt out of rounds if he only shot five times,he likely had at least seven more rounds left in the magazine and more than likely had nine if that was a Glock .40 which is a pretty common police caliber.
Why you continue to say he was out of ammo when you've been corrected several times leads me to believe your just trolling.

I'm waiting for all the evidence is sorted out before I make a judgement.

I also realize that Police Officers are required to make very quick decisions. They don't have time to wait and see what someone is going to do. That is why when a Police Officer tells you to do something, you need to use your brain and follow instructions, however some seem to think they are to bright or to important to follow easy simple instructions.

Forum List

Back