Bjj

Stoner

Herbologist
Aug 16, 2008
Euphoria
Anyone take Brazilian Jiu Jitsu? I've studied it for over 11 years. I'm lucky I found something that I really love and stuck with. It's not for everyone.

So whose my fellow forum grapplers?

jiujitsu.jpg

[ame=http://youtu.be/zW_9fBzoJoU]Fight Funny Episode 1: BJJ love - YouTube[/ame]

If you think rolling with a girl is going to be sexy...

Anyone take Brazilian Jiu Jitsu? I've studied it for over 11 years. I'm lucky I found something that I really love and stuck with.

Sounds like you're pretty locked in. Did you have to submit the proper paperwork before beginning? Is it expensive? Some gyms are pretty pricey and can leave you really tapped out.

Well you know what they say about assuming. You can message me sweetheart if you want a one on one but this is about BJJ.

And no, I wont roll with you. You seem to attached as it is baby

Whats up BJJ friends!!

Im going on 10 years. 8 with Relson Gracie affiliate. Now with Rafaelo Oliveira in Charleston, SC.

Did no-gi my first 9 years, won top 3 in division 8 times at NAGA, 1-1 in MMA.

Then...a year ago, I put on the gi for the first time. ADDICTED. MMA and no-gi are fun, but the gi is awesome, I love it. Just got my 3rd stripe white belt. Although I can hang with the purple belts due to no-gi experience, that gi still gets me, and I love learning all the details of it.

My instructor says I'd be blue belt if I knew all the collar chokes a bit better, and some of the sleeve control sweeps that you cant do in no-gi. Im working on it, and LOVE it.

Question- how do you guys deal with pre-tournament nerves and jitters? Always been a problem for me.

Whats up BJJ friends!!

Im going on 10 years. 8 with Relson Gracie affiliate. Now with Rafaelo Oliveira in Charleston, SC.

Then...a year ago, I put on the gi for the first time. ADDICTED. MMA and no-gi are fun, but the gi is awesome, I love it. Just got my 3rd stripe white belt. Although I can hang with the purple belts due to no-gi experience, that gi still gets me, and I love learning all the details of it.

My instructor says I'd be blue belt if I knew all the collar chokes a bit better, and some of the sleeve control sweeps that you cant do in no-gi. Im working on it, and LOVE it.

Question- how do you guys deal with pre-tournament nerves and jitters? Always been a problem for me.

Not a bjj guy, but you kill the nerves with visualization.

Whats up BJJ friends!!

8 times at NAGA OSS!

I love No-gi but I'm being told (and finding) there aren't a lot of places that only do no gi and if they do its only 1 time a week. Once I rolled the first time once a week wasn't an option.

So I'm getting a Gi soon. Is there any difference you've found with the weave (gold, pearl, single etc) or don't worry about all that?

This girl keeps telling me that her daughter is a blue belt.....in Taekwondo and shes 10. I keep trying to tell her its not the same but....mothers and their children...sheesh

Forum List

Back