What Is A "Shell Company"?

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
I keep hearing people on this forum ominously stating that Hunter Biden has "20 shell companies". The implication is that this is something really, really bad.

But when I ask these people what "20 shell companies" means to them, I get silence.

So I thought I'd throw it out there to the forum in general and see what happens.

What does "shell companies" mean to you?

Thank you.

I keep hearing people on this forum ominously stating that Hunter Biden has "20 shell companies". The implication is that this is something really, really bad.

But when I ask these people what "20 shell companies" means to them, I get silence.

So I thought I'd throw it out there to the forum in general and see what happens.

Thank you.

Essentially, a company on paper only that is typically used to skirt tax laws or hide certain business dealings.

Thank you.

Yes, you are ignorant.

If you were not so monumentally partisan, you might be able to learn something about the world around you.

What Is a Shell Corporation?​

A shell corporation is a corporation without active business operations or significant assets. These types of corporations are not all necessarily illegal, but they are sometimes used illegitimately, such as to disguise business ownership from law enforcement or the public.

Thank you.

I'm under the impression they are perfectly legal limited liability companies (llcs) being deemed 'shell companies' by an overzealous, biased media.

Thank you.

For one example, YOU can open an LLC to hide your identity if you are investing in Real Estate, and it quite ok and legal. You can also use an LLC to pass money through without your name being attached, but Im not quite sure of the details as to when it is legal or illegal, though its common knowledge that these shell companies are sometimes used to launder money.

I havnt been keeping up with how many shell companies Hunter supposedly owns, but..... if he had 20 of them and is bringing in money internationally, then its worth investigating. I could see a scenario where if a person is bringing in millions of dollars, you would'nt want all that money flowing through one company because it would draw attention. You might spread it out over 20 different LLCs

Thank you.

Look it up and find out. A one or two line explanation won't do.

I'm under the impression they are perfectly legal limited liability companies (llcs) being deemed 'shell companies' by an overzealous, biased media.
What have you seen to give you that impression?
Have you thought about what the company 'books' look like? Profit margin?
What's their business, import/export? A service?
Or...is it just a name?

Or...is it just a name?
The quick answer is that they're a mechanism used mostly by the wealthy to avoid paying taxes, and then hang the taxes on the backs of the middle class.

10% BG LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hunter's Burisma Ventures LLC, which is owned by H & J Inn Fluence Pedeln, LP, a Delaware limited Partnership having 10% BG II, LLC and Hunter's Art Studio Corp as general partners and 10% BGIII, LLC & Hunt, LLC as the sole limited partners

Thank you.

A "shell" company is a company that has no ongoing business operations, products or services. But let's give the Bidens the benefit of the doubt. They could clear this up easily by producing the list of employees working for each of their companies, their profit/loss statements, and payroll information. All 20 of them.

Or...is it just a name?
It's what I haven't seen, which is any indication of these interests being 'shell companies'.

Thank you.

its what they used the companies for thats bad,,

do you know what business they did other than launder money??

Forum List

Back