My Experience in San Diego Today

Things will always get worse when the Democrats run everything.

^^^^

Absolutely yes! :thup:

1710813104341.png

You are confused Moon Bat.

We didn't take care of the filthy ass Negroes and Commies in the 2020 Insurrection and they rioted, looted, murdered and destroyed in over 200 American cities for six months. It was a disgrace to our country.

That is what happens when we have have weak dumbass Liberals running things.

Of course it was almost 100 years ago but back then in Tulsa and other places we didn't let the goddamn Negroes destroy our cities and that was a good thing.
Olde white guy with small hands posts ^^^^^^^^^

I have a half sister that lives in West Virginia. It's beautiful. They don't have comatose bodies in the street with rotting limbs.
Yea right, meth and opiate addicts who will steal anything not padlocked and how many of the people living in that state are getting some kind of government assistance? How many are around the poverty line?

Poverty is a Big City Problem.
Poverty is also a Southern State Problem.
See the chart YOU provided.

Poverty in the big cities is exacerbated by progressive policies. That's why the middle class is fleeing California, new york city, Chicago, Minneapolis, etc. etc. etc.

Poverty in the big cities is exacerbated by progressive policies. That's why the middle class is fleeing California, new york city, Chicago, Minneapolis, etc. etc. etc.
How?

And California isn't a city fuckup.

You are full of it. I worked on L.A.’s skid row for years. From that real-world experience, I found there are three kinds of homeless, of which only one can be helped by an external source. That one is people “ down on their luck”. People whose circumstances have been affected by external forces like unemployment. The vast majority of homeless are either mentally ill or substance dependent. They can’t be helped until they decide they want help. The final group are people who actually desire to be homeless because they aren’t willing to accept the constraints of an organized life. These people used to be called hobos. There are plenty of resources to help the first group and they generally don’t stay homeless for long.

You literally write the first sentence that makes me not bother with the rest. What's the fucking point?

I'm out in San Diego today as I will be working in Southern California all week. After checking into my hotel downtown I walked about ten minutes to a cafe I like to go to when I'm here. As I was walking up Union Street I walked past a homeless guy camped out on the grass next to the sidewalk in a sleeping bag. I glanced over as I was walking by and his sleeping was wide open and he was openly masturbating.

I've seen a lot of stuff over the past 11 years that I've been working out here, but I've never seen that before. The situation in California has gotten steadily worse over the years and I simply don't understand the mentality of the people here. There seems to be no actual will to want to change this. They'll complain about it here and there, but continue to vote the same people into office year after year who cause this situation in the first place and will do nothing to fix it. It's like there is a complete disconnect for what people think they are voting for and what they are actually getting.
Keep this in mind in case the Dems pull Biden out at the last minute and install Newsom, whose campaign slogan could be “Californizing a Neighborhood Near You!”

(I don’t think they can run Harris. She has shown herself to be an empty suit and is far, far to the left. The independents won’t vote for her.)

I'm out in San Diego today as I will be working in Southern California all week. After checking into my hotel downtown I walked about ten minutes to a cafe I like to go to when I'm here. As I was walking up Union Street I walked past a homeless guy camped out on the grass next to the sidewalk in a sleeping bag. I glanced over as I was walking by and his sleeping was wide open and he was openly masturbating.

I've seen a lot of stuff over the past 11 years that I've been working out here, but I've never seen that before. The situation in California has gotten steadily worse over the years and I simply don't understand the mentality of the people here. There seems to be no actual will to want to change this. They'll complain about it here and there, but continue to vote the same people into office year after year who cause this situation in the first place and will do nothing to fix it. It's like there is a complete disconnect for what people think they are voting for and what they are actually getting.

I'm not sure what you think can be done here.

The problem we have with the homeless is multi-fold. We decided some time ago that we were going to get rid of the flop houses and skid rows, where these people with addictions and alcoholism could "flop" on the cheap.

We decided that we didn't want mental hospitals anymore, because we all saw "One flew over the Coukoo's Nest" and we felt really bad about what happened to Jack Nicholson.

Well, these people had to end up somewhere, and so they have.

I'm not sure what you think can be done here.

The problem we have with the homeless is multi-fold. We decided some time ago that we were going to get rid of the flop houses and skid rows, where these people with addictions and alcoholism could "flop" on the cheap.

We decided that we didn't want mental hospitals anymore, because we all saw "One flew over the Coukoo's Nest" and we felt really bad about what happened to Jack Nicholson.

Well, these people had to end up somewhere, and so they have.
That’s a fact, believe it or not there were once such things as cheap hotels and long term rentals that catered to those folks, I saw my little shit ass city go nuts when a few bad tenants committed crimes and they are all gone now, torn down and something new in its place (the crimes were petty and the same today as they were then)

The difference? Those folks are all homeless now, as those same places no longer exist for them to get off the streets

Again, did you take a tour of the Midway? The Rooskie Sub? The sailing ship or the galleon? If you're going to SD, go to SD!

Forum List

Back