Auschwitz-Birkenau 70 years on

namvet

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
across the pond
The 70th anniversary since the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp was liberated takes place Tuesday, and coinciding with that is the release of this incredible footage.
Thousands of tourists, and survivors, visit the camp in Poland which is now a World Heritage Site.

During World War II, Auschwitz was the largest Nazi established camp, with more that a million people dying there, most of them Jews, between 1940 and 1945.

Starting at the railway tracks the drone takes us through the entrance where you see the sign ‘Arbeit Macht Frei’ – “Work sets you free”.

Birkenau, which was erected in 1941 as a death camp, can be seen now in ruins with only the brick fireplaces and chimneys remaining. Haunting.

link

The 70th anniversary since the Auschwitz-Birkenau concentration camp was liberated takes place Tuesday, and coinciding with that is the release of this incredible footage.
Thousands of tourists, and survivors, visit the camp in Poland which is now a World Heritage Site.

During World War II, Auschwitz was the largest Nazi established camp, with more that a million people dying there, most of them Jews, between 1940 and 1945.

Starting at the railway tracks the drone takes us through the entrance where you see the sign ‘Arbeit Macht Frei’ – “Work sets you free”.

Birkenau, which was erected in 1941 as a death camp, can be seen now in ruins with only the brick fireplaces and chimneys remaining. Haunting.

link

Gun control makes such atrocities possible.

Will Obama attend to honor his uncle taking part in liberating Auschwitz? Oh wait....the Soviets liberated Auschwitz. LOL What a dope

It really is about time we all put the Holocaust behind us. We've moved-on from the Black Death that wiped-out way more than the Nazis did, so now we can move-on from the Holocaust.

It really is about time we all put the Holocaust behind us. We've moved-on from the Black Death that wiped-out way more than the Nazis did, so now we can move-on from the Holocaust.
That is the Obama Administration policy, move on to the extermination of Israel.

Wrong, we must never forget what happened. Never

link

Good choice of words 'haunting.' Makes ya wonder why the glut of 'ghost hunter' shows don't go to a concentration camp.

Will Obama attend to honor his uncle taking part in liberating Auschwitz? Oh wait....the Soviets liberated Auschwitz. LOL What a dope

They also raped all the women, oh wait the smart captives found out the Soviets were coming and they followed the Germans but then got blown up with bombs from the US and Britain.

They also raped all the women, oh wait whey the captives found out the Soviets were coming they followed the Germans.

They didn't rape the concentration camp women, they were too far gone, barely living. Study up on your history and then comment

Well, eventually "we" (as in humanity) will eventually invest less concern over what happened during the Holocaust over the next few hundred years once the survivors and their ancestors have passed away. It's inevitable.

Well, eventually "we" (as in humanity) will eventually invest less concern over what happened during the Holocaust over the next few hundred years once the survivors and their ancestors have passed away. It's inevitable.

We still must never forget and must never let it happen again

We always should remember WWII where over 65 million people died. To make it all about the holocaust is a crime against the rest of the people, innocent soldiers and non military who lost their lifes and all those that suffered.

link

Good choice of words 'haunting.' Makes ya wonder why the glut of 'ghost hunter' shows don't go to a concentration camp.

WOW.

Now that would be spooky.

My son once wanted to camp overnight(surrepticiously, of course) at Gettysburg.

At dark, as I went to get the sleeping bags, and put a "Vehicle Disabled, Will Return" sign on my truck, I left him just below Little Round top.

When I got back to him, he was pale white, and said "Let's get the Hell out of here".

I imagine on of the death camps would be creepier.

We always should remember WWII where over 65 million people died. To make it all about the holocaust is a crime against the rest of the people, innocent soldiers and non military who lost their lifes and all those that suffered.

Give it a rest, you're an anti Semite and it's rearing it's ugly head....again

Who ever makes it "all about the Holocaust".

But again, your Jew hate is duly noted.

link

WOW.

At dark, as I went to get the sleeping bags, and put a "Vehicle Disabled, Will Return" sign on my truck, I left him just below Little Round top.

When I got back to him, he was pale white, and said "Let's get the Hell out of here".

I saw a video about ghosts and Gettysburg, it was one of two things, an excellent con job or something so real I don't know how long I could be there. Spooky

Yeah yeah whatever

link

WOW.

I saw a video about ghosts and Gettysburg, it was one of two things, an excellent con job or something so real I don't know how long I could be there. Spooky

I only experienced that ghost thing at Vicksburg.

Scared me shitless, and I don't scare easy.

link

WOW.

I'll see if I can locate that vid. If I do I'll post it

link

WOW.

I'll see if I can locate that vid. If I do I'll post it

Forum List

Back