Another one for the tough shit file.

I've given ex-cons chances twice in my life and regretted it both times. Once a person has done significant time in a prison you know what they've become capable of. Cage a dog in a kennel, release a wolf that won't hesitate to escalate. She should seek work in the penal system...she knows the hustles and signs of trouble and would be an asset as a guard or trainer for new guards.

jail.gif

I've given ex-cons chances twice in my life and regretted it both times. Once a person has done significant time in a prison you know what they've become capable of. Cage a dog in a kennel, release a wolf that won't hesitate to escalate. She should seek work in the penal system...she knows the hustles and signs of trouble and would be an asset as a guard or trainer for new guards.

Except there's nothing to indicate this woman, who has stayed out of trouble for 18 years, is a recidivist.

i hate when people use being molested as a child for any behavior they decide to commit....she took a gun to confront him....i would think at that point pretty much anything he said would set her off....she made a series of really bad choices....she could have simply gone totally public with her accusations and then let the system kick in as poorly as it does...but she killed someone in cold blood....oddly the reasons dont matter unless it falls into self defense etc and so forth....killing someone for past deeds just doesnt cut it

She served her time. We complain about repeat criminals, but then we rig the system to make it impossible for people like her to actually reform their lives when they get out and yet we can't understand why they return to a life of crime.
This wasn't a bust for selling grass or hooking on the street corner.

This woman took a human life, as a matter of choice.

Ya gotta draw the line someplace.

The taking of human life is a goddamned good place to draw that line.

Don't want to be on the wrong side of that line?

Don't pull the trigger.

Don't pull the trigger.

Unless you are Darren WIlson or George Zimmerman...

Don't pull the trigger.

Unless you are Darren WIlson or George Zimmerman...
True...

Self-defense and/or appropriate-use-of-lethal-force to subdue a criminal suspect are, indeed, legitimate exceptions, in such a context...

Calm yourself, Joe... what does that have to do with whether or not the woman-in-question took a human life in cold blood?

She did her time. That should be the end of it...
Nope.

Convicted felons carry a record of conviction with them that follows them their entire lives.

Violent convicted felons carry a special taint that follows them their entire lives.

Murderous violent convicted felons carry an extra-special taint that follows them them entire lives.

That is all that is happening here.

No more... no less.

Actions have consequences.

Sometimes those consequences last a lifetime.

Nobody else is responsible for the consequences she faces.

These consequences are all hers... she owns them.

...Zimmerman and Wilson are walking around free. Because black lives don't matter.
Completely irrelevant to the case at hand.

Fuck yourself.

How's that for compassion?

Really, about what I'd expect from you, dude. Frankly, it amazes me you spend so much time hating people you don't know and have done nothing to you.
You really aren't arrogant enough to think I invest in hate of an insignificant internet whiner and member of the Professional Whining Class do you?

She tracked the man down. When she killed him he posed no threat to her. She wasn't defending herself. She killed someone merely because she didn't like him.

She should have gotten a pardon then she wouldn't be having this problem.

Why doesn't she consider starting her own business? No background checks to pass and she'd be the CEO from the git go.

She served her time. We complain about repeat criminals, but then we rig the system to make it impossible for people like her to actually reform their lives when they get out and yet we can't understand why they return to a life of crime.

Whether or not "she" can reform "her" life is not a "we" equation.
It isn't easy ... It may not be "fair" (an insane concept for people stuck wearing rose colored glasses).

Whether or not she reforms her life and becomes a productive member of society rests on her and what she is willing to endure in order to get there.
She is not the first person nor the last that will encounter difficulties overcoming the obstacles in front of her.
Perhaps she will find aid and assistance from people who care ... Perhaps she will endure and pound away at the things that deny her happiness.

Honor, integrity, determination and self-fulfillment are all gifts you give yourself.

Calm yourself, Joe... what does that have to do with whether or not the woman-in-question took a human life in cold blood?

She did her time. That should be the end of it...
Nope.

Convicted felons carry a record of conviction with them that follows them their entire lives.

Violent convicted felons carry a special taint that follows them their entire lives.

Murderous violent convicted felons carry an extra-special taint that follows them them entire lives.

That is all that is happening here.

No more... no less.

Actions have consequences.

Sometimes those consequences last a lifetime.

Nobody else is responsible for the consequences she faces.

These consequences are all hers... she owns them.

...Zimmerman and Wilson are walking around free. Because black lives don't matter.
Completely irrelevant to the case at hand.

Unless they are as fortunate as I was and be granted a full pardon and their records expunged.

Say that again

Long long long time ago, I worked at Burger King. Cashier and drive thru both..at the same time. I was good. And fast. Which is why they put me there.
Manager hired this gal from India. She was a banker in India. Nobody would hire her. Nobody. Not even banks. He put her on the salad bar. I had a fit and told him to get her ass off the salad bar and put some bimbo there instead...stick her on a register and have her help with the bookkeeping. He listened to me and did it. She eventually became asst manager. Then her husband came over and they saved up and bought a motel. Now they own 4 motels, last I heard.
This woman did her time. But now she has to live with her decisions. I don't give a rats ass that she has a college degree and everyone sees her as a convict. Shit happens. DEAL with it, work where she can and stop thinking she can run with the big boys and girls due to that college degree. She can't. She's an ex con. Period. Get a fucking job at Burger King, save up, get off food stamps and stop whining about shit SHE chose to do to get her in this situation.

My brother was gifted and intelligent, but he had a serious drug habit. Eventually he got in with the wrong crowd and was involved in a robbery and shootout with cops. He did 8 years. When he got out, nobody would hire him. So he lives off of welfare, watches television, takes prescription medications, and votes Democrat.

He could be dead. I guess things could be worse.

Long long long time ago, I worked at Burger King. Cashier and drive thru both..at the same time. I was good. And fast. Which is why they put me there.
Manager hired this gal from India. She was a banker in India. Nobody would hire her. Nobody. Not even banks. He put her on the salad bar. I had a fit and told him to get her ass off the salad bar and put some bimbo there instead...stick her on a register and have her help with the bookkeeping. He listened to me and did it. She eventually became asst manager. Then her husband came over and they saved up and bought a motel. Now they own 4 motels, last I heard.
This woman did her time. But now she has to live with her decisions. I don't give a rats ass that she has a college degree and everyone sees her as a convict. Shit happens. DEAL with it, work where she can and stop thinking she can run with the big boys and girls due to that college degree. She can't. She's an ex con. Period. Get a fucking job at Burger King, save up, get off food stamps and stop whining about shit SHE chose to do to get her in this situation.

My brother was gifted and intelligent, but he had a serious drug habit. Eventually he got in with the wrong crowd and was involved in a robbery and shootout with cops. He did 8 years. When he got out, nobody would hire him. So he lives off of welfare, watches television, takes prescription medications, and votes Democrat.

He could be dead. I guess things could be worse.
He's Walking Dead.

A fate worse than the death we all face anyway.

I have a sister like that.

To the "served her time" position ... She served her state mandated time assessed by a court of law in regards to her criminal code violation and subsequent conviction.

I have a convicted felon who works for me (car thief when he was younger) ... One of the best employees I have.
He didn't get the job because I felt sorry for him ... Nor because he served his time and I owed him a chance.
He got the job because he was honest about it, repentant, humble and was willing to do whatever I needed him to do in order to become a valuable business asset.

I will be honest ... I put him through hell during a year long probation period ... To test his resolve and the way he responded to conflict.
He did fine ... Is now what I would consider to be a fine young man who made stupid mistakes when he was a stupid kid.

He also never made the mistake of thinking I owed him a chance or a fucking thing other than fair wages for the job he performed ... He earned the respect I give him.
I was harder on him than I was with other people ... That is the way it is and what makes him that much more special now.

Forum List

Back