Another one for the tough shit file.

To the "served her time" position ... She served her state mandated time assessed by a court of law in regards to her criminal code violation and subsequent conviction.

I have a convicted felon who works for me (car thief when he was younger) ... One of the best employees I have.
He didn't get the job because I felt sorry for him ... Nor because he served his time and I owed him a chance.
He got the job because he was honest about it, repentant, humble and was willing to whatever I needed him to do in order to become a valuable business asset.

I will be honest ... I put him through hell during a year long probation period ... To test his resolve and the way he responded to conflict.
He did fine ... Is now what I would consider to be a fine young man who made stupid mistakes when he was a stupid kid.

He also never made the mistake of thinking I owed him a chance or a fucking thing other than fair wages for the job he performed ... He earned the respect I give him.
I was harder on him than I was with other people ... That is the way it is and what makes him that much more special now.

Great post, but, that said, no blood on his hands.

Great post, but, that said, no blood on his hands.

I cannot say that I wouldn't consider it if he had blood on his hands ... Albeit the job doesn't require situations that would offer a particular additional risk in that case.
Also, as a veteran, I am not particularly squeamish about blood ... It would certainly be a factor for consideration though.
At the same time ... Trusting a convicted thief around money and highly expensive as well as somewhat portable equipment ... Still presents an apparent risk.

I do believe that people can change though ... I believe they are the captains of their fate.

She should have been executed. Especially since there isn't any doubt she did it. I don't care about motive. Can justify and rationalize anything.

She should have been executed. Especially since there isn't any doubt she did it. I don't care about motive. Can justify and rationalize anything.
Let's face it, she is black.

Were she white, there would be no thread.

Irrelevant. If we let people kill people who can't then defend themselves or refute their claims it's over. Can't prove he did it if he's dead. So we just have the word of a known murderer to go on. Ya that's credible.

I've given ex-cons chances twice in my life and regretted it both times. Once a person has done significant time in a prison you know what they've become capable of. Cage a dog in a kennel, release a wolf that won't hesitate to escalate. She should seek work in the penal system...she knows the hustles and signs of trouble and would be an asset as a guard or trainer for new guards.

Except there's nothing to indicate this woman, who has stayed out of trouble for 18 years, is a recidivist.

Then YOU hire her!

Forum List

Back