American Women

Originally posted by Moi
I am different in the fact that I don't believe women are any better than men just because their talents lie in differnt things than brute force strength. I did not say that men were incapable of handling what I have- I said that he was incapable as a person. My whole point was that internal strength is more important.

I don't think the poster, to whom I directed my writing-not all men in general, could walk a mile in my shoes because I think he is incapable of doing so. Not because I'm a woman and he's a man but because he fails to see that every person has something to offer and should be valued for that alone.

Talent and being valuable aren't tied just to male oriented strengths. There's something to be said for being articulate, compassionate, strong, diligent, intuitive...they are all worthy traits.

The difference between us is that I value other's contributions- including the men that created my country - it's just that I also value the women's contributions equally.

so you are agreeing with me. Cool.

My gas is as strong as a womans. -Stronger even.

i'm former airborne myself and can bench 270 (how many women can bench more than half that and in all actuallity 270 is not that much).

Oh how manly - that is soooo thrilling.
Im ABSOLUTELY DAMP (not) from the thought of your big strong manliness. I am so honored to be in your presence - even just the internet presence of your greatness.

Oooo.
baby.
ah.

shit - even I cant keep a straight face in my sarcasm. <gag>

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by janeeng
read and weep my friend! :finger3:

In the final event Friday, the 165-pound weight class, Rachel Hearn lifted a total of 489.5 pounds, 5 more than Biliksu Musa of Nigeria. That moved the U.S. team ahead of Nigeria and guaranteed the Americans will participate in Athens next year.

FEMALE weightlifters

i was talking bench-press only here are the american records
165 lb.woman (linda blackburn)3-17-01 lifted 330.5 lbs(world record)
165 lb teen(16-19) 3-20-99 sara rowse lifted 231.2 lbs

now men

165lb michael hara 9-7-02 lifted 523.5
single lift teen 16-19 joe luther 3-01-98 413.2 lbs

didn't someone say i was wrong when i said bullshit to several girls in his high school benched over 300lbs.?

who cares how much someone,anyone can lift. I have had both male and female bosses and this may be a shocker but I would rather have the lady for a boss. less confrontational, reasonable, more honest, usually very easy on the eyes, and fair. If the lady can do the work, pay her! if its the same job as a man , pay her as a man. whats so damn hard about it.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
My point exactly Jon!:clap:

it matters if you are a cop,fireman,military,furniture mover,coal miner,if you are in construction or any physical job then men will be able to outperform women and have to carry them since they can not perform as well.

if women are truly equal then lets get rid of all womens sports and integrate the two,the only problem is we would never get to see women atheletes.

my experience with women in the workplace
1.grocery store-men did all the lifting and physically demanding jobs while women were mostly checkers.
2.army-no women allowed in my combat unit but in airborne school only one women made it out of my company(most failed p.t.)
3-printing business-women in the office men on the shop floor
4-aircraft(boeing and raytheon)-women do small easy jobs men bust their collective asses on the line
i also was going to be a police officer (went through everything except polygraph and had a change of heart)on the body drag,trigger squeeze and obstacle course women were all far below mens scores

Originally posted by cptpwichita
my experience with women in the workplace
1.grocery store-men did all the lifting and physically demanding jobs while women were mostly checkers.
2.army-no women allowed in my combat unit but in airborne school only one women made it out of my company(most failed p.t.)
3-printing business-women in the office men on the shop floor
4-aircraft(boeing and raytheon)-women do small easy jobs men bust their collective asses on the line
i also was going to be a police officer (went through everything except polygraph and had a change of heart)on the body drag,trigger squeeze and obstacle course women were all far below mens scores

For what it's worth, these experiences will change depend on who you speak to. My experience with women in the workplace:

1- Landscaping - There were 7 of us in our crew and one was female. She used all the same tools and did the identical work as the guys or she was out of a job. Most of us guys took breaks every 45mins or so for smokes and drinks, she worked through 90% of those.

2- Air purification systems - I worked for an outfiit in NJ replacing/repairing/installing these systems (glorified smoke eaters) in bars and businesses in the tri-state area. 2 women worked there and were assigned identical routes and jobs as the men.

3- Various IT positions since 1991 - I've worked at 3 major companies since 1991 in the IT industry. These positions were divided practically 50/50 between men and women. Almost all of these women earned their degrees or certifications in their respective fields just like the men did.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
So you basically dont believe that woman should have the same oppurtunity to get the same job as a man? if you continued you quest to be a cop, but were outscored by a woman doe's she deserve the job?

if she could beat me out i wouldn't have any bad feelings at all.if she got the job because of affirmative action i would be pissed.if i had to carry a female partner i would be pissed.

if she could beat me out i wouldn't have any bad feelings at all.if she got the job because of affirmative action i would be pissed.if i had to carry a female partner i would be pissed.

I can understand. Every job Ive ever had, Ive always had to 'carry' the men that I worked with. Especially intellectually.

I guess that is the curse that goes along with being me.....

DK:

ok, ok, ok....
I will accept the fact that you are my intellectual equal.....but then again, we've never worked together, have we? ;)

All in all, I have this to say:

Do not start.
You will not win.

Dismissed.

:cof:

Anything for you!

He is laughing....lol
And he doesnt mind - he knows Im just razzing him.....ask him and he will tell you that giving him shit is what I do best....or at least within the top 3

Forum List

Back