American Women

Originally posted by cptpwichita
how many planes collectively have they shot down?

:gives:

Its not about competition, considering their time is just a percentage compared to mens, its about accomplishments.

trying to compete against women makes you inferior, its much more fun to work together for a common cause with them.

Originally posted by DKSuddeth

Its not about competition, considering their time is just a percentage compared to mens, its about accomplishments.

trying to compete against women makes you inferior, its much more fun to work together for a common cause with them.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by DKSuddeth

True, but then you'd be taking away my raison d'etre. Being better at a "man's game" is just so damn satisfying for me.

Girls rule!

:thewave:

Originally posted by Sir Evil
D, what do you think about a woman photographer? I have seen some quite good ones, and since you seem to enjoy this field I was curious as to how you see them in this light!

What do I think? I don't. What I read in his thread is the frustration of every white-christian male in today's society. My white brothers get jacked - I mean...seriously. I got a college loan, why? Cuz I'm black. My wife got promoted why? Cuz she's a chick. I'm serious when I say there are ideas and issues used for Minorities and Females when, applied to the common male cracker become labelled as bad.

In principle, I agree with the 1st post. That means "While the thoughts don't universally apply, there are situations where it DOES."

I'd bet there are some statistics which could serve as evidence to support the claims to. It wouldn't take Allen Colmes to see that, equally qualified with an average, or less-than-average chick, a HOT chick will tend to get MORE jobs...Money...whatever. I remember reading where Management positions are more often populated by people ABOVE the average Height. Same could prolly be used w/ looks.

In sitcoms, and on commercials I see white, straight men - fathers sometimes, portrayed as goofy, or incapable, while poor working-Mom has to come to the rescue. I see a bumbling stay-at-home dad (Tony Danza notwithstanding) struggling with kids and chores, only to have Mom come home and set him straight.

I don't have specific examples to share, just thinking back to what I believe I have noted.

:)

For the record, I LOVE women. :) And have loved a few too!

why are women inferior therefore to compete against them makes me inferior?

whats fun about doing all the hard shit while the lazy incompetent women sit on their asses doing the easy stuff because "they are delicate women".unless the common cause is getting laid.

whats fun about doing all the hard shit while the lazy incompetent women sit on their asses doing the easy stuff because "they are delicate women".unless the common cause is getting laid.

I work for a Retired Army Colonel. I'd bet dollars to donuts she could whoop your AND my collective arses in MOST tasks.

My wife isn't delicate...she builds things...Furniture...from WOOD. My wife although perhaps with less overall strength than I, shot an 8lbs 11oz PERSON out of her VAGINA. Hell, I cry when I have a 1lb shit which won't come out.

:-/

I know plenty of Lazy people...Plenty of useless people. If a person falls into either of those categories, it's nothing to do with Gender.

But...you know what they say...women have HALF the money, and ALL the...hmmm...'Vitamin P'. ;)

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Ok D, Let me rephrase it! if you were applying for a photographers position alongside a woman and her portfoilio is actually better then yours, what's your impression if she get's the job?

I don't do impressions...but if she is a better photographer what would I have to bitch about? I don't know where you are going here.

Originally posted by dmp
What do I think? I don't. What I read in his thread is the frustration of every white-christian male in today's society. My white brothers get jacked - I mean...seriously. I got a college loan, why? Cuz I'm black. My wife got promoted why? Cuz she's a chick. I'm serious when I say there are ideas and issues used for Minorities and Females when, applied to the common male cracker become labelled as bad.

In principle, I agree with the 1st post. That means "While the thoughts don't universally apply, there are situations where it DOES."

I'd bet there are some statistics which could serve as evidence to support the claims to. It wouldn't take Allen Colmes to see that, equally qualified with an average, or less-than-average chick, a HOT chick will tend to get MORE jobs...Money...whatever. I remember reading where Management positions are more often populated by people ABOVE the average Height. Same could prolly be used w/ looks.

In sitcoms, and on commercials I see white, straight men - fathers sometimes, portrayed as goofy, or incapable, while poor working-Mom has to come to the rescue. I see a bumbling stay-at-home dad (Tony Danza notwithstanding) struggling with kids and chores, only to have Mom come home and set him straight.

I don't have specific examples to share, just thinking back to what I believe I have noted.

:)

For the record, I LOVE women. :) And have loved a few too!
No offense, but in my opinion you could not have truly loved women. For if you did, you would not say what you just said. The fact is and has been that women are living in a world in which what they have contributed is undervalued. Does it not serve humanity that women stayed home, tended to the house and raised the children? Of course it does. And whom do you think enabled all these explorers and artists and military leaders? Hello, their wives/mothers.

Although it takes two to have a child and both men and women to create civilization, somehow, the female contribution is not regarded as valuable- nonsense I say. Men who go out and earn the living and the women who create the home are equally as valuable for without one, the other ceases to exist.

I don't believe in giving women jobs they are neither qualified for nor have earned. Equality is about allowing the individual to decide which side of the equation they wish to participate and allowing them access to opportunity.

I won't say that there are no females who've taken advantage of the past inequalities- there may well be. However, that does not excuse or give life to the ridiculous stereotypes that were prevelant in the first post in this thread. Nor, I might add, does the fact that discrimination against women exists make all men worthless dogs.

Everyone bears the responsibility for the digression in the progress of men/women and everyone will have to be part of the solution.

Originally posted by Moi
No offense, but in my opinion you could not have truly loved women. For if you did, you would not say what you just said. The fact is and has been that women are living in a world in which what they have contributed is undervalued. Does it not serve humanity that women stayed home, tended to the house and raised the children? Of course it does. And whom do you think enabled all these explorers and artists and military leaders? Hello, their wives/mothers.

Although it takes two to have a child and both men and women to create civilization, somehow, the female contribution is not regarded as valuable- nonsense I say. Men who go out and earn the living and the women who create the home are equally as valuable for without one, the other ceases to exist.

I don't believe in giving women jobs they are neither qualified for nor have earned. Equality is about allowing the individual to decide which side of the equation they wish to participate and allowing them access to opportunity.

I won't say that there are no females who've taken advantage of the past inequalities- there may well be. However, that does not excuse or give life to the ridiculous stereotypes that were prevelant in the first post in this thread. Nor, I might add, does the fact that discrimination against women exists make all men worthless dogs.

Everyone bears the responsibility for the digression in the progress of men/women and everyone will have to be part of the solution.

Are you not reading my post?? What did I say which shows i didn't or haven't loved women? Is this thing on? Buehler?? Testing?

Like begets like. You are an inferior specimen and have attracted an inferior specimen in return.

You deserve her.

Originally posted by dmp
I work for a Retired Army Colonel. I'd bet dollars to donuts she could whoop your AND my collective arses in MOST tasks.

My wife isn't delicate...she builds things...Furniture...from WOOD. My wife although perhaps with less overall strength than I, shot an 8lbs 11oz PERSON out of her VAGINA. Hell, I cry when I have a 1lb shit which won't come out.

:-/

I know plenty of Lazy people...Plenty of useless people. If a person falls into either of those categories, it's nothing to do with Gender.

But...you know what they say...women have HALF the money, and ALL the...hmmm...'Vitamin P'. ;)

i'm former airborne myself and can bench 270 (how many women can bench more than half that and in all actuallity 270 is not that much).i work in aircraft and everywhere i go the best sheetmetal mechanics are always men (alot are asian men) and the worst tend to be women.maybe its just human resources is not hiring the right women but it seems to be a trend.

i'm former airborne myself and can bench 270 (how many women can bench more than half that and in all actuallity 270 is not that much).i work in aircraft and everywhere i go the best sheetmetal mechanics are always men (alot are asian men) and the worst tend to be women.maybe its just human resources is not hiring the right women but it seems to be a trend.

How much do you weigh?

235 5'10

I knew a girl in high school who weighed in about 145lbs...I saw her squat 550lbs. She could bench 225.

(shrug).

Originally posted by dmp
I knew a girl in high school who weighed in about 145lbs...I saw her squat 550lbs. She could bench 225.

(shrug).

i said it was not that much(for a guy).i know 2 other guys in my department that weigh less than me and bench over 300.

Originally posted by dmp
Are you not reading my post?? What did I say which shows i didn't or haven't loved women? Is this thing on? Buehler?? Testing?
Sarcasm aside, were your second and third paragraphs quotes from others? If so, I didn't see the citation.

If not, they were your original thoughts. And in that regard, they were ridiculous and offensive to any female with brains and talent.

I understand that it is frustrating to see men being portrayed as comical, but it's nothing compared to the way women are portrayed- gee, we're either dowdy housewives, sluts or ugly successful women or women who've slept their way to the top.

I fail to see how that's not insulting to every woman you've ever known. No one with a bit of respect for women (necessary for "love" to actually exist) would pidgeon-hole them as such.

For the record, I'm not "hot", didn't sleep my way to the top, am not homely, ain't a lazy housewife - so where does that leave me? One in a million who made it though on brains and talent and hard work?

i said it was not that much(for a guy).i know 2 other guys in my department that weigh less than me and bench over 300.

Right...but my point, which you missed is:

It's about power to weight. Think of my Miata as a Girl. My miata has about 125hp. Not much. But it can outrun cars with twice the power on a race track because it's light.

It's not about 'how much ya bench' in so much as it's about 'how much, compared to your weight, can you bench' :)

Forum List

Back