American Women

Originally posted by cptpwichita
some girls(bullshit!)

read and weep my friend! :finger3:

In the final event Friday, the 165-pound weight class, Rachel Hearn lifted a total of 489.5 pounds, 5 more than Biliksu Musa of Nigeria. That moved the U.S. team ahead of Nigeria and guaranteed the Americans will participate in Athens next year.

FEMALE weightlifters

Originally posted by Moi
Sarcasm aside, were your second and third paragraphs quotes from others? If so, I didn't see the citation.

If not, they were your original thoughts. And in that regard, they were ridiculous and offensive to any female with brains and talent.

I understand that it is frustrating to see men being portrayed as comical, but it's nothing compared to the way women are portrayed- gee, we're either dowdy housewives, sluts or ugly successful women or women who've slept their way to the top.

I fail to see how that's not insulting to every woman you've ever known. No one with a bit of respect for women (necessary for "love" to actually exist) would pidgeon-hole them as such.

For the record, I'm not "hot", didn't sleep my way to the top, am not homely, ain't a lazy housewife - so where does that leave me? One in a million who made it though on brains and talent and hard work?

THESE paragraphs??
In principle, I agree with the 1st post. That means "While the thoughts don't universally apply, there are situations where it DOES."

Go back and read what he wrote...in the text which started this thread.

I'd bet there are some statistics which could serve as evidence to support the claims to. It wouldn't take Allen Colmes to see that, equally qualified with an average, or less-than-average chick, a HOT chick will tend to get MORE jobs...Money...whatever. I remember reading where Management positions are more often populated by people ABOVE the average Height. Same could prolly be used w/ looks.

are you saying that it's NOT true that if two people are EQUALLY qualified, the person who is better looking is LESS likely to get the job? How is that offensive to anyone? Maybe you are confusing MY post w/ others...cuz wowo...it's as if you are thinking I made claims that "every woman who stays home is ugly"... READ what I wrote, without being pissed off - it's fairly benign. Maybe you are skimming, and missing some of the text? I dunno.

Originally posted by Sir Evil
Here comes the pissing contest! who really cares! the bottom line is that we should see woman as equals when it comes to job opportunities! If you cant, this is were a inferiority complex would come in!

thats why men through history have been so successful-we are competitive.we hate to lose and will do almost anything to succeed.so let the pissing contest proceed!

Originally posted by janeeng
read and weep my friend! :finger3:

In the final event Friday, the 165-pound weight class, Rachel Hearn lifted a total of 489.5 pounds, 5 more than Biliksu Musa of Nigeria. That moved the U.S. team ahead of Nigeria and guaranteed the Americans will participate in Athens next year.

FEMALE weightlifters

so what did the men in the 165 lb weight class lift?

thats why men through history have been so successful-we are competitive.we hate to lose and will do almost anything to succeed.so let the pissing contest proceed!

*IMMATURE Men... ;)

Grown-up Men know when to choose their battles...they know when what they feel doesn't add up w/ reality. They aren't afraid to adjust how they feel/think when faced with reason.

;)

If the shoe fits...

so what did the men in the 165 lb weight class lift?

I don't really care, you gave a bullshit to Sir Evil's post, so I basically gave it back with FACTS!!!!!!!!!!! at even a higher lifting than what he said!

Originally posted by janeeng
I don't really care, you gave a bullshit to Sir Evil's post, so I basically gave it back with FACTS!!!!!!!!!!! at even a higher lifting than what he said!

so women are just as strong as men huh?

Never said all women, but there are some women that are stronger than SOME men!!!!!

Originally posted by dmp
THESE paragraphs??

Go back and read what he wrote...in the text which started this thread.

are you saying that it's NOT true that if two people are EQUALLY qualified, the person who is better looking is LESS likely to get the job? How is that offensive to anyone? Maybe you are confusing MY post w/ others...cuz wowo...it's as if you are thinking I made claims that "every woman who stays home is ugly"... READ what I wrote, without being pissed off - it's fairly benign. Maybe you are skimming, and missing some of the text? I dunno.
As I said, if you are quoting someone your quotation marks failed to appear. The words in the post I quoted seemed to be yours. If you were just parroting someone else I apologize and my comments should have been directed toward their author.

I reread the post and still cannot distinguish where you weren't the author.

Well, if being able to bench press large metalic objects were the only determinant of strength, no.

Luckily, strength of a person is not defined by that.

I dare you to have a child. I dare you to put up with high heels, sexist comments, having to work full time and also be responsible for 75% of the household duties too.

In fact, I dare you to walk one mile in my shoes and then tell me what strength is.

I doubt you'd last a block, much less a mile.

Originally posted by Moi
As I said, if you are quoting someone your quotation marks failed to appear. The words in the post I quoted seemed to be yours. If you were just parroting someone else I apologize and my comments should have been directed toward their author.

I reread the post and still cannot distinguish where you weren't the author.

I said those things - but for the life of me it's like you aren't even reading them. It's WAYYYYYYYYY beyond me how anyone could interpret what I've said as being anti-women. wow. ESPECIALLY the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs. There is NOTHING...zero...zilch in them which remotely puts women down. The 2nd paragraph talks about how it's common for white-straight-guys on TV to be portrayed as 'bumbling'...the 3rd paragraph poses questions about beauty - and it's affects in the workplace...

Originally posted by Moi
Well, if being able to bench press large metalic objects were the only determinant of strength, no.

Luckily, strength of a person is not defined by that.

I dare you to have a child. I dare you to put up with high heels, sexist comments, having to work full time and also be responsible for 75% of the household duties too.

In fact, I dare you to walk one mile in my shoes and then tell me what strength is.

I doubt you'd last a block, much less a mile.

HE probably wouldn't...But give men SOME credit. You are coming across like the exact opposite of this guy - saying Men are INcapable of handling what you claim to handle. I'd wager it has more to do w/ internal/mental strength than biology. :)

I've delivered a child. While I haven't had the pleasure of wearing High-heels, that I will admit to, I have worked full time...been responsible for 100% of the income...50% of the household duties...For a brief period. :)

It sucked. :-D

ive been debating whether I want to say something on this thread. May as well.

First, I dont think men rule the world. I mean think about it. if men ruled the world would manners have been invented? If men ruled the world why on earth would we have so much silverware? Wed have a swiss army knife. thats it. And if men ruled the world we would get sex any time we felt like it.

With that said, Men may be the head, But as a famous movie pointed out, the woman is the neck and turns the head wherever it wasnt it to go.

With that said there are differences between men and women. biologically we are different and thus capable for different things. men were built to be providers and woman to be nuturers and perpetuators of the human race. as for intelligence, Ive heard it said that men and women both have intelligence on a bell curve. the female bell curve is more narrow. So while that gives the men some of the smartest people in existance, IE Einstien, Hawkins, Newton etc. It also gives us some of the dumbest people in the world. Any professional football team for example (ok cheap shot)

The point is we are not all given the same gifts in life. it seems silly to expect us to all be the same. And if giving equal rights to women means they have to be drafted, then im going to oppose it because Its bad enough that men have to be drafted from time to time, I wouldnt want women anywhere near the carnage. While that may make me sexist, its part of nature, as I am a protector.

The fact is that women are proving themselves to be strong competitors outside the home and doing it successfully. On top of this accomplishment they are also taking care of their homes and families.
We should just all give the credit where the credit is due and stop worrying about our egos and who does what better!

This is the stupidest f**kin thread I've read on this board.

It seems UNHOLY is a little perturbed that his mommy took him off the tit too early.

I think Moi and the other ladies (and some men..) have done better voicing my opinion than I would have.

One thing I will add, however, is I work a full-time job and am a single parent of a toddler child. As far as "milking the man for every cent he makes", you're god damned skippy I am. ANY man that helps make a child has the responsibility to help support that child. My entire paycheck goes to providing a house for my daughter, electricity to run her television, food to be put in her mouth, clothes on her back, etc. A father can contribute to that same cause. If you dont want the responsibility to help pay for a child, then fuckin pull out. Which is something I am beginning to think your father should have done.

:fu2:

Originally posted by dmp
I said those things - but for the life of me it's like you aren't even reading them. It's WAYYYYYYYYY beyond me how anyone could interpret what I've said as being anti-women. wow. ESPECIALLY the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs. There is NOTHING...zero...zilch in them which remotely puts women down. The 2nd paragraph talks about how it's common for white-straight-guys on TV to be portrayed as 'bumbling'...the 3rd paragraph poses questions about beauty - and it's affects in the workplace...
Then I will make this rather simple.

Paragraph 2 from your post:

In principle, I agree with the 1st post. That means "While the thoughts don't universally apply, there are situations where it DOES."

By giving credence to anything this poster said and agreeing that it is true in any circumstance, you've offended women. Your failure to see that is striking.

Paragraph 3 from your post:

I'd bet there are some statistics which could serve as evidence to support the claims to. It wouldn't take Allen Colmes to see that, equally qualified with an average, or less-than-average chick, a HOT chick will tend to get MORE jobs...Money...whatever. I remember reading where Management positions are more often populated by people ABOVE the average Height. Same could prolly be used w/ looks.

I take exception with the very categorization of women as chicks or hot. The simple fact that you chose those words (again, if you are quoting someone else, please make it clear) offends women. Not to mention that in the first sentence of that paragraph you've again said you believed there was evidence to support the original poster's claims.

I understand that you did not mean to be offensive. It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that women are offended by being called a chick or for people to portray them as either hot or not. To actually measure whether hot ones get better jobs or more money.

How are we supposed to interpret the words on the page when someone starts agreeing that there is any truth to the stupidity spelled out in the first poster's post?

Originally posted by Moi
By giving credence to anything this poster said and agreeing that it is true in any circumstance, you've offended women. Your failure to see that is striking.

Ahh..so because your emotions were so affected, you refuse to even try to see ANYTHING in what he wrote...I see.

I haven't offended women...I've offended YOU.

You are upset at his post.
I Didn't jump on the crussify-him bandwagon
By default, you are offended at ME.

Whatever.

Originally posted by Moi

Paragraph 3 from your post:
I take exception with the very categorization of women as chicks or hot. The simple fact that you chose those words (again, if you are quoting someone else, please make it clear) offends women.

Offending "You" does not equate to "women". Women who get offended at being labelled "hot" have 'other' issues, from my experience. Learn to take a compliment. My wife calls me a dude...I call her a chick. Oh - she must not count, or be enlightened right?

Where's that 'vomit' smilie?

Originally posted by Moi
Not to mention that in the first sentence of that paragraph you've again said you believed there was evidence to support the original poster's claims.

EVIDENCE...There is EVIDENCE That Kobe Bryant Raped a woman. Doesn't mean he DID. Am I Concluding he did simply be acknowledging the existance of 'evidence'?

Unplug the emotions for a few minutes..

Originally posted by Moi
I understand that you did not mean to be offensive. It shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone that women are offended by being called a chick or for people to portray them as either hot or not. To actually measure whether hot ones get better jobs or more money.

How are we supposed to interpret the words on the page when someone starts agreeing that there is any truth to the stupidity spelled out in the first poster's post?

I had HOPED the majority of people who read this forum:

A) Not be too politically correct; so much as to take offense at albeit sophmoric labels of relative beauty
B) Pull any sticks out of their respective arses long enough to look at both sides of an issue.
C) Not be arrogant enough to assume they speak for their entire Gender
D) I don't really have a 'D', I just hate having a list w/ only 3 lines.

See this smilie?

darin.gif

A friend of mine, Nick Chaves made this, and named it :darin: because I used (shrug) a lot. (shrug) represents an attitude of relaxation mixed with some indifference. I use that smilie now...to portray myself as feeling both of those at this very moment.

For people LOOKING or WANTING to be offended, it's easy for them to rationalize their over-reaction.

darin.gif

Originally posted by dmp
HE probably wouldn't...But give men SOME credit. You are coming across like the exact opposite of this guy - saying Men are INcapable of handling what you claim to handle. I'd wager it has more to do w/ internal/mental strength than biology. :)

I've delivered a child. While I haven't had the pleasure of wearing High-heels, that I will admit to, I have worked full time...been responsible for 100% of the income...50% of the household duties...For a brief period. :)

It sucked. :-D
I am different in the fact that I don't believe women are any better than men just because their talents lie in differnt things than brute force strength. I did not say that men were incapable of handling what I have- I said that he was incapable as a person. My whole point was that internal strength is more important.

I don't think the poster, to whom I directed my writing-not all men in general, could walk a mile in my shoes because I think he is incapable of doing so. Not because I'm a woman and he's a man but because he fails to see that every person has something to offer and should be valued for that alone.

Talent and being valuable aren't tied just to male oriented strengths. There's something to be said for being articulate, compassionate, strong, diligent, intuitive...they are all worthy traits.

The difference between us is that I value other's contributions- including the men that created my country - it's just that I also value the women's contributions equally.

Forum List

Back