America Founded as a Christian Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
AMERICA WAS FOUNDED AS A CHRISTIAN NATION IV

In this summation of the founding of America as a Christian nation, we've been looking at the United States Supreme Court Justices. We covered the Chief Justices that the founders / framers appointed and now I'm starting with some of those that Washington appointed. The first one, William Cushing provides a counter balance to Jefferson, who was just one founder. According to Wikipedia about Cushing:

" He generally held a nationalist view typically in line with the views of the Federalist Party, and often disagreed with Thomas Jefferson's Democratic-Republicans."

William Cushing - Wikipedia

I found little about Cushing save of this in a very brief look into his background:

"American jurist who was the first appointee to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Cushing graduated from Harvard in 1751"

William Cushing | United States jurist

Harvard was founded as a Christian college. According to Wikipedia:

"The early motto of Harvard was Veritas Christo et Ecclesiae, meaning "Truth for Christ and the Church". In the early classes, half the graduates became ministers (though by the 1760s the proportion was down to 15%) and ten of Harvard's first twelve presidents were ministers. Systematic theological instruction was inaugurated in 1721 and by 1827 Harvard became a nucleus of theological teaching in New England"

History of Harvard University - Wikipedia

Safe to say Cushing was influenced by Christianity.

James Wilson, another Washington Supreme Court appointee:

"He changed his practicing religion from Presbyterian to Episcopalian"and in 1779 became the advocate general for France in America.

James Wilson | The Society of the Descendants of the Signers of the Declaration of Independence

Although John Blair received a Christian education, his grand uncle being the founder of William and Mary College, Blair was a Freemason, so score one for the "Deists."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Blair_Jr.

As we make this journey, we aren't so much concerned as to who was what so much as we are concerned with the final product. What did America become?

AMERICA WAS FOUNDED AS A CHRISTIAN NATION V

I'm still working to show WHO the founders / framers nominated to the United States Supreme Court. And very quickly, picking back up with Washington, who unfortunately was a Freemason (so not very objective on some spiritual matters), he nonetheless nominated James Iredell who is described as:

"The grandson of a clergyman, he was a devout Anglican throughout his life and his writings display an interest in spirituality and metaphysics beyond a simple attachment to organized religion."

James Iredell - Wikipedia

Thomas Johnson was only on the job 163 days so that is insignificant.

William Paterson, another Washington appointee said:

Religion and morality...{are} necessary to good government, good order, and good laws.” (Maeva Marcus. The Documentary History of the Supreme Court of the United States 1789-1800. New York: Columbia University Press. 1988. Vol III pg 436)
Secondary Source: http://camphillchurch.org/publication_files/the-coping-christian---pt-4.pdf

Samuel Chase (the last of Washington's Supreme Court Justices) was born April 17, 1741, the son of Anglican clergyman Rev. Thomas Chase, and was home-schooled till age 18.

... he founded a Maryland chapter of the Sons of Liberty to protest The Stamp Act of 1765 and the British Government's usurpation of citizen's rights. He was also a signer of the Declaration of Independence.

Justice Samuel Chase rendered the court's decision in the Maryland Supreme Court case of Runkel v. Winemiller, 1799:

7603550c-b847-444f-bbb1-a9245f4269be.png

" Religion is of general and public concern, and on its support depend, in great measure, the peace and good order of government, the safety and happiness of the people.

By our form of government, the Christian religion is the established religion;

and all sects and denominations of Christians are placed upon the same equal footing, and are equally entitled to protection in their religious liberty
."

Supreme Court Justice Samuel Chase, 1799, "the Christian religion is the established religion, and all sects and denominations of Christians are placed upon the same equal footing..."

So, Maryland was officially declared Christian - seems the states were not quite familiar with that so - called "separation of church and state" at the STATE level.

Ant that was Washington's court nominees. Let's look at another president's nominees in my next installment.

AMERICA WAS FOUNDED AS A CHRISTIAN NATION VI

The sad part of having to keep repeating this is that the troll and his sockpuppets have not responded to the OP one single time. This is not about what they think America is today; it's not about a USA Theorcacy or their delusions of a secular nation... AMERICA WAS FOUNDED AS A CHRISTIAN NATION.

Let us continue on:

Alfred Moore was one of Jefferson's picks on the United States Supreme Court.

"Moore is noted for having written just one opinion for the Court during his term of service:"

Alfred Moore - Wikipedia

The rest of the Justices and their religious affiliation is located at:

Religion of the Supreme Court

The most notable of the United States Supreme Court Justices that were close to the founders / framers was Joseph Story. Story was what legends are made of. He was nominated to the Court by President Madison.

"His father was Dr. Elisha Story, a member of the Sons of Liberty who took part in the Boston Tea Party in 1773

He graduated from Harvard ( A Christian college) in 1798, second in his class behind William Ellery Channing; he noted that his graduation was with "many bitter tears

...In November 15, 1811, at the age of 32 years, 58 days, Story became—and, as of 2019 remains—the youngest person nominated to serve on the U.S. Supreme Court
."

Joseph Story - Wikipedia

The note I end this portion of the thread is a quote from one of Story's rulings:

" Christianity...is not to be maliciously and openly reviled and blasphemed against, to the annoyance of believers or the injury of the public....

It is unnecessary for us, however, to consider the establishment of a school or college, for the propagation of...Deism, or any other form of infidelity.

Such a case is not to be presumed to exist in a Christian country
..."
Vidal v. Girard's Executors, 1844

Imagine a Supreme Court Justice like THIS! -Justice Joseph Story "The real object of the FIRST AMENDMENT was not to...advance Mohammedanism...or infidelity, by prostrating Christianity, but to..."

It seems that I keep finding cases to dismantle the liberals arguments with

AMERICA WAS FOUNDED AS A CHRISTIAN NATION VII

The more the troll posts, the more I will challenge his world view. I do not read his posts, so he can pound sand while we talk about ONE subject... America was founded as a Christian Nation.

We've looked at the basic documents that established the United States of America: the Declaration of Independence, the 1783 Treaty of Paris (which ended the American Revolutionary War), and the Constitution. We've seen that these documents were connected to Christianity - mostly that the signatories acknowledged a Christian God.

We've witnessed the legal opinions of most of the jurists during the earliest years of the Republic. No president (except Thomas Jefferson) ever nominated a Supreme Court Justice of which they disagreed with across the board. Now, we move to the laws. Instead of reinventing the wheel, I like citing the Holy Trinity case in which the United States Supreme Court said:

"But, beyond all these matters, no purpose of action against religion can be imputed to any legislation, state or national, because this is a religious people. This is historically true. From the discovery of this continent to the present hour, there is a single voice making this affirmation. The commission to Christopher Columbus, prior to his sail westward, is from 'Ferdinand and Isabella, by the grace of God, king and queen of Castile,' etc., and recites that 'it is hoped that by God's assistance some of the continents and islands in the ocean will be discovered,' etc.

...Coming nearer to the present time, the declaration of independence recognizes the presence of the Divine in human affairs in these words: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that thet are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.' 'We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare,' etc.; 'And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.

...If we examine the constitutions of the various states, we find in them a constant recognition of religious obligations. Every constitution of every one of the 44 states contains language which, either directly or by clear implication, recognizes a profound reverence for religion, and an assumption that its influence in all human affairs is essential to the well-being of the community.

...Even the constitution of the United States, which is supposed to have little touch upon the private life of the individual, contains in the first amendment a declaration common to the constitutions of all the states, as follows: 'Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' etc.,—and also provides in article 1, § 7, (a provision common to many constitutions,) that the executive shall have 10 days (Sundays excepted) within which to determine whether he will approve or veto a bill.

There is no dissonance in these declarations. There is a universal language pervading them all, having one meaning. They affirm and reaffirm that this is a religious nation. These are not individual sayings, declarations of private persons. They are organic utterances. They speak the voice of the entire people.

...These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation
." Holy Trinity v. United States, 143 U.S.457 (1892)

RECTOR, ETC., OF HOLY TRINITY CHURCH v. UNITED STATES. | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

Between all those ellipsis in my quotes lies an abundance of proof of our Christian heritage. In the First Amendment Congress had no need to establish a religion. The people of the several states (44 of them at the time) had accepted biblical principles for the basis of how they conducted their lives. All that the federal government did, according to the judges who weighed in on the question, was to put all denominations on an equal footing. As Samuel Chase ruled in 1799 in Runkel v. Winemiller:

" Religion is of general and public concern, and on its support depend, in great measure, the peace and good order of government, the safety and happiness of the people.

By our form of government, the Christian religion is the established religion;

and all sects and denominations of Christians are placed upon the same equal footing, and are equally entitled to protection in their religious liberty
." Runkel vs. Winemiller, et. al. 4 H. & McH. 429 (1799)

https://cite.case.law/h-mch/4/429/

Samuel Chase was nominated to the United States Supreme Court by George Washington and he served from 1796 to 1811. He was one of the most influential jurists in American history.

AMERICA WAS FOUNDED AS A CHRISTIAN NATION VIII

I believe that every person has a Right to their own opinions, but no man has a Right to wrong in his facts. The facts that we've produced thus far is that the founders / framers did, in fact, make Christianity a part of our culture and ethnic identity. By the adoption of the common law we made Christianity a part of our legal system.

The facts are that the founders / framers should have known what they were saying and doing. Today we have court rulings to rely on in the interpretation of what the laws was WHEN AMERICA WAS FOUNDED. That is not to be confused with what happened later on. The topic of this thread is America was founded as a Christian nation and nothing less, nothing more. The efforts by our resident troll, posting under various board names, cannot negate the facts. I'm not presenting my opinions until I've made the requisite points that the first 1000 posts necessitated.

Critics will try to seize upon the weaknesses of human beings and according to a study done in 2011:

"Americans change religious affiliation early and often. In total, about half of American adults have changed religious affiliation at least once during their lives. Most people who change their religion leave their childhood faith before age 24, and many of those who change religion do so more than once."

Faith in Flux

Many of the founders / framers changed their beliefs several times during this period they call "the Enlightenment." Still, they remained loyal to their roots. Thomas Jefferson took an oath with a "firm reliance on Divine Protection" which I demonstrated is consistent with a Christian God and the language used as such by many ministers of Jefferson's time. Then we have the United States Supreme Court noting the accuracy of that observation. That is pretty compelling evidence.

Jefferson worked on the state constitution of Virginia which, in the end contained the following language:

"SEC. 16. That religion, or the duty which we owe to our Creator, and the manner of discharging it, can be directed only by reason and conviction, not by force or violence; and therefore all men are equally entitled to the free exercise of religion, according to the dictates of conscience; and that it is the mutual duty of all to practice Christian forbearance, love, and charity towards each other."

Constitution of Virginia, 1776

If Jefferson did not believe in it, why in the Hell did he help write it? And, as governor, he had to take an oath that contains the phrase "So help me God."

Founders Online: 98. A Bill Prescribing the Oath of Fidelity, and the Oaths of …

So, in 1776 he has a firm reliance on Divine Providence AND urges all his fellow Virginians to practice "Christian forbearance" (sic.) And he takes oath saying "So help me God" AND he is willing to buy a Bible for anyone who cannot afford to. He may have spent a lot of his life mad at organized religion and denouncing the pet tenets of the day, but he was always conflicted and always doing a lot of soul searching. It's unfortunate that the secularists, theists, deists, and atheists cannot accept that.

Then there was Benjamin Franklin, the man who signed the 1783 Treaty of Paris acknowledging the Divinity. He was the smartest American that ever lived. Franklin was the man who said America would "ultimately be ruled by tyrants or ruled by God."

Franklin, like Washington and a few others, was influenced by Freemasonry. Freemasonry is connected to the Illuminati. In my twenties, I was both a Christian AND an officer in a satellite organization with ties to these groups. So, I can relate to the confusion and it caused me to be all over the map at different points in my life. At the end of the day, what matters is what the final product was.

AMERICA WAS FOUNDED AS A CHRISTIAN NATION IX

In this latest series of posts, the only matter we have not covered is to eliminate the bogus arguments the left, especially atheists, have tried to use in order to deny that America was founded as a Christian nation. In the course of this thread this series presents nothing new, but gives us a chance to put the objections into one place.

One atheist site I visited was quick to point to the Treaty of Tripoli as proof that America was not a Christian nation. One more time, let us address this hilarious diversion from the truth. In 1796, the United States Senate entered into a treaty with Tripoli

"The 1797 Treaty of Tripoli was one of several negotiated with during the “Barbary Powers War,” a war against Muslim terrorists that began toward the end of the Revolutionary War and continued through the Presidencies of George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, and James Madison. 1 During America’s original “War on Terror,” five Muslim countries (Tunis, Morocco, Algiers, Tripoli, and Turkey) were making indiscriminate terrorist attacks against what they claimed to be five “Christian” nations (England, France, Spain, Denmark, and the United States). The conflict so escalated that in 1801, Tripoli formally declared war against the United States, 2 thus constituting America’s first official war as an established independent nation."

Treaty of Tripoli - WallBuilders

In that treaty some otherwise damning language was used which stated:

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen (Muslims); and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan (Mohammedan) nation..(Article 11)."

There are some things to note here:

1) There is a lot of dispute as to whether or not Article 11 is even in the original document presented to the Muslims in Arabic

2) According to Wikipedia:

"A prominent member of Adams' cabinet, Secretary of War James McHenry, claimed that he protested the language of Article 11 before its ratification. He wrote to Secretary of the Treasury Oliver Wolcott, Jr., September 26, 1800: "The Senate, my good friend, and I said so at the time, ought never to have ratified the treaty alluded to, with the declaration that 'the government of the United States, is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.' What else is it founded on? This act always appeared to me like trampling upon the cross. I do not recollect that Barlow was even reprimanded for this outrage upon the government and religion." (This objection may have been the reason that Article 11 is not in the Arabic version, but that is irrelevant)

"The treaty was broken in 1801 by the Pasha of Tripoli over President Thomas Jefferson's refusal to submit to the Pasha's demands for increased payments."

Consequently another treaty was issued making the Treaty of Tripoli moot. It is NOT law regardless of its meaning. However, WHY that wording was there in the first place is our next issue

3) Quoting Wikipedia again:

"According to Frank Lambert, Professor of History at Purdue University, the assurances in Article 11 were "intended to allay the fears of the Muslim state by insisting that religion would not govern how the treaty was interpreted and enforced."

Treaty of Tripoli - Wikipedia

So, the Treaty of Tripoli was not a statute; it had created no legal obligations on the part of the citizenry toward government NOR any obligation of the government toward the citizenry. In short, it did not establish that America was Christian or not...

4) In a best case scenario, even IF such a claim could be made, it was nullified by two events:

A) the treaty was rescinded and
B) the United States Supreme Court would weigh in on whether or not we are a Christian nation. There are NO treaties in effect that contradict the United States Supreme Court on this point. AND, the United States Supreme Court is the final arbiter of what the law is. Google Marbury v. Madison if you have doubts. So, what the United States Supreme Court ruled became law:

"But, beyond all these matters, no purpose of action against religion can be imputed to any legislation, state or national, because this is a religious people. This is historically true. From the discovery of this continent to the present hour, there is a single voice making this affirmation.

Coming nearer to the present time, the declaration of independence recognizes the presence of the Divine in human affairs in these words: 'We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that thet are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness.' 'We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare,' etc.; 'And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the Protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes, and our sacred Honor.'

If we examine the constitutions of the various states, we find in them a constant recognition of religious obligations. Every constitution of every one of the 44 states contains language which, either directly or by clear implication, recognizes a profound reverence for religion, and an assumption that its influence in all human affairs is essential

...These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation
." Holy Trinity v. United States, 143 U.S.457 (1892)

RECTOR, ETC., OF HOLY TRINITY CHURCH v. UNITED STATES. | US Law | LII / Legal Information Institute

I cannot stress the importance of every person reading this to access and read that case in its entirety. An 1892 opinion of the United States Supreme Court trumps a rescinded treaty 10 times out of 10 times. Ask your attorney which bears the greatest legal weight.

AMERICA WAS FOUNDED AS A CHRISTIAN NATION X

This entire thread was derailed when one anti-Christ zealot seized upon a quote I relied on that inserted a single word, but it did not change the meaning of the sentence. And so, today, we get to discuss the troll's very favorite subject. He feels like if he had could keep the charade going about Thomas Jefferson, he has "won" something. But, this is about perspective.

Our resident troll hates, loathes, and despises white Christians. Oh, how the atheists pretending to be Americans would love to be right. But they are not.

Thomas Jefferson was one man. He was NOT THE FOUNDING FATHERS. He was a conflicted man and historians have decided to put their labels on them. I can put a few labels on him as well: He was a conflicted sinner and a reprobate that wanted to do the right thing, but had a hard time knowing what the right thing was. His religious views changed over time. For example:

Thomas Jefferson signed the Declaration of Independence "with a firm reliance on Divine Providence" which is a pledge that acknowledges a Christian God proven in posts I, II, and VII of this series of postings. In that same year, Jefferson signed on to help draft the constitution of the state of Virginia which included the following language:

"SEC. 16. That religion, or the duty which we owe to our Creator, and the manner of discharging it, can be directed only by reason and conviction, not by force or violence; and therefore all men are equally entitled to the free exercise of religion, according to the dictates of conscience; and that it is the mutual duty of all to practice Christian forbearance, love, and charity towards each other."

Constitution of Virginia, 1776

As governor of Virginia, Jefferson had to take an oath of office that included the words "so help me God."

Founders Online: 98. A Bill Prescribing the Oath of Fidelity, and the Oaths of …

Jefferson was accused of being many things and the claims seemed to bother him, but one account puts it this way:

"Jefferson read broadly on the topic, including studying different religions, and while he often claimed that religion was a private matter “between Man & his God,” he frequently discussed religion

...Jefferson’s views on an afterlife developed over time, and historians disagree on what he believed in this regard

...As he aged, Jefferson spoke passionately about the prospect of meeting loved ones in heaven

Jefferson identified himself as a Christian:

“I am a Christian,”

Jefferson's Religious Beliefs | Thomas Jefferson's Monticello

NOBODY can say with 100 percent accuracy what Jefferson was or was not at any given moment. Our troll remains convinced that he and he alone can judge what Jefferson was throughout 100 percent of his life. But, the facts remain: Jefferson signed legal documents and took oaths acknowledging a Christian God. He used his own money to make sure that anyone who did not own a Bible would have one. He signed onto the state constitution if Virginia (a government document) stating that we have a "mutual duty of all to practice Christian forbearance."

In 1776 Jefferson aligned himself with Christians for their support. He was just another man, a sinner at best. BTW, it is not unusual for God to use even evil men to achieve a Godly end. See this as an example:

https://www.intouch.org/read/magazine/margin-notes/when-god-uses-evil-for-good

In any event, Jefferson presented himself in 1776 as one of the boys and THAT is indisputable. He went through the motions. Whether Jefferson was a Christian OR the most evil son of a bitch his detractors accused him of being is irrelevant. He is ONE MAN, not all the founding fathers. You draw your own conclusions. I apologize for the asshole that posted in front of my next post. His comments are irrelevant and, hopefully, you can read past that and see my last posting.

Last edited:
Muslims are basically divided into two groups, Shiites and Sunni.
They both consider themselves Muslim, but they also consider the other side to be blasphemous.

this is the same thing that’s happening to Christianity in this country. On one side you have traditional Christians who believe in helping the poor and helping the sick and following Jesus words.

then on the other side you have the Donald Trump followers who still call themselves Christian but are the opposite of everything that traditional Christianity stands for.

EO6rXRCWkAAWHf_

AMERICA WAS FOUNDED AS A CHRISTIAN NATION XI

In discounting who was what, I won't belabor the point about Benjamin Franklin. He was a sinner and a Freemason, but he too signed legal documents acknowledging a Christian God. We've discussed it in this series of posts. And we can move on.

The government of the United States did not decide that we are a Christian nation. The people did. Had any of my critics read this thread, they would have seen something in post # 1. Since they won't point it out (Hell, they won't even read the link), I'd like to quote it:

"...in regard of the more near bond of marriage between Him and us, wherein He hath taken us to be His, after a most strict and peculiar manner, which will make Him the more jealous of our love and obedience. So He tells the people of Israel, you only have I known of all the families of the earth, therefore will I punish you for your transgressions.

...We are entered into covenant with Him for this work. We have taken out a commission. The Lord hath given us leave to draw our own articles. We have professed to enterprise these and those accounts, upon these and those ends. We have hereupon besought Him of favor and blessing
."

https://www.casa-arts.org/cms/lib/PA01925203/Centricity/Domain/50/A Model of Christian Charity.pdf

There was only ONE people who ever had a near bond of marriage with the Lord; there was only ONE people that entered into a covenant with the Lord for a special commission. Only ONE people could be those who led the building of that shining city on a Hill.

We know from the previous posts in this series that the Muslims considered us a Christian nation. Our history is Christian. When the framers passed the first Naturalization Law, it was limited to free white persons. When the Muslim world looked at the white man, they saw Christians. We look upon the people from a certain part of the world and see Muslims. They know that they are Ismaelites and they know their history. We're being separated from ours.

That does not mean it is not our history nor that we have no destiny. It means that the mixed multitude, jealous of what America can accomplish wants to destroy that shining city on a hill and make us like the rest of the third world.

ALL of us have sinned. Our ancestors did bad things at one time or another. It didn't take a month and half before the people were worshiping a golden calf when Moses went to receive the Ten Commandments. ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of God. But, in the end, America has a destiny. And we are under attack.

Our people have become scumbags. Even in our churches, they preach doctrines that are inconsistent with our destiny. How we can justify following whoremongers like Donald Trump baffles me beyond words. We compromise with evil people. Our politicians negotiate and compromise - even sell our our unalienable Rights. We've traded our birthright for less than a bowl of soup (which is what Esau traded his birthright off for.) We've allowed the enemies of our culture, religion and race to take down our flags, monuments, memorials, and statues, and even the names of streets and buildings if those dare mention the leaders who helped build this Republic.

That which was good is now evil and evil has become good. This thread had a direction. It was intended to open a door. Well, I've opened that door. It begs to answer a lot of questions. Do YOU have the courage to now leave this thread and ask those questions? Do you want to know what all this excitement was REALLY about?

I now leave my thread in the hands of the troll who wants so desperately to vie for my attention, but will not get it. I will only return to point out where to find these posts. God Bless.

AMERICA WAS FOUNDED AS A CHRISTIAN NATION XII

It would have been nice to have been able to end my thread unbroken by others who hated it when I made this series of posts easy. They will sit all week and not post until I do. Then it becomes a competition.

This work has been hard and arduous. Let me say this:

The era of the Christian Patriot is gone until America goes through the next cycle of history. We are in bondage. I've been in a lot of churches. There are basically those who HATE anyone that does not come to America by some so - called "legal" process. They will give America away provided it's done "legally." I don't even understand what that fight is about.

The other "Christians" adopted pagan practices and want the mixed multitude too. They just want it at the expense of any person that might wake up and ask uncomfortable questions... like, where did my Liberties go? How come the LGBTQP community, LEOs and foreigners get special "rights" to which I'm not getting?

What happened to the Constitution? How did America end up with an agenda 180 degrees opposite of what the founders intended? Who are these Edomite kings and their henchmen running America? How come today's clergy is not advocating resistance to tyranny and evil, but rather adopting it under the banner of love and tolerance?

Who are these mindless idiots pushing the agenda of Democrats, but thinking they are acting on behalf of Jesus himself? Why have they made a god of Donald Trump? Are we THAT desperate to find one good man that champions and understands the real reason America ended up being a Christian nation? We're living in blindness and the above poster who screwed up this series of posts doesn't see the other side (though much, not all of what he says is true) ????

How about the fact that the traditional family unit is being attacked by the left - and our resident troll was actually happy as a pig in slop by such?

That last troll left out the part where the left is committing a subtle war of genocide via political propaganda.

What about the assaults against some churches who do not subscribe to the left's tenets of faith? They tell us of a separation of church and state, then tax us for not upholding humanist principles. WTH???

The left attacks our Right to keep and bear Arms? Even Jesus told his apostles to hock their robe if they had to in order to purchase and carry a sword.

Do the politicians on the left lie any less than those on the right? Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, and Adam Schiff are some of the most dishonest politicians that ever lived. Trump was friends with Bloomberg and the Clintons. Now they pretend to be mortal enemies, but Trump has the right sounding like Clinton did in 1995.

We're bass ackwards and upside down. Nobody has the courage to look at the facts and ask why. Neither side has the courage or desire to proclaim Liberty and get over the Nanny State of the left and the POLICE STATE of the right. America was founded as a Christian nation. Once the posterity of the founders and framers figure that out, maybe, just maybe they will question what is really going on.

MY CONTRIBUTION TO THE OP IS THE FIRST TWO POSTS AND POSTS 1298 - 1310 (MINUS A TROLL POST IN BETWEEN)

#1313 reply to #1307
This entire thread was derailed when one anti-Christ zealot seized upon a quote I relied on that inserted a single word, but it did not change the meaning of the sentence.

I am a Christian like Jefferson who believed that Jesus was not the Son of God. Not the CHRIST.

The Jefferson misquote Porter Rockwell cited substitutes the two words “different from” with the word “Christ

Truth: Jefferson says he is “a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus, very different from the Platonists, who call me infidel and themselves Christians....”

Lie: Jefferson says he is “a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus Christ from the Platonists, who call me infidel and and themselves Christians....”

Any one can see that ”Christ” in place of “different from “ does not make sense at all.

That is an egregious example of distorting a quote to mean exactly the opposite of what the writer intended.

To Charles Thomson Monticello, January 9, 1816. I am a real Christian, that is to say, a disciple of the doctrines of Jesus, very different from the Platonists, who call me infidel and themselvesChristians and preachers of the gospel, while they draw all their characteristic dogmas from what its author never said nor saw. They have compounded from the heathen mysteries a system beyond the comprehension of man,

Inserting “Christ” where “different from” belongs in a sentence - does not change the meaning????

My God , How can Porter Rockwell expect anyone to believe that besides Correll?????

Last edited:
MY CONTRIBUTION TO THE OP IS THE FIRST TWO POSTS AND POSTS 1298 - 1310 (MINUS A TROLL POST IN BETWEEN)

NOTFOOLEDBYW IS STILL LYING AND OMITS THE OTHER POSTERS HE'S CALLED LIAR, MORONS AND FOOLS. Shall I begin posting again?

ONLY A PATHOLOGICAL LIAR WOULD DENY THAT JEFFERSON TOOK OATHS AND SIGNED LEGAL PAPERS ACKNOWLEDGING A CHRISTIAN GOD. IS THIS DUMBASS SO STUPID HE DOES NOT UNDERSTAND THAT JEFFERSON CHANGED HIS BELIEFS SEVERAL TIMES? IS THE TROLL REALLY THAT FREAKING STUPID???

Hey dumbass, quit polishing Jefferson's knob. He is not all the founding fathers... he was one man. He was a sinner and ran off at the mouth a lot like you do.

This lying motherfucker keeps saying I changed a Jefferson quote. He is a LIAR.

Last edited:
ACKNOWLEDGING THE TROLL 11 Feb 2020 Update (not counting the counter posts opposing the troll for many days. His own posts testify against him)

aka anynameyouwish, Breezewood and the regular troll - all one true and everliving TROLL.

I made no such claims. NONE OF NOTFOOLEDBYW'S CRITICISMS REFLECT MY VIEWS; NOTHING HE SAYS IS TRUE This list of NOTFOOLEDBYW updated today and an addendum follows in the next post...

NOTFOOLEDBYW - YOU ARE A FILTHY LIAR. SEE THE UPDATES THAT PROVE SAME. Bolded for everyone's convenience

NOTFOOLEDBYW'S FINAL RESPONSE

This thread is now
1158 posts long as I begin this response. Of those, NOTFOOLEDBYW has made a total of 213 posts. They are posts # 78, 80, 111, 113, 118, 126, 140, 154, 157, 158, 159, 162, 172, 174, 179, 189, 192, 195, 196, 197, 203, 204, 205, 212, 220, 224, 225, 232, 233, 234, 235, 240, 240, 241, 242, 243, 246, 247, 254, 255, 256, 267, 279, 280, 285, 290, 296, 297, 302, 307, 309, 318, 321, 328, 330, 335, 339, 340, 341, 345, 347, 350, 350, 351, 352, 367, 370, 373, 381, 393, 394, 399, 401, 404, 411, 412, 413, 420, 421, 425, 426, 429, 430, 431, 432, 468, 485, 500, 504, 508, 512, 516, 519, 525, 527, 537, 539, 541, 546, 549, 551, 554, 557, 559, 561, 563, 565, 566, 569, 570, 574, 577, 581, 582, 587, 589, 606, 607, 610, 626, 630, 636, 642, 644, 646, 684, 688, 699, 700, 703, 704, 707, 708, 709, 715, 716, 718, 724, 725, 730, 740, 744, 746, 747, 750, 753, 754, 755, 761, 762, 769, 774, 782, 7998, 800, ... that is 155 posts out of 805, 807, 812, 824, 827, 830, 831, 832, 844, 847, 860, 872, 899, 904,913, 929, 936, 943, 946, 951, 965, 973, 986, 999, 1011, 1018,1033, 1037, 1039, 1040, 1047, 1049, 1052, 1063, 1074, 1076, 1079, 1080, 1083, 1090, 1096, 1097, 1108, 1111, 1124, 1132, 1140, 1146, 1147, 1152, 1153, 1154

In virtually every post NOTFOOLEDBYW has insulted posters, called them liars, misrepresented people, and NOBODY has defended his positions.

By contrast, NOTFOOLEDBYW has been challenged by numerous posters to whom NOTFOOLEDBYW has called liars, fools, morons, and accused them of all manner of wrongdoing. Those posters responded a total of 137 times in posts: #120, 130, 134, 167, 169,174, 176, 175, 176, 180, 185, 206, 207, 250, 282, 299, 346, 346, 354, 396, 397, 403, 405, 406, 407, 414, 415, 416, 424, 427, 428, 433, 434, 438, 439, 440, 445, 446, 447, 448, 450, 451, 452, 453, 454, 455, 456, 457, 458, 460, 461, 464, 465, 466, 467, 469, 470, 472, 474, 476, 483, 484, 490, 491, 492, 493, 494, 496, 497, 498, 499, 501, 502, 517, 518, 521, 526, 528, 531, 558, 562, 564, 567, 568, 571, 573, 576, 578, 579, 588, 591, 593, 594, 595, 596, 598, 599, 600, 603, 608, 612, 613, 615, 618, 627, 628, 629, 633, 645, 648, 653, 658, 665, 668, 698, 701, 705, 706, 711, 722, 723, 726, 751, 764, 765, 779, 834, 837, 839, 954, 971, 974, 976, 1002, 1016, 1019 - and I have not recorded the people who have disagreed with him past this point

I have been obliged to respond to NOTFOOLEDBYW more than 100 times personally. There are roughly 500 posts that have revolved around this one poster. TO DATE NOBODY IS SUPPORTING HIS CRAP AND HE'S EVEN SUNK SO LOW AS TO HAVE SOCKPUPPET ACCOUNTS.

One poster or another has successfully defeated each and every argument he brings to the table. He is now remaining, claiming I lied about Thomas Jefferson - as if that would change the balance of this discussion. Here is my position:

1) When other posters began discussing this as a conversation rather than a point by point, let's prove everything, I got conversational. I quoted Thomas Jefferson from an unnamed source in an online general conversation.

I really do not want to restart any conversations with THIS idiot about Thomas Jefferson and my quote. But, I cut and pasted the quote as I found it on the Internet:

http://peace2you.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Faith-of-Founding-Fathers1.pdf

If you look a few quotes down, you can see where I got it from. When that troll made a big deal out of my inadvertent faux pas of leaving out the link, I looked up the book from where the quote was obtained and put it in post #552. I DIDN'T LIE AND NOTFOOLEDBYW IS A ROTTEN, FILTHY, STINKING, LIAR. ALL of his posts were responded to honestly and openly. Check his posts... he's quoting me and it's there.

2) NOTFOOLEDBYW seized upon that accusing me of posting a lie; even claiming that I edited my source. I did not. I did, however, look at where my source got their material and I quoted where it could be found. I did not lie

3) Regardless of how that material reads, the bottom line is Thomas Jefferson said he was a Christian and I took him at his word as his early life indicates such. Jefferson states, and it was quoted on this thread, that his life experiences changed his outlook. Nothing has changed what Jefferson said at that point in his life

4) Regardless of how many times founders did or said one thing or another, I look at the bottom line and if over half the posts here are either one man arguing against those points compared to the scores of posts disagreeing with him, there is no point to prove. If this matters to you and you want to wade through who said what, you have each post - minus my own (which is unnecessary since all those people who agreed with me either quoted the relevant parts and / or the post itself. My point here is I did not lie and every time that troll posts, I will simply cut and paste this response (that took some hours to research just for him.)

If he still wants to call me a liar, he can do it to my face. Otherwise, he has been successfully defeated by other posters to the point that nothing I have to say would be relevant anyway. IF there are any other points to be addressed, I will be happy to entertain them, just not by the resident troll. The dumb ass needs to read. This post refutes his account of what happened.. I know because I'm the one who did it. I copied and pasted the fucking quote as it appeared and no amount of political jockeying will change that. It's over dumbass

WATCH FOR IT... HERE COMES UP ONE OF THE TROLL'S ALTER EGOS IN A MOMENT

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back