Zone1 Richard Dawkins calls himself a "Cultural Christian"

Do any other atheists here agree with Dawkins?

Basically, he is scared to death of Islam and prefers Christianity to Islam.

Is he correct in his concerns?
I'm no fan of ISIS and other Islamic fundamentalists but none of the Muslims I know concern me in the slightest.

I'm no fan of ISIS and other Islamic fundamentalists but none of the Muslims I know concern me in the slightest.
I know nice Muslims as well

However, the world of Islam refuses to divorce politics from religion. Due to Sharia law, the two are one in the same.

As a result, they become just as oppressive as the Catholic model of theocracy was in times past, with their Inquisitions, Jewish persecution, and Crusades.

The Christian world learned their lesson long ago about the evils of theocracy, that is, combining the politics of man as the will of God, especially since the two do not go together in the least. However, Islam can never separate them.

Is it any wonder then that the world of Islam has picked up the Jewish persecution mantle?

Living in an Islamic country where they throw gays off roof tops and forbid women to drive, etc., is a whole different animal compared to having an Islamic neighbor. Dawkins understands this, and so should you.

I know nice Muslims as well

However, the world of Islam refuses to divorce politics from religion. Due to Sharia law, the two are one in the same.

As a result, they become just as oppressive as the Catholic model of theocracy was in times past, with their Inquisitions, Jewish persecution, and Crusades.

The Christian world learned their lesson long ago about the evils of theocracy, that is, combining the politics of man as the will of God, especially since the two do not go together in the least. However, Islam can never separate them.

Is it any wonder then that the world of Islam has picked up the Jewish persecution mantle?

Living in an Islamic country where they throw gays off roof tops and forbid women to drive, etc., is a whole different animal compared to having an Islamic neighbor. Dawkins understands this, and so should you.
There is old adage that says we judge ourselves by our best actions and judge others by their worst actions. I think that applies here. Gays have historically been very poorly treated in the West but I don't think Christianity was the cause. The excuse maybe, but not the cause. There are a billion Muslim people and their Islam differs as much as Christianity differs.

Do any other atheists here agree with Dawkins?

Basically, he is scared to death of Islam and prefers Christianity to Islam.

Is he correct in his concerns?
He is a fool and he has come to realize it.
Why did the most famous female atheist (former Muslim too at one time) become Christian ???
She said this maybe 15 years ago WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN :)

Dawkins is a very stupid man, I could show it easily but I would be reported. It took him decades to understand the utter foolishness of what Aayan Hirsi Ali saw immediately as an atheist, the moral equivalance argument is WRONG WRONG WRONG

“My observation is yes, Christianity is different from Islam…The worst thing that a Christian has ever said to me, the rudest thing that a Christian has ever said to me, the thing that made me most uncomfortable that a Christian said to me was ‘I’m going to pray for you. I hope you will be safe. I hope you will be redeemed.’ But within my own family and my own community, when I say I’m in doubt about the Koran and Muhammad and life after death and all that, it is ‘well, you are to die.’ So I just want to point out the differences between the religions…What makes me angry is the moral equivalence.”

Last edited:

Forum List

Back