Ad Blocker issues on this site

Yup, I have Google Chrome Adblock Plus. When I go to tools and then to extensions, it is turned off, and I have to reset it. It's not like it's difficult to turn it back on, but I'm just wondering why this would happen?
Wrong AdBlock Plus, that's your problem. You want simply AdBlock Plus or uBlock.

That is what people keep saying, but I've had it for years and have never had an issue until just the past couple of weeks and only at this site.
That should tell you something..........

It tells me that my ad blocker is sometimes being deactivated on this site. I am wondering why that would happen?
You miss the point, I use Adblock Plus with some browsers and uBlock with others, no embedded site switch (possibly malware) that can turn either one off.

Well, I can't think of a reason why it would work fine everywhere else but not here.

Wrong AdBlock Plus, that's your problem. You want simply AdBlock Plus or uBlock.

That is what people keep saying, but I've had it for years and have never had an issue until just the past couple of weeks and only at this site.

It tells me that my ad blocker is sometimes being deactivated on this site. I am wondering why that would happen?
You miss the point, I use Adblock Plus with some browsers and uBlock with others, no embedded site switch (possibly malware) that can turn either one off.

Well, I can't think of a reason why it would work fine everywhere else but not here.
I just gave you a possible reason it's being shut off on this site........ It has some kind of "switch" that allows this site (or some malware/adware on this site) to shut it off.

I just gave you a possible reason it's being shut off on this site........ It has some kind of "switch" that allows this site (or some malware/adware on this site) to shut it off.

I've read about that. Worth checking into the options..

You think? I wonder how that happens when the whole point of an ad blocker program would be to prevent those very things!

I never use an ad blocker here. I revel in all the wonderfully exciting informational ads. :laughing0301:

I hate the ads. They slow down your navigation so much.

Switch to the Brave browser. I used to use FF with adblock plus and ghostery, but Brave is much better.

I've tried a couple of other browsers, but they don't have the same bells and whistles that Chrome has. As far as features, Chrome seems to the best that I've used in my personal opinion, although some people seem to hate Chrome.

You think? I wonder how that happens when the whole point of an ad blocker program would be to prevent those very things!
Well it's obviously not working with your adblocker of choice, duh....... That should tell you something......... :eusa_whistle:

I never use an ad blocker here. I revel in all the wonderfully exciting informational ads. :laughing0301:

I hate the ads. They slow down your navigation so much.

Switch to the Brave browser. I used to use FF with adblock plus and ghostery, but Brave is much better.

I've tried a couple of other browsers, but they don't have the same bells and whistles that Chrome has. As far as features, Chrome seems to the best that I've used in my personal opinion, although some people seem to hate Chrome.

You couldn't pay me to use Chrome. Google is not trustworthy.

Well it's obviously not working with your adblocker of choice, duh....... That should tell you something......... :eusa_whistle:

Only occasionally. Like I said, it works everywhere but here, and it usually works here too. Only occasionally, I will notice that my ad blocker has been deactivated. I don't want to lose all the Chrome features if I could prevent that from happening. I prefer to use Chrome because of all the features. You see? :) I want to try to get to the bottom of this issue and KEEP Chrome.

How would I go about getting in touch with the powers that be at Google about this issue? I've never had to get in touch with them over an issue before. Is there a way to do that, I wonder?

How would I go about getting in touch with the powers that be at Google about this issue? I've never had to get in touch with them over an issue before. Is there a way to do that, I wonder?

Good luck with that. Considering how GOOG's entire business model involves spamming people with Ads, I'm sure they will dedicate a support person's time to helping you customize Chrome to avoid ads.

Only occasionally. Like I said, it works everywhere but here, and it usually works here too. Only occasionally, I will notice that my ad blocker has been deactivated. I don't want to lose all the Chrome features if I could prevent that from happening. I prefer to use Chrome because of all the features. You see? :) I want to try to get to the bottom of this issue and KEEP Chrome.
Since when did you have to abandon Chrome simply to change the adblocker? :eusa_eh:

Good luck with that. Considering how GOOG's entire business model involves spamming people with Ads, I'm sure they will dedicate a support person's time to helping you customize Chrome to avoid ads.

Well, I figure if their ad blocker is not working as advertised, then they would probably want to fix it or else nobody will be wanting to use it.

Since when did you have to abandon Chrome simply to change the adblocker? :eusa_eh:

I want to keep my Chrome ad blocker. I've really liked it up until the last couple of weeks.

I want to keep my Chrome ad blocker. I've really liked it up until the last couple of weeks.
Good for you......... I always keep defective add-ons just because I like them........ Not!!!

The point is if whatever it is is able to switch off your adblocker then it's also possible there's a security hole in your browser because of it. You want to take that chance then be my guest..........

Good for you......... I always keep defective add-ons just because I like them........ Not!!!

The point is if whatever it is is able to switch off your adblocker then it's also possible there's a security hole in your browser because of it. You want to take that chance then be my guest..........

Looks like Chris signed up for that new plug-in, "Ad Blocker Blocker".

It's kind of like the anti-missile missile, only more internetty.

I like the google chrome ad blocker and I would like to keep it. I am just wondering why it would do that. No reason to get upset about it.
No one is getting upset, just attempting to explain the computer facts of life. Heck, I love Windows but Windows 10 finally drove me to Linux and back to Win 7 on my gaming machine, things change, we adapt or we don't. All I'm saying is you have a potential security risk with your adblocker of choice, ya might want to consider changing.

Forum List

Back