Ad Blocker issues on this site

ChrisL

Diamond Member
Jul 24, 2014
Wherever the wild things are!!
A few times now when I've been on this site, I've noticed that I suddenly have ads on my page, and I look in the right hand corner of my screen to see that my ad blocker icon is no longer there. So then I have to go to my tools and reload the extension. It is almost as if my ad blocker is being disabled on this site. It hasn't happened on any other site that I've visited. I don't know what is going on with it, but it just happened again. It was there and working, and then suddenly it wasn't there anymore and I had to reload it. WTH?

I never use an ad blocker here. I revel in all the wonderfully exciting informational ads. :laughing0301:

I've never had my AdBlock turn itself off. Maybe you should dump it and reinstall.

I never use an ad blocker here. I revel in all the wonderfully exciting informational ads. :laughing0301:

I hate the ads. They slow down your navigation so much.

Do you use AdBLock plus? I never have an issue.

Yup, I have Google Chrome Adblock Plus. When I go to tools and then to extensions, it is turned off, and I have to reset it. It's not like it's difficult to turn it back on, but I'm just wondering why this would happen?

Yup, I have Google Chrome Adblock Plus. When I go to tools and then to extensions, it is turned off, and I have to reset it. It's not like it's difficult to turn it back on, but I'm just wondering why this would happen?

I bet it's Google. I use Firefox and don't have any issues.

Google don't like you blocking their ads and cookies. :1peleas: :eusa_naughty:

It's called the "Philly Special". :D

Google don't like you blocking their ads and cookies. :1peleas: :eusa_naughty:

Maybe it happens if I visit certain sites or something, like in links that are posted here sometimes? I don't know. It's pretty weird though. :dunno:

If Duck Duck Go had a reverse image search option, I would use them more often, but I like to search images that people post. A lot of times people post false images, claiming them to be one thing when they are something else.

Me too. Avoiding Google is a wise choice.

I've been using Google Chrome since . . . I can't remember when, and I've never had issues with them before.

I've been using Google Chrome since . . . I can't remember when, and I've never had issues with them before.

Your file at Google must be quite thick.

I'll tell you one thing, whenever I visit a link and it tells me to turn off my ad blocker, I don't do it. I will either decline or just not read it. I hate seeing ads all over a page and sometimes right smack in the middle of an article you are reading! Annoying! :rolleyes:

Your file at Google must be quite thick.

If they are leftists, they probably really hate me by now. Lol. It's sabotage, I tell ya! :lol:

oops! Youtube probably hates me too. :p

A few times now when I've been on this site, I've noticed that I suddenly have ads on my page, and I look in the right hand corner of my screen to see that my ad blocker icon is no longer there. So then I have to go to my tools and reload the extension. It is almost as if my ad blocker is being disabled on this site. It hasn't happened on any other site that I've visited. I don't know what is going on with it, but it just happened again. It was there and working, and then suddenly it wasn't there anymore and I had to reload it. WTH?
Ad blocker on USMB?

I’d miss out on all those opportunities to meet Russian women

Forum List

Back