Posting pics....

I can no longer post pics from smugmug by simply copying and pasting to a post and I've seen a bunch more pics that haven't posted.
Any ideas?

That happened to me, quite a while ago. I'd get an error message that never explained what the error was.

My workaround was to upload pics I wanted to use to "My Gallery". Then I open the one I want, right-click the image for "Copy Image Location" and take that link to post in the thread. It works. And it actually works better, since I can post an image instead of an attachment.

I dunno how it is for other people but I never see anybody's attachments. I just see "Attach 12345..." I have to turn off my ad blocker to get them to show up, which is too much work.

Maybe they stopped allowing hotlinking??

You can save pics to your computer and load them in here. (UPLOAD FILE)

About 50% of GIfs don't show up anymore. :(

It's bad enough Google tries to hide the good ones n stuff, now this!

I haven't noticed any problems finding or posting gifs or pics, but I have noticed that there are a lot more that don't show up anymore on this site. I don't know if that is something to do with this site or the site where the pics are originating or something else. Could be a number of reasons why the pictures aren't showing up.

I haven't noticed any problems finding or posting gifs or pics, but I have noticed that there are a lot more that don't show up anymore on this site. I don't know if that is something to do with this site or the site where the pics are originating or something else. Could be a number of reasons why the pictures aren't showing up.

Any time a pic doesn't show up for me I can make it appear by turning off my ad blocker. But turning it off and back on and back off and back on all the time gets tedious. If most posted images were worth the trouble I might do it but usually they ain't.

Besides, if posters can't make a point without dredging up a Googly Image that's probably made-up crapola, then they don't have a point to begin with so I don't miss 'em.

The top pic I copied and pasted off the internet.
The bottom is from smugmug.

Boxer-Puppy.jpg

i-RpkTCqs-L.jpg

Forum List

Back