Youtube is Targeting me with Anti-gun Group Fundraising Ads

Seymour Flops

Diamond Member
Nov 25, 2021
Texas
Let me say for the sake of full disclosure, that the ads being fundraisers is an assumption on my part. I've never watched one to the end, when I assume that the pitch will come.

The group is called "Sandy Hook Promise," and the ad I keep seeing features the father of one of the victims introducing himself, and - again I assume this part - going on to advocate for some kind of gun ban, and to ask for money.

I watch two basic types of Youtube vids:

1) Political oriented ads such as a six minute clip of Senator Marsha Blackburn excoriating HHS Secretary Becerra about his abusive neglect of unaccompanied minors placed under the care of his agency. I also watch longer videos, such as the trial of Flatback Fani, and a Georgia Senate testimony of the lawyer that exposed her affair with her tax-funded gigalo.

2) Ads related to my latest hobby, often a hobby that I first took interest in by watching Youtube vids about it.

The political ads would indicate to any algorythm worth its salt, that I am either conservative or libertarian. So, not likely to be giving to anti-gun activists, no matter how heart-wrenching the group's ad producers make their spots.

Is Youtube taking it upon themselves to not only try to change my opinion, but also to take expensive "air" time purchased by the group? That seems condescending to me and very dishonest to Sandy Hook Promise.

Any other non-Democrats seeing this on Youtube? What I'm seeing is very specific to this one group. I see no other liberal ideas, and in fact, I rarely see a non-Sandy Hook Promise ad.

Maybe it could be that this group has asked for that kind of targeting?

Let me say for the sake of full disclosure, that the ads being fundraisers is an assumption on my part. I've never watched one to the end, when I assume that the pitch will come.

The group is called "Sandy Hook Promise," and the ad I keep seeing features the father of one of the victims introducing himself, and - again I assume this part - going on to advocate for some kind of gun ban, and to ask for money.

1) Political oriented ads such as a six minute clip of Senator Marsha Blackburn excoriating HHS Secretary Becerra about his abusive neglect of unaccompanied minors placed under the care of his agency. I also watch longer videos, such as the trial of Flatback Fani, and a Georgia Senate testimony of the lawyer that exposed her affair with her tax-funded gigalo.

2) Ads related to my latest hobby, often a hobby that I first took interest in by watching Youtube vids about it.

The political ads would indicate to any algorythm worth its salt, that I am either conservative or libertarian. So, not likely to be giving to anti-gun activists, no matter how heart-wrenching the group's ad producers make their spots.

Is Youtube taking it upon themselves to not only try to change my opinion, but also to take expensive "air" time purchased by the group? That seems condescending to me and very dishonest to Sandy Hook Promise.

Any other non-Democrats seeing this on Youtube? What I'm seeing is very specific to this one group. I see no other liberal ideas, and in fact, I rarely see a non-Sandy Hook Promise ad.

I've seen the sandy hook ad several times but blank it within several seconds.

You have to sign out of Google and clear your cookies. Then maybe change your IP once.

It's not good to stay signed into Google unless you're using their services, and always delete cookies after

you sign out.

Toughen up, bub!

What ya gonna do when SHTFF??

commies mccarthy 149.jpg

Forum List

Back