Ad Blocker issues on this site

So far, so good. I turned ad blocker back on and it is still working. I will go click on a link and see what happens.

Good luck! :113:

iu

Last edited:
I was just reading a thread and then went to click onto the main page of the forum, and my ad blocker just stopped working. Suddenly there was an ad at the top of my page and my ad blocker icon is gone. WTH is going on with that? It's starting to really piss me off!

I was just reading a thread and then went to click onto the main page of the forum, and my ad blocker just stopped working. Suddenly there was an ad at the top of my page and my ad blocker icon is gone. WTH is going on with that? It's starting to really piss me off!

Did you uninstall the plug-in and reinstall it?

Because that shouldn't happen.

I HAVE to keep reinstalling it. It keeps disappearing me on me, so I have to go into my extensions to ad blocker and and then reinstall it.

I HAVE to keep reinstalling it. It keeps disappearing me on me, so I have to go into my extensions to ad blocker and and then reinstall it.

OH -- when you say it "disappears" you don't just mean it "turns off"? It deinstalls altogether? :eek:

That must be a browser issue. Maybe you need to uninstall/reinstall (or update) yer browser....

There's also much to be said for what we call "impact maintenance". You get a large hammer.....

OH -- when you say it "disappears" you don't just mean it "turns off"? It deinstalls altogether? :eek:

That must be a browser issue. Maybe you need to uninstall/reinstall (or update) yer browser....

There's also much to be said for what we call "impact maintenance". You get a large hammer.....

Yes, that is exactly what is happening. You can see your ad blocker icon on the top right corner of your screen. Mine will be completely gone. No more ad blocker icon, no more ad blocker. I literally have to reinstall it each time this happens.

I never use an ad blocker here. I revel in all the wonderfully exciting informational ads. :laughing0301:

I hate the ads. They slow down your navigation so much.

Do you use AdBLock plus? I never have an issue.

Yup, I have Google Chrome Adblock Plus. When I go to tools and then to extensions, it is turned off, and I have to reset it. It's not like it's difficult to turn it back on, but I'm just wondering why this would happen?
Wrong AdBlock Plus, that's your problem. You want simply AdBlock Plus or uBlock.

I never use an ad blocker here. I revel in all the wonderfully exciting informational ads. :laughing0301:

Yup, I have Google Chrome Adblock Plus. When I go to tools and then to extensions, it is turned off, and I have to reset it. It's not like it's difficult to turn it back on, but I'm just wondering why this would happen?
Wrong AdBlock Plus, that's your problem. You want simply AdBlock Plus or uBlock.

That is what people keep saying, but I've had it for years and have never had an issue until just the past couple of weeks and only at this site.

That is what people keep saying, but I've had it for years and have never had an issue until just the past couple of weeks and only at this site.

Google is bad. Their browser is bad. Their OS is bad.

Sign into Google on a cell phone and try to sign out. ;)

It's not as if this is something new that I just installed. I've been using it for probably at least 5 years now.

So install an older version. :D

One that worked good.

You may want to save your passwords and bookmarks n stuff.

That should tell you something..........

It's not as if this is something new that I just installed. I've been using it for probably at least 5 years now.

So install an older version. :D

One that worked good.

You may want to save your passwords and bookmarks n stuff.

It works fine everywhere except here though. Besides that, I would like to know WHY.

It tells me that my ad blocker is sometimes being deactivated on this site. I am wondering why that would happen?

It tells me that my ad blocker is sometimes being deactivated on this site. I am wondering why that would happen?
You miss the point, I use Adblock Plus with some browsers and uBlock with others, no embedded site switch (possibly malware) that can turn either one off.

Forum List

Back