28% of Republicans support Same Sex Marriage

Most people couldn't give two shit's less about Gay marriage nor do they care about a person being gay who gives a shit............What people are getting hostile about is gay's getting in peoples faces about being gay or gay's wanting some extra right because they are gay.

A great deal of resistance would go away if a large number of these flaming freaks simply shut their mouths and lived their lives like everyone else.

It seems that most people of deep faith [man shall not lay with man as he does a woman] are republican. So when you poll them on such things, they are going to default to what the bible says.

Most of these people are neo-con progs that want bigger or more government controls.

*sigh*

If the GOP could squeeze them out, I'd consider rejoining the party. But churches have deep, deep pockets, soooo.

Yeah that's why I haven't gotten behind the Tea Party, too many religous overtones, I'm looking for more of an inclusive fiscally conservative message.

When I left the GOP, I searched around for a new 3rd party to join. I was over joyed to come across "The Constitution Party"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothin but a bunch of bible thumpers.

I was about an inch away from joining the Libertarian Party.

Then Bob Barr happened.

That pretty much killed any chance of me ever joining that party.

Why is RW'er so obsessed with fags?

I really don't know..

I have no close friends or family members who are homosexuals. In my dealings with homosexuals, I have found them to be decent, caring individuals who seem to want the same things from life that the rest of us do.

I look at marriage as a lifelong commitment between two people. If heterosexual commitments are recognized and encouraged by our society, then homosexual ones should have equal recognition and incentives. It just seems fair

It seems "fair", but it isn't. Being fair is not being right. This is the problem with the lefty mind. When you micromanage society and attempt to make everything "fair", you are going to force other citizens to accept your making things "fair". Who in the hell do you people think you are?

Yeah that's why I haven't gotten behind the Tea Party, too many religous overtones, I'm looking for more of an inclusive fiscally conservative message.

When I left the GOP, I searched around for a new 3rd party to join. I was over joyed to come across "The Constitution Party"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothin but a bunch of bible thumpers.

I was about an inch away from joining the Libertarian Party.

Then Bob Barr happened.

That pretty much killed any chance of me ever joining that party.

Well heres the man with the message. You can get in on the ground floor of this grass roots movement.

The Rent Is Too Damn High Party

Marriage should not be a legal institution and should merely be a symbolic ceremony of a couple's love for each other . Gay, Straight, with a horse, whatever.

people against gay marriage are going to loose to the youth vote. So all it really is a matter of time. That 72% of the GOP wont matter anymore. We are already at 53% nationally approving of it. Its over.

Most people vote thier pocket books.

The GOP never had the gay vote, so this will change nothing.

Obama will have to make history as the 2nd Pres to get re-elected with 8% or more UE rating.

I really don't know..

I have no close friends or family members who are homosexuals. In my dealings with homosexuals, I have found them to be decent, caring individuals who seem to want the same things from life that the rest of us do.

I look at marriage as a lifelong commitment between two people. If heterosexual commitments are recognized and encouraged by our society, then homosexual ones should have equal recognition and incentives. It just seems fair

It seems "fair", but it isn't. Being fair is not being right. This is the problem with the lefty mind. When you micromanage society and attempt to make everything "fair", you are going to force other citizens to accept your making things "fair". Who in the hell do you people think you are?

Is the 14th Amendment fair?

Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

people against gay marriage are going to loose to the youth vote. So all it really is a matter of time. That 72% of the GOP wont matter anymore. We are already at 53% nationally approving of it. Its over.

Obama will have to make history as the 2nd Pres to get re-elected with 8% or more UE rating.

Who was the first?

How did he make out?

Who was the first?

How did he make out?

FDR

He kept us in the Great Depression, but WW2 saved him.

But he increased DoD spending during war, while obama making some cuts. [sorta. The increase in spending is not as much as planned]

I really don't know..

What real damage will happen once same sex marriage is legal and accepted throughout the land? Will you have to change your way of life? Will you have to get divorced or re-married? Will you have to pay for any of this?

It's just a matter of making the process of contract law available to all American citizens. Quit your bitching!

Marriage should not be a legal institution and should merely be a symbolic ceremony of a couple's love for each other . Gay, Straight, with a horse, whatever.
Marriage is a legally binding contract. It creates a whole new legal entity. That's why you have to have a marriage license.

Marriage can be SANCTIFIED by a church. But it is authorized by the state.

Marriage is a legally binding contract. It creates a whole new legal entity. That's why you have to have a marriage license.

If we got rid of income taxes, the legal registration wouldn't be needed anymore.

Poor thing. You can't marry your butt buddy.

it's a little early to be hitting the mad dog isn't it?

:eusa_shhh:

I didn't slur my words. Nothing wrong with being gay. Is there?

no, there isn't it. i live in mass, if i wanted to marry someone of my sex, i could.

there's something a little fucked up about reading what i wrote and concluding i want to marry my butt buddy.

i guess it's permanent brain damage rather than temporary impairment due to alcohol use.

my apologies.

Most people couldn't give two shit's less about Gay marriage nor do they care about a person being gay who gives a shit............What people are getting hostile about is gay's getting in peoples faces about being gay or gay's wanting some extra right because they are gay.

A great deal of resistance would go away if a large number of these flaming freaks simply shut their mouths and lived their lives like everyone else.

yeah, your post drips with tolerance and understanding

:lol::lol::lol:

it's a little early to be hitting the mad dog isn't it?

:eusa_shhh:

I didn't slur my words. Nothing wrong with being gay. Is there?

no, there isn't it. i live in mass, if i wanted to marry someone of my sex, i could.

there's something a little fucked up about reading what i wrote and concluding i want to marry my butt buddy.

i guess it's permanent brain damage rather than temporary impairment due to alcohol use.

my apologies.

Often times a person goes out of their way to bash gays because they feel insecure about their own inner gay feelings and feel the need to overcompensate.

If we got rid of income taxes, the legal registration wouldn't be needed anymore.
Even for fishing, hunting, driving, hazardous waste handling, barbering, plumbing? Without income taxes, the rest of these activities will see higher licensing fees.

It's like saying if we got rid of death we wouldn't need to go to church.

Death and taxes, my man! Can't avoid either one!

Even for fishing, hunting, driving, hazardous waste handling, barbering, plumbing? Without income taxes, the rest of these activities will see higher licensing fees.

Hence why he specified income taxes, certainly never said to do away with taxing.

Hence why he specified income taxes, certainly never said to do away with taxing.
But married folks, no matter how that marriage is configured, would still have to obtain a marriage license. It's a legal contract. We even have a special system of courts set up to dissolve that contract.

Income taxes, licensing fees, excise taxes it doesn't matter. There still has to be a system of legitimizing the contract of marriage.

LOL who said anything about tolerance or understanding nobody said I had to like it or for that matter understand it. There is a lot of crap I don't like or care for but as far as my level of give a shit for gay marrige:

give+a+crap+o+meter.jpg

Its right there. Don't care and couldn't really careless Seriously when was the last time you've heard anyone have more then a 2 second conversation over Gay marriage hell I live in Seattle Hub of the Flaming NW and nobody talks about it.

LOL who said anything about tolerance or understanding nobody said I had to like it or for that matter understand it. There is a lot of crap I don't like or care for but as far as my level of give a shit for gay marrige:

give+a+crap+o+meter.jpg

Its right there. Don't care and couldn't really careless Seriously when was the last time you've heard anyone have more then a 2 second conversation over Gay marriage hell I live in Seattle Hub of the Flaming NW and nobody talks about it.

save it for your shrink

Forum List

Back