28% of Republicans support Same Sex Marriage

Most people couldn't give two shit's less about Gay marriage nor do they care about a person being gay who gives a shit............What people are getting hostile about is gay's getting in peoples faces about being gay or gay's wanting some extra right because they are gay.

A great deal of resistance would go away if a large number of these flaming freaks simply shut their mouths and lived their lives like everyone else.
I'll bet the only STONEWALL you ever heard of was a Confederate general. I'll further bet that you don't have a good handle on the hatred, blatant discrimination, even institutional bigotry gay Americans have suffered. All because nobody gave a shit. Just like you.

Most people couldn't give two shit's less about Gay marriage nor do they care about a person being gay who gives a shit............What people are getting hostile about is gay's getting in peoples faces about being gay or gay's wanting some extra right because they are gay.

A great deal of resistance would go away if a large number of these flaming freaks simply shut their mouths and lived their lives like everyone else.
I'll bet the only STONEWALL you ever heard of was a Confederate general. I'll further bet that you don't have a good handle on the hatred, blatant discrimination, even institutional bigotry gay Americans have suffered. All because nobody gave a shit. Just like you.

Damn man I'm just in tears after that........ya the meter its still at the bottom.

See this is what I'm talking about you have from the look's of it zero understanding I could give a shit less if your gay twinkly toes it doesn't matter me in the slightest do I feel sorry for you ..not really. Do I care if your given rights to get married not really do I care if you live or die again not really.

But I do get sick of fairy's telling everyone about OMG how oppressed you are when in fact you're not or pulling the normal antics that you do. Do the vast Majority care about your Life style not really do they care if you can get married .....not really. What I said stands

Damn man I'm just in tears after that........ya the meter its still at the bottom.

See this is what I'm talking about you have from the look's of it zero understanding I could give a shit less if your gay twinkly toes it doesn't matter me in the slightest do I feel sorry for you ..not really. Do I care if your given rights to get married not really do I care if you live or die again not really.

But I do get sick of fairy's telling everyone about OMG how oppressed you are when in fact you're not or pulling the normal antics that you do. Do the vast Majority care about your Life style not really do they care if you can get married .....not really. What I said stands
Well, I'm not gay.

I'm an American citizen who loves this country. And when this country fails to live up to it's billing as the land of freedom and liberty, I get frustrated.

And I think every American who believes the billing should get frustrated too. How can we say we love America if America isn't what it says it is?

Well, I'm not gay.

I'm an American citizen who loves this country. And when this country fails to live up to it's billing as the land of freedom and liberty, I get frustrated.

And I think every American who believes the billing should get frustrated too. How can we say we love America if America isn't what it says it is?

Don't care if you are or not that's a personal issue.

Because everyone has a right to what they believe and in this case these rights are being worked on. My statement that the majority don't care I believe is quite true. But for the OP to make this a left or right issue is beyond asinine moreover its quite pointless. There is no fight for gay marriage there are only details.

Well, I'm not gay.

Because everyone has a right to what they believe and in this case these rights are being worked on. My statement that the majority don't care I believe is quite true. But for the OP to make this a left or right issue is beyond asinine moreover its quite pointless. There is no fight for gay marriage there are only details.
Which political ideology is providing the resistance to same sex marriage: Liberals or Conservatives?

You see, the debate about social issues; DADT, same sex marriage, abortion rights, "family values" is a debate joined by Conservatives and Liberals. One group; wants America to fulfill its promise as a land of freedom, another group wants to put all its prejudice and bigotry on the line to re-enforce their views of what they see as right and wrong rather than legal or illegal.

Well, I'm not gay.

Which political ideology is providing the resistance to same sex marriage: Liberals or Conservatives?

You see, the debate about social issues; DADT, same sex marriage, abortion rights, "family values" is a debate joined by Conservatives and Liberals. One group; wants America to fulfill its promise as a land of freedom, another group wants to put all its prejudice and bigotry on the line to re-enforce their views of what they see as right and wrong rather than legal or illegal.

Yes yes and they stomp on Puppies and have rabbit stew with live rabbits. You sound like a spoiled child that can't handle other people having differing opinions about what is right or wrong. In case you've forgotten there are some 300+ million people that live in this nation who quite frankly are free to think for themselves.

There is no one answer for any question. I happen to know several dems who take a dim view of gay's and in general gay marriage take your president for example.

Yes yes and they stomp on Puppies and have rabbit stew with live rabbits. You sound like a spoiled child that can't handle other people having differing opinions about what is right or wrong. In case you've forgotten there are some 300+ million people that live in this nation who quite frankly are free to think for themselves.

There is no one answer for any question. I happen to know several dems who take a dim view of gay's and in general gay marriage take your president for example.
Which political ideology provided the resistance to civil rights? Women's rights? Worker's rights? Environmental regulations?

It's been a long and storied history for Conservatism. Always on the wrong side of the historical curve and always the last of the Americans to realize that injustice isn't the American way.

Kudos on keeping the flame alive.

Which political ideology provided the resistance to civil rights? Women's rights? Worker's rights? Environmental regulations?

It's been a long and storied history for Conservatism. Always on the wrong side of the historical curve and always the last of the Americans to realize that injustice isn't the American way.

As long as it keeps you warm at night princess you keep those thought's the rest of us will reflect back on history and know the truth.

As long as it keeps you warm at night princess you keep those thought's the rest of us will reflect back on history and know the truth.

What major breakthroughs have conservatives brought our society?

You're taking your anger out on the wrong person, Robert isn't standing in anyone's way of getting married.

You should be taking your anger out on Obama and other bureacrats in power, as he and those like him continue peddling the idea that marriage should only be between straight people.

Marriage is a legally binding contract. It creates a whole new legal entity. That's why you have to have a marriage license.

Marriage can be SANCTIFIED by a church. But it is authorized by the state.

If we got rid of income taxes, the legal registration wouldn't be needed anymore.
Even for fishing, hunting, driving, hazardous waste handling, barbering, plumbing? Without income taxes, the rest of these activities will see higher licensing fees.

It's like saying if we got rid of death we wouldn't need to go to church.

Death and taxes, my man! Can't avoid either one!

go to nothing but a sales tax.

But that's an entirely different topic for another thread.

Even for fishing, hunting, driving, hazardous waste handling, barbering, plumbing? Without income taxes, the rest of these activities will see higher licensing fees.

It's like saying if we got rid of death we wouldn't need to go to church.

Death and taxes, my man! Can't avoid either one!

Hence why he specified income taxes, certainly never said to do away with taxing.
But married folks, no matter how that marriage is configured, would still have to obtain a marriage license. It's a legal contract. We even have a special system of courts set up to dissolve that contract.

Income taxes, licensing fees, excise taxes it doesn't matter. There still has to be a system of legitimizing the contract of marriage.

Legally, what changes when you get married that you can't do as Two people living together?

The only thing I can think of is taxes. One of you gets to claim head of house hold.

Why do we do taxes? B./c we have to pay income tax and the government screws that up even though they have been at it for a LONG time, else we wouldn't get money back.

Toss income tax and there go the loop holes.

Why is RW'er so obsessed with fags?
Maybe he's obsessed with freedom. I know that's why I support same sex marriage.

You see, when a person no longer harbors ignorance and fear, the mind then can grasp the truth. If someone continues to be ignorant, fearful, bigotted and stupid, they will continue to ask ignorant, fearful, bigotted and stupid questions like "Why is RW'er so obsessed with fags?".

Here's a $1.... get yourself some humor and lighten up.

:lol:

Ops I see, so only 31% of all democrats (voters) are bigoted on the issue of Gay marraige! Whew, LAST YEAR only 44% of Democrats were bigots towards the idea of Gay marraige! Man, what a jump! I wonder what changed the minds of these people that used to be like "ewe gay's getting married" to "hell fucking yeah!"

Like most Americans, they are realizing that gays getting married is not that big a deal...it does not affect their own marriage at all.

I think much of the big swing in acceptance of gay marriage can be attributed to the repeal of DADT. People are realizing that gays are just part of our society.

The question is....why are Republicans still stuck in the 1950s?

The Democrats are willing to study the issues and perhaps change their minds. Obviously, this is not true with Republicans.

Last edited:
Hence why he specified income taxes, certainly never said to do away with taxing.
But married folks, no matter how that marriage is configured, would still have to obtain a marriage license. It's a legal contract. We even have a special system of courts set up to dissolve that contract.

Income taxes, licensing fees, excise taxes it doesn't matter. There still has to be a system of legitimizing the contract of marriage.

Legally, what changes when you get married that you can't do as Two people living together?

The only thing I can think of is taxes. One of you gets to claim head of house hold.

Why do we do taxes? B./c we have to pay income tax and the government screws that up even though they have been at it for a LONG time, else we wouldn't get money back.

Estate planning, next of kin visitation privileges, testimony in court, parental guardianship, availability of work benefits for spouses only. All sorts of things happen legally when you get married.

All sorts of things happen legally when you get divorced too.

Estate planning, next of kin visitation privileges, testimony in court, parental guardianship, availability of work benefits for spouses only. All sorts of things happen legally when you get married.

Estate planning, willnext of kin visitation privileges, You are married, you can have an ID that states it is so. Hell the state can charge a fee to produce it. testimony in court,sorry, I dont get that. parental guardianship, or thatavailability of work benefits for spouses only. Has nothing to do with the state. All sorts of things happen legally when you get married.

All sorts of things happen legally when you get divorced too. I still have the limp.

None of that "needs" the states involvement.

Estate planning, willnext of kin visitation privileges, You are married, you can have an ID that states it is so. Hell the state can charge a fee to produce it. testimony in court,sorry, I dont get that. parental guardianship, or thatavailability of work benefits for spouses only. Has nothing to do with the state. All sorts of things happen legally when you get married.

All sorts of things happen legally when you get divorced too. I still have the limp.

A spouse cannot testify against his/her spouse. And I thought you had watched every episode of Perry Mason!:lol:

But all those things are handled at once with a marriage license. Otherwise, one would have to go from agency to agency securing all those benefits.

Separate but equal? Here I thought we were past that insidious idea.

Ops I see, so only 31% of all democrats (voters) are bigoted on the issue of Gay marraige! Whew, LAST YEAR only 44% of Democrats were bigots towards the idea of Gay marraige! Man, what a jump! I wonder what changed the minds of these people that used to be like "ewe gay's getting married" to "hell fucking yeah!"

Like most Americans, they are realizing that gays getting married is not that big a deal...it does not affect their own marriage at all.

I think much of the big swing in acceptance of gay marriage can be attributed to the repeal of DADT. People are realizing that gays are just part of our society.

The question is....why are Republicans still stuck in the 1950s?

The Democrats are willing to study the issues and perhaps change their minds. Obviously, this is not true with Republicans.

That is true. We know that marriage is meant to be between a man and a woman. Case closed. :up:

A spouse cannot testify against his/her spouse. And I thought you had watched every episode of Perry Mason!:lol:

But all those things are handled at once with a marriage license. Otherwise, one would have to go from agency to agency securing all those benefits.

Separate but equal? Here I thought we were past that insidious idea.

Perry Mason! My Mom loved Perry Mason. :eusa_angel:

They can also be handled by the church, or whatever, you get married in. It's just not a state doc.

Separate but equal? Here I thought we were past that insidious idea. Not sure what you mean by that. The only time I recall that being used was for the races pre-civil rights.

Forum List

Back