What Is A "Shell Company"?

Essentially, a company on paper only that is typically used to skirt tax laws or hide certain business dealings.
But not necessarily illegal or morally wrong. Paying offshore taxes, for example. Or in Trump's case, it would not be illegal to form a corporation to raise money. And Comer uses essentially the same vehicle as did Hunter

Maga tends to use the term as a "bad thing." IF Trump is not doing it.

IMO, somewhat the same for NDAs. Why Maga zeroed in on NDAs has mystified me as much as the "shell company" thing. You cannot use an NDA to accomplish an illegal purpose. But Stormy's second pay day (without the money shot) was simply a payment to remain silent. She wasn't entering into a second illegal contract to service a john. The question is whether the "way" Trump paid her off violated campaign finance laws. But, even then, generally a winning or losing campaign is just fined. Still, if the point of a payoff is to hide a crime, the payoff itself is illegal.

I know Trump's a cheap ass, but he could have just paid her out of his own pocket, instead of reimbursing himself from the campaign.

But not necessarily illegal or morally wrong. Paying offshore taxes, for example. Or in Trump's case, it would not be illegal to form a corporation to raise money. And Comer uses essentially the same vehicle as did Hunter

Maga tends to use the term as a "bad thing." IF Trump is not doing it.

IMO, somewhat the same for NDAs. Why Maga zeroed in on NDAs has mystified me as much as the "shell company" thing. You cannot use an NDA to accomplish an illegal purpose. But Stormy's second pay day (without the money shot) was simply a payment to remain silent. She wasn't entering into a second illegal contract to service a john. The question is whether the "way" Trump paid her off violated campaign finance laws. But, even then, generally a winning or losing campaign is just fined. Still, if the point of a payoff is to hide a crime, the payoff itself is illegal.

I know Trump's a cheap ass, but he could have just paid her out of his own pocket, instead of reimbursing himself from the campaign.

This alleged affair and payoff happened long before Trump had any campaign started. No campaign funds were used. It was roughly a decade before. This is why it's a travesty of justice.

This alleged affair and payoff happened long before Trump had any campaign started. No campaign funds were used. It was roughly a decade before. This is why it's a travesty of justice.
Those are shitty facts even for maga. lol
Sanders' account suggested Trump didn't learn until recently that monthly payments he had been making to Cohen in 2016 or 2017 were a reimbursement for the Daniels payment and to cover other matters that Cohen handled for him.

That was according to former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani, who is now representing Trump as one of his attorneys and has been making a round of media appearances. Giuliani revealed the reimbursement Wednesday night on Fox News and then told the Washington Post on Thursday that Trump's payments to Cohen began earlier than "mid-year" 2017.

Cohen has asserted that Trump had no knowledge of the payment, which was made through a shell corporation. And Sanders restated on Thursday that Trump continues to deny the underlying allegation — that he had a sexual relationship with Daniels.

But the admission could land Trump in potentially varying degrees of legal trouble, from a felony campaign-finance violation to filing a knowingly false financial disclosure, something that carries up to a $50,000 fine and a year in prison or more.

Giuliani argued there were no campaign-finance violations, because this was a personal matter carried out to protect the family — not to influence the campaign.

"Just trust me, they're going to find no violations here," Giuliani said Wednesday night on Sean Hannity's show on Fox.

No they develop real estate…some companies provide services not goods

What does the xiden companies produce? What goods or services?

The Biden's sell bibles, steaks, shell social media company, shell foundation, fake university, miss America pageants so they can grab pussies without asking,

Trump's many conflicts of interest were a prominent topic throughout his tenure from 2017 through 2020. As president, the enormous power he had at his command made it more important than ever to understand his long list of businesses and how they could intersect with his public role as president.

Holy shit! Did you know the Biden's are innocent because These conflicts of interest do not pose a legal problem for them. The president and vice president are explicitly exempt from ethics regulations concerning conflicts of interest.

There were other issues, though, such as the emoluments clause, which was written into the U.S. Constitution by the nation's founders. The clause prohibits the president from accepting things of value from foreign governments.

Many critics say the emoluments clause applies to Trump in several respects. But none of the many legal cases alleging violations by the former president have been concluded, nor does it look like they will be in the near future.

So, Trump ignored this presidential norm, instead of placing his assets in a trust that was managed by his two eldest sons. He was able to withdraw funds from the trust at any time for any reason, without disclosing it.

In fact, Eric Trump, one of the trustees, told Forbes in early 2017 that he planned to regularly update his father on the Trump family businesses.7

This practice violates trust documents stating that trustees "shall not provide any report to Donald J. Trump on the holdings and sources of income of the Trust."

The result was that the president's businesses were held by a trust controlled by his sons, and the ability of the trust to insulate the former president from conflicts of interest was questionable.

No they develop real estate…some companies provide services not goods

What does the xiden companies produce? What goods or services?

All 500 of his companies develop real estate? Why 500?

Mr. Trump uses a web of LLCs and private entities to house these assets, which can obscure the extent of his holdings. For example, Trump Tower on New York’s Fifth Avenue is owned by Tower Commercial LLC, which is owned in turn by three other entities, all ultimately controlled by Mr. Trump.

How Donald Trump’s Web of LLCs Obscures His Business Interests​

The opacity of his holdings makes it impossible to gauge the full extent of potential conflicts he may face as president​

I keep hearing people on this forum ominously stating that Hunter Biden has "20 shell companies". The implication is that this is something really, really bad.

But when I ask these people what "20 shell companies" means to them, I get silence.

So I thought I'd throw it out there to the forum in general and see what happens.

What does "shell companies" mean to you?

Thank you.

Why did Trump and Republicans believe, without proof, that the Biden's were breaking the law in their 20 LLC's?

Mr. Trump uses a web of LLCs and private entities to house these assets, which can obscure the extent of his holdings.

The opacity of his holdings makes it impossible to gauge the full extent of potential conflicts he may face as president​

JMO, but if Trump hadn't made a career out of "lock her up," I might think he's getting railroaded.

Like the Biden's LLC's, Trump was going after Hillary for something they all do. Trump could say he wouldn't because he was never a politician. Impossible to prove he's lying about that until after he's president. Now Trump wants to say he's immune because he was president? Well technically on Jan 6 2021 you weren't.

Like the Biden's LLC's, Trump was going after Hillary for something they all do. Trump could say he wouldn't because he was never a politician. Impossible to prove he's lying about that until after he's president. Now Trump wants to say he's immune because he was president? Well technically on Jan 6 2021 you weren't.
Seriously, I don't think hillary's classing opposition research as legal advice or Trump's hiding payoffs WITH CAMPAIGN FUNDS to two women who for their own reasons climbed into a bed of shit are earth shaking. But when you run your winning campaign on promising to jail your opponent .... I hope nothing good ever happens to you ever again.

Consulting. What they do, is over your head. Above your pay grade.

What does Chelsea Clinton do? She's a consultant, journalist, politician and entrepreneur. She's also a
phi·lan·thro·pist
Compared to Trump who's a full on rapist.
so they do nothing but launder money,,,

thats what I said they did,,

Forum List

Back