GOP lawmakers argue to keep first cousin marriage legal.

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018
Turns out the main proponent's grandparents were first cousins, lol.

Gotta love Appalachia.

The bill passed unanimously in the Senate and drew support from most Republicans in the House. But not all of them, as a few voted ‘Present,’ and two voted ‘No.’

“There is an increased risk of birth defects when you’ve got first cousins marrying. It is in the range of 1.7% to 2.8%, according to the Journal of Genetic Counseling,” Rep. Gino Bulso (R-Brentwood) said during session. “So, there’s an additional risk, but it’s not as significant as some might otherwise be led to believe.”

Bulso filed an amendment to protect cousin marriage, if couples see a genetic counselor. The rest of the body didn’t bite.

I may find it sick and disgusting or a degenerate lifestyle, but what consisting adults do is their business. Government for the most part needs to stay out of people’s personal lives and allow them to live the life they choose.

inbreeding should be illegal
look at the sort of despicable creeps that it produces

sethmeyersinbreedingvictimfhmgfh2.jpg

Turns out the main proponent's grandparents were first cousins, lol.

Gotta love Appalachia.

Why shouldn’t two same sex gay cousins marry?

Odd, not like they are going to procreate a defective child?

Or for that matter, why not two heterosexual same sex individuals who marry just for the financial benefit of it?

Hmmmmmm

Why shouldn’t two same sex gay cousins marry?

Odd, not like they are going to procreate a defective child?

Or for that matter, why not two heterosexual same sex individuals who marry just for the financial benefit of it?

Hmmmmmm
Why are you kids so fixated on gay couples?

You're like the 8th or 9th republican to bring it up.

It begins to look quite suspicious.

Why are you kids so fixated on gay couples?

You're like the 8th or 9th republican to bring it up.

It begins to look quite suspicious.

I see the deflection. Did you not notice I included heterosexual same sex cousin couples as well.

You do realize that same sex heterosexuals can legally marry, right?

Forum List

Back