Zone1 Approval of sex outside marriage: the reason the vast majority will be in Hell.

I forgot. You're a troll.

There be three things which are too wonderful for me, Yea, four which I know not: The way of an eagle in the air; The way of a serpent upon a rock; The way of a ship in the midst of the sea; And the way of a man with a maid.

Proverbs 30:18-20 KJV -

There have been lots of people having sex outside of marriage for centuries.

If your religion demands no sex except with a marriage, then by all means, follow your religion's edicts.

But as someone who is not a Christian, I will enjoy sex outside of marriage.

"I don't know why people can't understand by now that sex outside marriage is responsible for 90% of the world's ills."

I can tell you why. It doesn't. Greed causes far more ills in the world than getting laid.

Mashmont

Virginity is never stipulated as a requirement of the Israelite people before marriage, the only exception being that a priest can only marry a virgin according to Leviticus 21:13-14.

Also, in the Old Testament, whatever expectation that people had concerning being virgins was only applied to women, and then only within the context that a groom demands his wife be a virgin. Virginity before marriage was never considered a religious virtue in and of itself.

Furthermore, men of Old Testament times regularly engaged in polygamy or had concubine.

These practices were commonly accepted and never explicitly condemned; so how is the Bible in any position to pontificate to us today concerning the now-common practice of premarital sex?

Also, there are a number of anecdotes of premarital sex, such as Abraham begetting Ishmael with his wife's slave, Hagar, and also Jacob begetting sons with his wives' slaves Bilhah and Zilpah.

These anecdotes never state or imply that there was anything wrong with these actions.

There have been lots of people having sex outside of marriage for centuries.

If your religion demands no sex except with a marriage, then by all means, follow your religion's edicts.

But as someone who is not a Christian, I will enjoy sex outside of marriage.

"I don't know why people can't understand by now that sex outside marriage is responsible for 90% of the world's ills."

I can tell you why. It doesn't. Greed causes far more ills in the world than getting laid.

This is all pretty disgusting.

Mashmont

Virginity is never stipulated as a requirement of the Israelite people before marriage, the only exception being that a priest can only marry a virgin according to Leviticus 21:13-14.

Also, in the Old Testament, whatever expectation that people had concerning being virgins was only applied to women, and then only within the context that a groom demands his wife be a virgin. Virginity before marriage was never considered a religious virtue in and of itself.

Furthermore, men of Old Testament times regularly engaged in polygamy or had concubine.

These practices were commonly accepted and never explicitly condemned; so how is the Bible in any position to pontificate to us today concerning the now-common practice of premarital sex?

Also, there are a number of anecdotes of premarital sex, such as Abraham begetting Ishmael with his wife's slave, Hagar, and also Jacob begetting sons with his wives' slaves Bilhah and Zilpah.

These anecdotes never state or imply that there was anything wrong with these actions.
The OT and NT condemn immoral sexuality aka fornication

The OT and NT condemn immoral sexuality aka fornication

If the OT and the NT mean something to you besides literature, the condemnation of fornication carries some weight. For most it does not.

And we need to be especially vigilant against making laws based solely on religious dogma.

The view accepting sex outside marriage will doom you, right off the top. The Marxist left has lured so many into this trap by their media and social influence. I don't know why people can't understand by now that sex outside marriage is responsible for 90% of the world's ills. Such a seemingly simple innocuous act has enormous consequences.

The figure is at least 69%, as reflected on people's view on sex outside marriage, and probably a whole lot more. A 1969 poll reported only 21% saying it was acceptable. How the world has fallen! The Marxists have been very successful in leading people to Hell.

For those who say eternal punishment is unfair, I'll remind you it is your choice.

“Enter through the narrow gate. The gate is wide and the road is wide that leads to hell, and many people enter through that gate. But the gate is small and the road is narrow that leads to true life. Only a few people find that road. - Matthew 7: 13-14.
I'm totally boned....for bonin

Okay so .. I was told to sow my oats, which I did and honestly it was fun .. sure regrets a plenty .. but nope, never cheated on my lady love.. sacred mutual promise of stability to her and the family ... and true love helps.:11_2_1043:

If the OT and the NT mean something to you besides literature, the condemnation of fornication carries some weight. For most it does not.

And we need to be especially vigilant against making laws based solely on religious dogma.
We need to be more vigilant against making laws based on atheism. And once again, the bad consequences of fornication are not limited to those who think it's wrong. Fools think they haven't been adversely affected.

I'm thinking of making a tagline because I have to repeat it so often:

"Fools think they are immune to the bad consequences of violating moral laws, just because they don't believe in them."

Then you have to question their intelligence for not believing in them after getting burned by violating them.

Forum List

Back