You are gay... we don't care.

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Yesterday we were out and I am waiting at a light when I see a white Jeep coming, at first I thought it was a commercial vehicle because the front of it had all these colored lights on it. And it had those "ring lights" around the headlights that was bright purple.
As it got closer I realized this was made to look like the gay colors flag.
Then it stopped in front of me, I kid you not I would say there was at least 30 stickers and bumper stickers all over this thing. Gay pride this and gay pride that... the car was a rolling gay parade.

Why?
I am 6'4"... it would be no different if I had stickers all over my vehicle saying "Height Pride" or "Tall Unity". being gay doesn't make you special. Anymore than being straight does, or being taller or having brown hair or green eyes.

I will go out on a limb and say this gal driving the vehicle, or wait... maybe it was a dude... couldn't see well enough, anyway... I bet you $50 they frown upon a Jesus freak who had their car plastered with religious symbols and "God Loves You". And probably have a Karen moment if their college professor worse a cross necklace.

Anyway... who gives a shit if you are gay? That is a pretty fucked up way of identifying yourself and nothing to be "proud" of.

So..you DO care? It's clear from your post that a display of gay pride bothers you. Otherwise, you wouldn't comment on it.
Since when did I say symbols of gay pride didn't bother me?
Can you not read?
I said - I don't give a shit if you are gay, you're not special and your sexuality isn't something to be proud of

Pride of course does not mean 'special' though I guess it could be argued gays are special given that they are such a minority. Pride is about not feeling ashamed to be who they are. Pride is about mot being hurt when they have bumped into yet another homophobic who is complaining about - oh I don't know gay pride is becoming a common one. Why would Gays complain about seeing God Loves You. Many are Christian. Ah but I can also understand that. Many of them suffer degradation from some Christian sects for being gay. You must be talking about them knowing they will be thinking 'who are you kidding?'

It seemed to bother you so much you wrote about it, so so tell why it bothered you this much seeing you do not care if they are gay or not?

You have a little guilty secret?

I see a lot of stuff on many vehicles from Trump stickers to Biblical writing on Trucks and you know what I do?

Nothing and why?

Don’t care at all…

Anyhoo, tell us more about how you don’t care and please give great detail…

i give it a 7 out of 10.
Well, for me what the OP wrote is a daily occurrence and I just do not notice like I did back in the 1990’s in California…

Now if they had the Village People blaring or Tarzan Boy Blaring from the speakers while having a disco ball spinning from their roof then that might catch my eye but they would need someone dancing also, so again nothing new for me…

It seemed to bother you so much you wrote about it, so so tell why it bothered you this much seeing you do not care if they are gay or not?

You have a little guilty secret?

I see a lot of stuff on many vehicles from Trump stickers to Biblical writing on Trucks and you know what I do?

Nothing and why?

Don’t care at all…

Anyhoo, tell us more about how you don’t care and please give great detail…
You guys really have some comprehension problems don't you?

I would say 8 out of 10 on the gay annoying scale.
I live in a college town. Seeing gay stuff is a daily occurrence. Been that way far-far longer than when the LGBQT stuff got fired up. I saw trans people everyday well before most people. Very use to it. And doesn't bother me in the least.
But this damn Jeep... Jesus Christ. When I say it had at least 30 decals and bumper stickers, I mean it had at least 30 decals and bumper stickers. The front of the jeep had rainbow string lights on it. The wheels were Rainbow colored. If you took out the words gay everywhere you would fully believe it was a circus vehicle.
So yeah... ta least 8/10

I would say 8 out of 10 on the gay annoying scale.
I live in a college town. Seeing gay stuff is a daily occurrence. Been that way far-far longer than when the LGBQT stuff got fired up. I saw trans people everyday well before most people. Very use to it. And doesn't bother me in the least.
But this damn Jeep... Jesus Christ. When I say it had at least 30 decals and bumper stickers, I mean it had at least 30 decals and bumper stickers. The front of the jeep had rainbow string lights on it. The wheels were Rainbow colored. If you took out the words gay everywhere you would fully believe it was a circus vehicle.
So yeah... ta least 8/10
But a picture is worth all those words!!!

Truthfully this is part of life now and I just shrug my shoulders…

When was the first time you saw a drag queen or met a gay person?

I was five when I met my first gay person and nicest guy that would bring juice from the Orange Groves he worked in Florida and first drag queen I was about fifteen and was like “ Dude “….

So maybe I am just so used to it…

But a picture is worth all those words!!!

Truthfully this is part of life now and I just shrug my shoulders…

When was the first time you saw a drag queen or met a gay person?

I was five when I met my first gay person and nicest guy that would bring juice from the Orange Groves he worked in Florida and first drag queen I was about fifteen and was like “ Dude “….

So maybe I am just so used to it…
That's nice.
Now please quote where I said I was bothered by gay people.
... now do you get it? This is where you are projecting.

Anyone who is "proud" to be gay is mentally ill. The gay party line is that it is an innate condition, not chosen, and not changeable. Hence, it is nothing to be proud of and nothing to be ashamed of. It just is.

Like it or not, the 98+ percent of males who are not gay find gay sex rather revolting, and most of those who don't avoid revulsion by simply not thinking about it. The same is true, I suspect, for women who are so supportive of gay "rights." They just don't think about it.

I suspect the owner of the Jeep in question has whole cornucopia of neuroses fueling that ridiculous-looking vehicle.

The gay people I knew back in the seventies were all about wanting gay people to be seen as no different than anybody else and seeking to dispel the notion that gays recruited kids.

My, oh my, have times ever changed.

Pride of course does not mean 'special' though I guess it could be argued gays are special given that they are such a minority. Pride is about not feeling ashamed to be who they are. Pride is about mot being hurt when they have bumped into yet another homophobic who is complaining about - oh I don't know gay pride is becoming a common one. Why would Gays complain about seeing God Loves You. Many are Christian. Ah but I can also understand that. Many of them suffer degradation from some Christian sects for being gay. You must be talking about them knowing they will be thinking 'who are you kidding?'
Like Scottish Pride?

Yesterday we were out and I am waiting at a light when I see a white Jeep coming, at first I thought it was a commercial vehicle because the front of it had all these colored lights on it. And it had those "ring lights" around the headlights that was bright purple.
As it got closer I realized this was made to look like the gay colors flag.
Then it stopped in front of me, I kid you not I would say there was at least 30 stickers and bumper stickers all over this thing. Gay pride this and gay pride that... the car was a rolling gay parade.

Why?
I am 6'4"... it would be no different if I had stickers all over my vehicle saying "Height Pride" or "Tall Unity". being gay doesn't make you special. Anymore than being straight does, or being taller or having brown hair or green eyes.

I will go out on a limb and say this gal driving the vehicle, or wait... maybe it was a dude... couldn't see well enough, anyway... I bet you $50 they frown upon a Jesus freak who had their car plastered with religious symbols and "God Loves You". And probably have a Karen moment if their college professor worse a cross necklace.

Anyway... who gives a shit if you are gay? That is a pretty fucked up way of identifying yourself and nothing to be "proud" of.
Perhaps if gay folks were not marginalized, shamed demeaned and ridiculed so much such expressions of pride would not be necessary. Sometimes people need to take back what they feel has been taken from them

Forum List

Back