Something people don't seem to get about why Jesus came into the world, what the Crucifixion means 4 us individually

rightnow909

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2021
most people know that Jesus died on a cross the save us from our sins

But they don't realize (or accept)that maybe, just maybe.... His followers have to go t hrough something similar... sometimes I feel it is something VERY similar...

Jesus said that if they persecuted Him, they will persecute you, His followers.. and so if you are not persecuted, you are not one of His followers.. As soon as you step out to do His work, and if you stick with it, you will have enemies coming out of the woodwork...

Then there is this:

What is the best answer to the Q

Why did Jesus come into the world (other than the above) and there is "another" albeit related reason...

The storyline keeps you thinking in circles and downward spirals.

If only we would all think alike it would be a much easier life - wouldn't it???

To teach. To show us how to love. To fulfil the Law for the Jews. To graft Gentiles into the blessings of Abraham, and the Jews.
He saved us from our sin by exchanging His pure record for us to enter Heaven under, while taking the punishment for our sins, which was death. Then He conquered death and returned victorious.

I don't think I've ever done anything even close to meriting a death sentence for someone else.
If you are referring to going to heaven from what I understand you don’t get there just by being good.

*** snip ***

Salvation is not based on our goodness but on Jesus’ goodness. If we confess with our mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in our hearts that God raised him from the dead, we will be saved (Romans 10:9). This salvation in Christ is a precious gift, and, like all true gifts, it is unearned (Romans 6:23; Ephesians 2:8–9). The message of the gospel is that we can never be good enough to get to heaven. We must recognize that we are sinners who fall short of God’s glory, and we must obey the command to repent of our sins and place our faith and trust in Jesus Christ. Christ alone was a “good person”—good enough to earn heaven—and He gives His righteousness to those who believe in His name (Romans 1:17).

But they don't realize (or accept)that maybe, just maybe.... His followers have to go t hrough something similar... sometimes I feel it is something VERY similar...

Jesus said that if they persecuted Him, they will persecute you, His followers.. and so if you are not persecuted, you are not one of His followers.. As soon as you step out to do His work, and if you stick with it, you will have enemies coming out of the woodwork...

Then there is this:

Why did Jesus come into the world (other than the above) and there is "another" albeit related reason...
How did Jews and Gentiles get into heaven before Jesus? What about after Jesus? As I understand it, Jesus came to condemn more people to Hell than had been the case before he appeared. Am I wrong?

To teach. To show us how to love. To fulfil the Law for the Jews. To graft Gentiles into the blessings of Abraham, and the Jews.
He saved us from our sin by exchanging His pure record for us to enter Heaven under, while taking the punishment for our sins, which was death. Then He conquered death and returned victorious.
all this is true

But if he paid the ENTIRE price so that we don't have 2 do anything but "accept Him" (and everyone has their own definition of that) ...

why is there so much evil still... meaning so much in Christians, so called?

I don't know too many Christians who are exactly saintly.. except when in Church (or "church")

How did Jews and Gentiles get into heaven before Jesus? What about after Jesus? As I understand it, Jesus came to condemn more people to Hell than had been the case before he appeared. Am I wrong?
I am not God and dont have all the answers.. and really, only God can know the answers to some of these Qs

apparently people who died b4 the Resurrection went to some place of waiting .. and then elsewhere once the Resurrection happened..

that's about all i know... The Church probably has some answers but even the Church does not claim to know everything God does

all this is true

But if he paid the ENTIRE price so that we don't have 2 do anything but "accept Him" (and everyone has their own definition of that) ...

why is there so much evil still... meaning so much in Christians, so called?

I don't know too many Christians who are exactly saintly.. except when in Church (or "church

Jesus didn't know too many saints either. We are just common folk, united in Christ and trying to do our best. Which is not good enough. Which is why He gave us His perfect record instead of our own to enter Heaven.

The reason for so much evil is we live in Satan's domain for now.
In the Lord's prayer we ask for things. God's will to be done here just like in Heaven, because it is not right now. And we acknowledge that the power, glory and kingdom belongs to God and ask Him to reclaim it.

If I offered you the Brooklyn bridge to get you to do something, would you take me seriously? No, because I don't own the bridge. Look at the offer Lucifer made to Jesus when Jesus went to the desert and was tempted for 40 days. He offered Him the power, the glory and every kingdom on earth. Because He has temporary control of those things. He took the dominion from Adam. Christ, the second Adam is going to take it back.

Before the fall of man:

Genesis 1:26 Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”​

After the fall of man. Below is Satan talking to Jesus:

Luke 4:6-7 And he said to him, “I will give you all their authority and splendor; it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. If you worship me, it will all be yours.”​

This is what Satan controls for now:

1 John 5:19 We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.​

What is coming soon:

John 12:31 Now is the judgment of this world; now will the ruler of this world be cast out.​

It's why bad things happen to good people, and why good people do bad things. Satan's time is limited, and he knows it. He is about doing as much destruction to us as he can before Jesus crushes him. He delights in it.

Maranatha Lord, maranatha...

Last edited:
So God sends His only son to Earth where he gets brutally executed and all the sinners get off scot free.

What kind of lesson is that?

John 17:20-23
20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

22 And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one:

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

Matthew 5:48

48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

So God sends His only son to Earth where he gets brutally executed and all the sinners get off scot free.

Jesus is God's only begotten son in the flesh. However, in the spirit, we are all God's sons and daughters. We were placed onto this earth in an imperfect condition. God knew we would fall by committing sins. However, He had a plan that He set down before the foundation of this earth. He would send down to this earth His Firstborn Son of all his spirit children. This firstborn son of the spirit realm was such a great being before coming to this earth that he was included in the godhead and was even the creator of this earth. He was such a magnificent spirit that upon coming to this earth, he never sinned, not even once. Because of his sinless nature, it was a horrible injustice that he suffered what he did while on this earth. Because of this horrible injustice, God's only begotten son deserved to be recompensed for this horrible injustice. Not only was it just to recompense him for the injustice but to the extent to which he suffered. While Jesus was in the Garden of Gethsemane He took upon himself the sins of all the world. This was the extent of the injustice which he suffered. It was paramount that God our Eternal Heavenly Father recompense Jesus not only for the suffering but to the extent of his suffer. His recompense was that he would reign supreme over the earth and that he gained the right to forgive all those who would come unto him and repent of their sins. He obtained the right to forgive others if they would follow after him and repent. His recompense for suffering for all the sins of the world was that he be allowed to forgive anyone who would repent and come unto him. It was the greatest sacrifice ever made by anyone who has walked this earth. No normal man could have suffered to the extent that Jesus suffered. Perhaps his being the Only Begotten Son of the Father in the flesh gave him the power to accomplish this insurmountable task.

Why did God the Father allow his Firstborn Son in the spirit to take upon such a gruesome task? It was done because the Father and the firstborn son so loved the world (the inhabitants thereof) that he knew we would all fall from his presence and needed a way to come back to him. We are all his spirit children and he loves each one of us very, very dearly. The Father himself, already an immortal being could not lay down his immortal body. It required one who had not yet taken upon himself flesh and bones. It required one who would come to this earth and take upon him a mortal body. It required one who was such an excellent spirit that the Father knew he would never succumb to sin. It required one who could submit himself completely and unquestionable to the Father's will. This person was our beloved Savior and Redeemer, our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of this greatest of all acts, we all have the opportunity to forsake our sins and find the loving kindness and mercy of our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ.

His Son was well aware of his earthly demise before there was an earth. He volunteered. And yes, the sinners get off scot free. And there is only one reason for that. God's love is greater than our sins. Loving Father that He is He wants nothing to interfere with His connection to you. His grace allows Him to forgive us while we are in the act of sinning! Grace is favor that we don't deserve.
If you truly hate a sin, and turn your behavior away from it, forgiveness is promised. Sin every Sat. and saying a rosary verse on Sun. tells God, your repentance isn't genuine.

So, sin separates us from our Father, so Christ removed it. And now, if you accept Christ as your Savior, God forgets the sins you committed here and doesn't even remember them.

When Christ hung on that cross, your name came up. His mission on that cross was to make sure you get home, scot free...

I don't think I've ever done anything even close to meriting a death sentence for someone else.
Back in the day, if you had the money, you could pay someone to go to jail in your place. If you saw that person out on the street at some later date, you would know that your sentence was completed. On your court record was stamped the word Tetelestai. It was stamped on the front of the paperwork. It means, PAID IN FULL. WORK IS COMPLETE.
That is the word Christ used on the cross. Paid in Full.

We have all sinned and fallen short of the Kingdom of Heaven on our own merit. We can't change the past but we can repent and forsake our sins and find forgiveness through the merit of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I am not God and dont have all the answers.. and really, only God can know the answers to some of these Qs

apparently people who died b4 the Resurrection went to some place of waiting .. and then elsewhere once the Resurrection happened..

that's about all i know... The Church probably has some answers but even the Church does not claim to know everything God does
Before Christ, those who belonged to God couldn't enter Heaven with sin, so they went to a place the Bible refers to as Abraham's Bosom and was also called Paradise. Christ went there with the thief that was on the cross next to Him. And we know all kinds of things about it.
There were two landings with a chasm between the two. About 10,000 souls waiting for Jesus on one side. And hell on the other.
The souls recognized each other even though they were in spirit form. Abraham still looked like Abraham. They spoke. They had tongues. They were thirsty in Hell.
Christ went to Abraham's Bosom for three days and when he came back to earth, He brought the 10,000 souls with Him. While He was on the cross, the earthquake open the graves of those waiting for Him and they reclaimed their, now glorified bodies and went home to see their families before leaving with Christ 40 days later.
Those in Hell are still waiting for the White Throne Judgement where they will show up, along with Satan, with their sin intact, and will plead their case to the Judge, Jesus Christ.

Last edited:

Then there is this:

The difficult part is they have to have FAITH FIRST. It's difficult to convince the non-believers as they'll blame you, Christianity, Jesus, God or something else. They seem to enjoy complaining more and taking pot shots at you and the creationists. I think all you can do for someone like that pray for them. The last thing I tried was to warn them of the consequences, but I got carried away with it. They seemed to think it was a threat. One dies spiritually if you're an atheist/agnostic/sinner and pass on, but it's difficult to come up with an equivalent in this life.

Usually, they do not believe or accept the reason for Jesus coming into this world. It's like don't bother me.

As for your question, you got the main point right, but I think there are many other reasons for His coming. Maybe to be King of Kings, Lord of Lords is most important, but that didn't happen.

Last edited:
Back in the day, if you had the money, you could pay someone to go to jail in your place. If you saw that person out on the street at some later date, you would know that your sentence was completed. On your court record was stamped the word Tetelestai. It was stamped on the front of the paperwork. It means, PAID IN FULL. WORK IS COMPLETE.
That is the word Christ used on the cross. Paid in Full.
I don't mean to offend Christians. My parents were devout Christians, I just never understood why some person needed to die a horrific death for "my sins" which I do not believe are anywhere near the level of requiring such a sacrifice. Sorry it has just never made any sense to me and it still does not.

Forum List

Back