You are gay... we don't care.

What country do you live in?
That hasn't happened in decades in this country
Really? What country do YOU live in? There is much less discrimination now, but it does indeed happen. Do you know that in many US states, a gay person can be -and sometimes are-fired from a job, denied credit, denied housing and be excluded from places of public accommodation ?

Yesterday we were out and I am waiting at a light when I see a white Jeep coming, at first I thought it was a commercial vehicle because the front of it had all these colored lights on it. And it had those "ring lights" around the headlights that was bright purple.
As it got closer I realized this was made to look like the gay colors flag.
Then it stopped in front of me, I kid you not I would say there was at least 30 stickers and bumper stickers all over this thing. Gay pride this and gay pride that... the car was a rolling gay parade.

Why?
I am 6'4"... it would be no different if I had stickers all over my vehicle saying "Height Pride" or "Tall Unity". being gay doesn't make you special. Anymore than being straight does, or being taller or having brown hair or green eyes.

I will go out on a limb and say this gal driving the vehicle, or wait... maybe it was a dude... couldn't see well enough, anyway... I bet you $50 they frown upon a Jesus freak who had their car plastered with religious symbols and "God Loves You". And probably have a Karen moment if their college professor worse a cross necklace.

Anyway... who gives a shit if you are gay? That is a pretty fucked up way of identifying yourself and nothing to be "proud" of.
First of all, who is the “we” that you are speaking for?

Second, being tall is not an oppressed group in our society.

Do you really not understand the purpose of symbolism and expression used to support oppressed groups? Please tell me you don’t need that explained to you.

First of all, who is the “we” that you are speaking for?

Second, being tall is not an oppressed group in our society.

Do you really not understand the purpose of symbolism and expression used to support oppressed groups? Please tell me you don’t need that explained to you.
Haha... gay people are not oppressed like they use to be.
They simply aren't. Do some people not like them? Yes, but some people don't like a lot of kinds of people.
There will never be a day when no one dislikes a gay person for being gay, exactly like there will never be a day when all other differences don't result in some dislike or uncomfortable situations.
Besides inner city blacks, the vast majority of Americans either don't care about a person's sexuality or if they don't like it, they don't agree that they should be treated differently.

Particularly folks 50 and younger.
But that is not what the gay activist are after. They want special treatment, not equal treatment.

Haha... gay people are not oppressed like they use to be.
They simply aren't. Do some people not like them? Yes, but some people don't like a lot of kinds of people.
There will never be a day when no one dislikes a gay person for being gay, exactly like there will never be a day when all other differences don't result in some dislike or uncomfortable situations.
Besides inner city blacks, the vast majority of Americans either don't care about a person's sexuality or if they don't like it, they don't agree that they should be treated differently.

Particularly folks 50 and younger.
But that is not what the gay activist are after. They want special treatment, not equal treatment.
Hahaha, very good, they are not oppressed like they used to be. How do you think that changed? By everybody staying quiet and keeping to themselves?!

Hahaha, very good, they are not oppressed like they used to be. How do you think that changed? By everybody staying quiet and keeping to themselves?!
That doesn't answer the reason why someone would flaunt their sexuality in such an absurd manner TODAY.
If you and your co-workers were complaining about low pay... and the company not only gave you a nice raise, but a long term COL raise plan for years to come... would you keep on complaining as if nothing changed?
How do you think management would react to not complaints not stopping? You think the employer would be justified in not liking it?
This is like many things today. Groups no longer seeking equality, but special treatment.

That doesn't answer the reason why someone would flaunt their sexuality in such an absurd manner TODAY.
If you and your co-workers were complaining about low pay... and the company not only gave you a nice raise, but a long term COL raise plan for years to come... would you keep on complaining as if nothing changed?
How do you think management would react to not complaints not stopping? You think the employer would be justified in not liking it?
This is like many things today. Groups no longer seeking equality, but special treatment.
You didn’t answer my question… answer it and I’ll happily answer yours.

How do you think things changed for the Gay community? By everybody staying quiet and keeping to themselves?!

You claim that you don't care but now you sound angry. Two lengthy screeds about gay people tells me that you certainly do care.

Please describe those "special rights" that gay "activists" want

Last edited:
This is like many t
Wow! Yet another angry rant! You do have a lot on your mind!
Stickers on a car and rainbow lights…. Oh the horror. I think our friend needs a hug after such trauma
Good grief! He had me worried. I thought that he might have seen some guy getting fudge packed in Starbucks or prancing around in a G-string and spiked dog collar while being flogged on main street

Last edited:
Wow! Yet another angry rant! You do have a lot on your mind!

Good grief! He had me worried. I thought that he might have seen some guy getting fudge packed in Starbucks or prancing around in a G-string on main street
They normally only do that at the "gay pride" parades. Why do they call themselves GAY with their elevated suicide rates?

They normally only do that at the "gay pride" parades. Why do they call themselves GAY with their elevated suicide rates?
Have you seen a gay pride event lately? A bit flamboyant but no nudity or sex. No worse than Mardi Gras.

As for suicides and substance abuse, it is common too all oppressed and marginalized minorities. DO NOT blame the victim.

Have you seen a gay pride event lately? A bit flamboyant but no nudity or sex. No worse than Mardi Gras.

As for suicides and substance abuse, it is common too all oppressed and marginalized minorities. DO NOT blame the victim.
When a parade comes with a disclaimer and the city (Chicago) gives you a warning about bringing kids, that should be a clue. The weird stuff at Mardi Gras happens when most kids are sleeping.

Yesterday we were out and I am waiting at a light when I see a white Jeep coming, at first I thought it was a commercial vehicle because the front of it had all these colored lights on it. And it had those "ring lights" around the headlights that was bright purple.
As it got closer I realized this was made to look like the gay colors flag.
Then it stopped in front of me, I kid you not I would say there was at least 30 stickers and bumper stickers all over this thing. Gay pride this and gay pride that... the car was a rolling gay parade.

Why?
I am 6'4"... it would be no different if I had stickers all over my vehicle saying "Height Pride" or "Tall Unity". being gay doesn't make you special. Anymore than being straight does, or being taller or having brown hair or green eyes.

I will go out on a limb and say this gal driving the vehicle, or wait... maybe it was a dude... couldn't see well enough, anyway... I bet you $50 they frown upon a Jesus freak who had their car plastered with religious symbols and "God Loves You". And probably have a Karen moment if their college professor worse a cross necklace.

Anyway... who gives a shit if you are gay? That is a pretty fucked up way of identifying yourself and nothing to be "proud" of.
Thank you. No one gives a shit.

WTF is "gay pride"? I don't get it.

So..you DO care? It's clear from your post that a display of gay pride bothers you. Otherwise, you wouldn't comment on it.
Comprehension seems to be your problem. He's saying, if gays want to be viewed as normal people, then act like normal people. Fixing up your car like that is anything but normal. I'm a heterosexual pride dude and I don't need to fix my car up to identify as being heterosexual. So, if you want to be thought as normal, then be normal.

Forum List

Back