Woman charged for trying to shoot tires of shoplifter

The trigger happy bitch should mind her own business and let Home Depot deal with shoplifters.

I say throw the fucking book at her for endangering the public.

She should go to jail and pay reparations, tires are not cheap, but why take away her gun from her? Just double up her jail time, I think.

She opened fire in a crowded parking lot without any justification for doing so and needlessly endangered the lives of others.

She proved that she is unfit to have any guns in her possession and should absolutely never be allowed to have them in public.
I thought the constitution is unconditional in protecting everyone's right to be armed, with any type of weapon they want. The protection is from the others in public that shoot back at her. Or, to be more exact, her mental state would never have gone this far, if she had been made to wonder how many could shoot back at her.

She just forfeited her right to own a gun by proving that she is a danger to others and cannot be trusted with a firearm in public. Basically she is an unconvicted felon and needs to be treated like one.

Busy parking lots are not the OK Corral. Who wants to be in fear for their life every time they go to the Supermarket that some Gun Fetishists isn't going to open fire and randomly imperil the lives of innocent people.

The purpose of a CCW is to protect you in the event YOUR life is in danger. It is not a permit to open fire whenever you want to play at being Rambo at your local 711.

She should go to jail and pay reparations, tires are not cheap, but why take away her gun from her? Just double up her jail time, I think.

She opened fire in a crowded parking lot without any justification for doing so and needlessly endangered the lives of others.

She proved that she is unfit to have any guns in her possession and should absolutely never be allowed to have them in public.

That's a slippery slope there though. Now, you are punishing a citizen for his or her entire life for a crime that they already paid for? Not sure how I feel about that. The government really shouldn't be able to "grant" our rights to us. The idea is that they already exist and the government only recognizes them.

Would you be happy knowing that she might be at your Supermarket parking lot while you are there and she draws and opens fire just because a car backfires?

She lacks the judgment and mental stability to own a gun and to carry one in public.

It was really stupid, but should we "discriminate" against stupid people? :D I know that what she did was really freaking stupid, but at the same time I'm conflicted because I know how important our rights are. What criteria should the government use in order to determine who is able to practice their natural rights to self defense?

Her rights to own a gun don't override your rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

She has proven that she cannot be trusted with firearms therefore she has forfeited her right to own and carry in public.

If I had done this I would expect to have the same penalties applied to me.

That's a slippery slope there though. Now, you are punishing a citizen for his or her entire life for a crime that they already paid for? Not sure how I feel about that. The government really shouldn't be able to "grant" our rights to us. The idea is that they already exist and the government only recognizes them.

Would you be happy knowing that she might be at your Supermarket parking lot while you are there and she draws and opens fire just because a car backfires?

She lacks the judgment and mental stability to own a gun and to carry one in public.

Only a trained psychiatrist/psychologist could attest to that! Stupid doesn't mean crazy.

Only a trained psychiatrist/psychologist could attest to that! Stupid doesn't mean crazy.

One thing that vast majority of all criminals have in common is stupidity. She fits the profile and she has just committed a crime with a lethal weapon.

One thing that vast majority of all criminals have in common is stupidity. She fits the profile and she has just committed a crime with a lethal weapon.

Whose profile? And where do you draw a line, and who is making these decisions regarding our natural rights? What if a person suffered from depression 25 years ago?

Whose profile? And where do you draw a line, and who is making these decisions regarding our natural rights? What if a person suffered from depression 25 years ago?

The profile of criminals!

And you are fixated on a mental evaluation when none is needed.

She is patently stupid and she has committed a crime with a lethal weapon. The penalty for that crime should be that she loses her 2A rights to possess a gun.

Or are you arguing that all criminals have a 2A right to own guns?

She is patently stupid and she has committed a crime with a lethal weapon. The penalty for that crime should be that she loses her 2A rights to possess a gun.

So, you think she should lose her right for the rest of her life? She loses the right to defend herself?

I agree. Deflection is dangerous. The first shot takes the glass, the second tap goes to the head.

It's idiots like you who make responsible gun owners like me cringe. Kill a shoplifter? Since when did shoplifting warrant the death penalty? You are the type of person who should relinquish their right to bear arms, seriously. I question your mental capacity to exercise good judgment and I suspect you have some underlying psychological issues that should prohibit your access to firearms. Kill a shoplifter? You are one fucked up individual and you should really try thinking before you ever post again, at the very least before you post on topics such as this. You add nothing to the argument favoring gun ownership, and it could be argued, successfully, that you hinder the afore mentioned argument.

As to the woman in the story, she's a fucking idiot just like Likkmee. Just like Likkmee, she adds nothing to the argument favoring gun ownership, and it could be argued, successfully, that she hinders the argument. At the very least she should lose her CCW. Permanently.

Why not a mandatory safety class? She did a stupid thing, but she was involved in committing a "crime" so to speak with it.

I agree. Deflection is dangerous. The first shot takes the glass, the second tap goes to the head.

It's idiots like you who make responsible gun owners like me cringe. Kill a shoplifter? Since when did shoplifting warrant the death penalty? You are the type of person who should relinquish their right to bear arms, seriously. I question your mental capacity to exercise good judgment and I suspect you have some underlying psychological issues that should prohibit your access to firearms. Kill a shoplifter? You are one fucked up individual and you should really try thinking before you ever post again, at the very least before you post on topics such as this. You add nothing to the argument favoring gun ownership, and it could be argued, successfully, that you hinder the afore mentioned argument.

As to the woman in the story, she's a fucking idiot just like Likkmee. Just like Likkmee, she adds nothing to the argument favoring gun ownership, and it could be argued, successfully, that she hinders the argument. At the very least she should lose her CCW. Permanently.

I would agree if she had fired her weapon in the commission of a violent crime. Then she should be locked up and lose her rights.

Do you also think we should apply these standards to drivers? Obviously, there are a LOT of stupid drivers on the roadways who cause a lot of deaths every year.

So, you think she should lose her right for the rest of her life? She loses the right to defend herself?

She hasn't forfeited her "right to defend herself".

There are plenty of other effective means to defend herself.

I would agree if she had fired her weapon in the commission of a violent crime. Then she should be locked up and lose her rights.

Do you also think we should apply these standards to drivers? Obviously, there are a LOT of stupid drivers on the roadways who cause a lot of deaths every year.

The purpose of a vehicle is not to kill. The purpose of a gun is to kill.

Your drivers license is a privilege that the state can revoke for the rest of your life if it considers you to be a danger to others on the road because you did stupid things like drink and drive.

This stupid woman exposed herself as a danger to others and therefore forfeited her right to own and carry a gun.

She hasn't forfeited her "right to defend herself".

There are plenty of other effective means to defend herself.

Now, I don't own a gun or anything but for a woman like myself, a gun is the ultimate "equalizer." :D I don't have the size, strength or height to fight off a would be full-grown male attacker.

The purpose of a vehicle is not to kill. The purpose of a gun is to kill.

Your drivers license is a privilege that the state can revoke for the rest of your life if it considers you to be a danger to others on the road because you did stupid things like drink and drive.

This stupid woman exposed herself as a danger to others and therefore forfeited her right to own and carry a gun.

The purpose of a gun is to protect yourself. Most acts of "self defense" the victim never fires a shot.

She exercised extremely poor judgment discharging her firearm the way she did. Hands down, no arguing otherwise. for that reason and that alone she should lose her CCW. I don't necessarily think she should lose her right to gun ownership, I would leave that to local authorities. I will say that I wouldn't want to be her neighbor...

As for drivers...

DUI, one should cost a driver their license for a minimum of one year. Two and it's all over, take the bus. Texting, same. Stupid, well, let's just say I wouldn't be vehemently opposed to taking them off the road...

Forum List

Back