Zone1 Remember a while back when i warned everyone, once the cities get picked clean, that the crime would migrate to the burbs? Yep, near me.

I didn't say they did and you are being intentionally obtuse or you are not as informed about the happenings in TN as you would have us believe. I don't use drugs. Maybe you should check what you are drinking.
The ones you may be referring to were not BLM/antifa riots. I support the original action of the state house in kicking those assholes out, for trying to command the floor with a bullhorn. If you think TN cities burned amid protests by either of these groups, feel free to enlighten me. As for the mass shooter at that private church school, she had attended as a child. She had no criminal record, was a nut ball trans person, and from the time it opened fire to the time Metro police shot it dead was 14 minutes. If you are unhappy, feel free to spend your tourist dollars elsewhere. Tennessee will not miss you. If necessary, neither will Metro Nashville police.

I've lived in this country for over 94 years. It's never had morals. Some say the 50s were a time of morals. I call bs to that. People were robotic and very unhappy. People who say the 50s were great are proven liars.

Suuuuuure you have....

The ones you may be referring to were not BLM/antifa riots. I support the original action of the state house in kicking those assholes out, for trying to command the floor with a bullhorn. If you think TN cities burned amid protests by either of these groups, feel free to enlighten me. As for the mass shooter at that private church school, she had attended as a child. She had no criminal record, was a nut ball trans person, and from the time it opened fire to the time Metro police shot it dead was 14 minutes. If you are unhappy, feel free to spend your tourist dollars elsewhere. Tennessee will not miss you. If necessary, neither will Metro Nashville police.
Testy, testy. I didn't say they were BLM/Antifa. The point is that TN is no more Valhalla than any place else and when you try to disingenuously attempt to paint it in that light while calling out other cities/states for the same thing, it is hypocritical. I said as much when we started this conversation.

Living within 50 miles of a city of 1 Million + is Suicide

I live in a metro area of about 2.9 million, about 25 miles from the downtown proper.

In the 14 years we have been here we had our car broken into once, and that was while my wife was working. The car was a Kia and it being broken into had more to do with the car than the city.

Other than that we have not had any crime affect us in any way.

I am 86, so before I know it, I am going to ...

But I remember the 1950s here in Los Angeles.

Was it a perfect decade?

Of course, not.

But people did not even discuss "crime."

If I took a university class at night, the idea that it would be dangerous to walk to my car after class in the dark never even crossed my mind.

One could take public transportation without worrying about being assaulted or murdered, and even the idea of being "sucker punched" on the sidewalk never occurred to anyone.

The 1950s were the last peaceful decade in the history of this "unique" nation.

Last edited:
I just dont remember all this crime happening in America, other than ANTIFA and BLM, with President Trump. Obama, had his "Workplace Violence" which were radical Muslims going around murdering innocent people, but with Joe Biden (Obama's VP) now in the White House, with all this poverty and misery, more people are resorting to robbery instead of a hard days work. Tell me, are those flash mob robberies all over the Democrat run cities, normal?

I guess your memory is questionable eh?

I could go on. But you’ll just blame Democrats.

I live in a metro area of about 2.9 million, about 25 miles from the downtown proper.

In the 14 years we have been here we had our car broken into once, and that was while my wife was working. The car was a Kia and it being broken into had more to do with the car than the city.

Other than that we have not had any crime affect us in any way.
How nice , wait til the Arab Street Summer of love after the Mid Winter discontent

I am 86, so before I know it, I am going to ...

But I remember the 1950s here in Los Angeles.

Was it a perfect decade?

Of course, not.

But people did not even discuss "crime."

If I took a university class at night, the idea that it would be dangerous to walk to my car after class in the dark never even crossed my mind.

One could take public transportation without worrying about being assaulted or murdered, and even the idea of being "sucker punched" on the sidewalk never occurred to anyone.

The 1950s were the last peaceful decade in the history of this "unique" nation.
Growing up in Culver City / Beverly Hills Los Angeles was heaven on earth from After the War up until the Mid 70s ( The Writing was on the wall in late 80s and I escaped ( Semi Retired ) to Ultra Rural Eastern Shasta County In 98

I think it is societal and has nothing to do with Biden, Trump, or Obama.

Like those two kids who ran down that retired police officer in Las Vegas.

Their execution should be a public short-drop hanging.
So you are blaming the Society for the actions of people who not only robbed, but possibly could of killed innocent children? Man, oh, man, you sure seem to be very indoctrinated into the Marxist way.

Do you think that if people were happy in their lives, that they would need to steal from others? Would they have to go out and run over people, for their kicks, if they were happy people? When President Trump was in office, you rarely heard any events like these, other than the planned attacks on Democrat Run cities by BLM/ANTIFA who got their marching orders from higher ups to try to make President Trump look bad.....Then when Joe Biden stole the 2020 election, i warned that violence was going to escalate to the levels of Obama again, and Joe proved me wrong by making it much worse, because poverty and misery makes people do bad things....

Forum List

Back