A rape survivor talks about the ability to use a gun for self defense.....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Disarmed by leftists, she was violently raped....now she talks about the attack....

As I heard the news about a mass shooting at the University of Nevada at Las Vegas (UNLV), I immediately recalled an event sixteen years ago during my Junior year at the University of Nevada Reno. I was raped in the parking garage only feet away from the campus police officer. As this stranger raped me, I could see the police cruisers parked for the night, and I knew no one was coming for me. The man who raped me at gunpoint did so in a gun-free zone.

My rapist, just like Wednesday’s mass shooter at the University of Nevada, took advantage of the gun-free zone, ensuring that his victims would be defenseless. How does rendering me, a law-abiding citizen, defenseless protect anyone against a violent crime?

Eventually, the man who raped me was caught, but not before, also raping two other women and murdering one of them.

At the time of my attack, I had obtained my CCW permit for the personal choice of not wanting to be a defenseless target. The University of Nevada still bans permit holders from carrying firearms on campus. As a law-abiding citizen, I left my firearm at home; consequently, the very law meant to ensure my safety only guaranteed the criminal an unmatched victim.

The question plaguing me is: what would have been different if I’d been carrying my weapon that night? I know. Had I been carrying my firearm that night, I would have been able to stop my attack as it was in progress. Consequently, the rapist would have never raped two other women. Any survivor of rape can understand that the young woman I was walking into the parking garage that night was not the same woman who left. My life has never been the same after my attack. Legalized concealed campus carry would have saved my family, who happens to be the collateral damage in my story, and me a great deal of untold torment.

My case is a perfect example: despite law enforcement’s best efforts to ensure our safety, they cannot be everywhere simultaneously. All I wanted was a chance to defend myself effectively. The choice to participate in one’s defense should be left to the individual. The government should not make that choice. As a law-abiding citizen, I should not have to hand over my safety to a third party. The legislators across this country continue to effectively legislate women like me into being victims by stripping away our Second Amendment rights. Lawmakers opposed to campus carry are more intimidated by law-abiding citizens like me sitting in class with their permitted weapons than of the rapist waiting for me in the parking garage. Most people are unaware that 1 in 4 women will be raped while attending college, and 1/3 of them occur on their college campus.

Last edited:
Disarmed by leftists, she was violently raped....now she talks about the attack....

As I heard the news about a mass shooting at the University of Nevada at Las Vegas (UNLV), I immediately recalled an event sixteen years ago during my Junior year at the University of Nevada Reno. I was raped in the parking garage only feet away from the campus police officer. As this stranger raped me, I could see the police cruisers parked for the night, and I knew no one was coming for me. The man who raped me at gunpoint did so in a gun-free zone.

My rapist, just like Wednesday’s mass shooter at the University of Nevada, took advantage of the gun-free zone, ensuring that his victims would be defenseless. How does rendering me, a law-abiding citizen, defenseless protect anyone against a violent crime?

Eventually, the man who raped me was caught, but not before, also raping two other women and murdering one of them.

At the time of my attack, I had obtained my CCW permit for the personal choice of not wanting to be a defenseless target. The University of Nevada still bans permit holders from carrying firearms on campus. As a law-abiding citizen, I left my firearm at home; consequently, the very law meant to ensure my safety only guaranteed the criminal an unmatched victim.

The question plaguing me is: what would have been different if I’d been carrying my weapon that night? I know. Had I been carrying my firearm that night, I would have been able to stop my attack as it was in progress. Consequently, the rapist would have never raped two other women. Any survivor of rape can understand that the young woman I was walking into the parking garage that night was not the same woman who left. My life has never been the same after my attack. Legalized concealed campus carry would have saved my family, who happens to be the collateral damage in my story, and me a great deal of untold torment.

My case is a perfect example: despite law enforcement’s best efforts to ensure our safety, they cannot be everywhere simultaneously. All I wanted was a chance to defend myself effectively. The choice to participate in one’s defense should be left to the individual. The government should not make that choice. As a law-abiding citizen, I should not have to hand over my safety to a third party. The legislators across this country continue to effectively legislate women like me into being victims by stripping away our Second Amendment rights. Lawmakers opposed to campus carry are more intimidated by law-abiding citizens like me sitting in class with their permitted weapons than of the rapist waiting for me in the parking garage. Most people are unaware that 1 in 4 women will be raped while attending college, and 1/3 of them occur on their college campus.

Gunpoint is not the only method rapists use, and whether it's rape by holding a weapon or weaponizing an opportunity on a date is still rape, and calling it "date rape" does not begin to describe the agony it puts its victim through after the heartless deed is done. Marriage is another opportunity, even though it's a lot more complicated than other forms of rape including best friend's rape, group rape, etc. The least known and most unusual rape is that of a woman raping a man. Sex that seduces someone for the pleasure of one and the torture of another that is ignored by the rapist. It's just that simple. A person who has been raped knows it.

People defending themselves means less need for police and judges and lawyers and jailers and the taxes that fund them.

They want to keep that job security going.

Forum List

Back