Why Would Trump Hold Onto Anything From His Presidency That Would Give ANYONE Grounds to Invade His Private Space With a Search Warrant?

I will leave Mac alone when he stops lying about "Trumpsters".

The rest is bald nonsense
No, the rest you don’t want to accept because you are angry your candidate didn’t win!

The only time the system isn’t cheating is when the candidate you voted for win the election and the rest of the time it is cheating for Deep State.

All Trump had to do is turn over everything and then fight it in court, but Trump being Trump he knew those like you would go insane if he was raised by the FBI and bam the money start rolling in!

Last edited:
No, the rest you don’t want to accept because you are angry your candidate didn’t win!

The only time the system isn’t cheating is when the candidate you voted for win the election and the rest of the time it is cheating for Deep State.

All Trump had to do is turn over everything and then fight it in court, but ateunp being Trump he knew those like you would go insane if he was raised by the FBI and bam the money start rolling in!

I wasn't even rooting for Trump to be the candidate in 2024. A search of my posts will show this. I wanted DeSantis.

But you know what's worse than Biden, Trump, or anything?

An unelected cabal of bureaucrats who are not beholden to ANY of us and yet run everything.

You all are too dull or indoctrinated or who knows what to see THAT.

He said it in front of the camera crew when they were filming Trump trying to read from the US Constitution.

Dyslexia

d-Y-s-l-e-x-i-a

I normally don't care about spelling but when you're attempting to ding people about how they can't read or write properly...it's important. And you spelled it wrong.

I wasn't even rooting for Trump to be the candidate in 2024. A search of my posts will show this. I wanted DeSantis.

But you know what's worse than Biden, Trump, or anything?

An unelected cabal of bureaucrats who are not beholden to ANY of us and yet run everything.

You all are too dull or indoctrinated or who knows what to see THAT.
Again, this has been going on before you were even born but alas if Trump win in 2024 all will be good and you will sing Praises to the Heavens while the left screams “ He Cheated! “…

Same nonsense just a different day…

View attachment 687739

NO ONE ever called Trump a "mastermind" except himself, but YES, he is THAT stupid.
But a "genius" compared to his cult.

I voted for Trump because of his policies and I can assure you that I am more intelligent and successful than the vast majority of Democrats, particularly those that voted for Biden or didn’t vote for Trump because he is “orange” or whatever other grade school excuse they had. I don’t care if he is a mastermind or not, his policies made sense for the benefit of the US.

I voted for Trump because of his policies and I can assure you that I am more intelligent and successful
Sure..................just like Trump.

"Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart," Trump tweeted. He added that being elected president "on my first try" should "qualify as not smart, but genius ... and a very stable genius at that!"

Average intelligent people don't vote for retards.
than the vast majority of Democrats, particularly those that voted for Biden or didn’t vote for Trump because he is “orange” or whatever other grade school excuse they had.
That's true.
Then again why would "intelligent" people vote for a lying, grifter?
That's stupidity.
I don’t care if he is a mastermind or not, his policies made sense for the benefit of the US.
Trump's policies benefitted Trump, not America or Americans, not even his cult.

Maybe I'm just being naive but why give people LEGAL grounds to come after you?

That's like leaving a job, especially if involuntarily and deciding to keep one of the cell phones that you've been using for both work and personal calls and then refusing or not wanting to turn it over when asked for it. I understand that having your own personal items mixed in with your work items presents a dilemma but you don't deal with it by lying about what you're holding and then not turning over everything that is asked for.

Unless I'm missing something, does Trump or anyone else believe he's entitled to keep classified, top secret documents at his home? Why would he not turn these items over? Just general principle?

Former President Trump is asking a federal court to appoint a special master to review the documents the FBI seized from Mar-a-Lago this month during a court-authorized search.​
In a motion filed in federal court in Florida, Trump also is seeking to prevent the government from further reviewing the documents that were taken until a special master is appointed, and he wants the government to provide more details on items that were taken during the search.​
The legal action is the first from Trump's attorneys since FBI agents executed a search warrant at Mar-a-Lago two weeks ago.​
"Law enforcement is a shield that protects Americans. It cannot be used as a weapon for political purposes," the filing says. "Therefore, we seek judicial assistance in the aftermath of an unprecedented and unnecessary raid on President Trump's home at Mar-a-Lago."​
Trump's attorneys argue that the search raises Fourth Amendment concerns and that the warrant used was overly broad. They also say the department took the unprecedented step of searching the former president's home despite what Trump's attorneys say was his voluntary assistance with investigators over several months.​
In a statement, Justice Department spokesman Anthony Coley reiterated that the search warrant at Mar-a-Lago was "authorized by a federal court upon the required finding of probable cause."​
The department is aware of Trump's motion, he said, and will file its response in court.​
Last Friday, the judge in the case, U.S. Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart, gave the Justice Department one week to provide a redacted copy of the affidavit used to justify the unprecedented search of Trump's residence. Multiple media organizations had asked the judge to unseal all documents related to the search, notably the affidavit laying out the reasoning and research. At a hearing last Thursday, the organizations said they do not want to release any information that would have a chilling effect on current or future witnesses, endanger people involved in the probe or compromise the investigation.​
Read the full warrant documents from FBI search of Trump's Mar-a-Lago home's Mar-a-Lago home

The Justice Department argued at the hearing that redacting the affidavit would leave no information of substance to release and also noted that the search itself and release of the warrant last week had created a volatile situation where FBI agents have already received death threats.​
The Justice Department must give Reinhart their proposed redacted version by Thursday at noon. The judge has not said what, if anything, he will ultimately order made public.​

While the Justice Department asked the court to unseal the warrant, citing intense public interest, it has argued strongly against releasing the affidavit, saying doing so could compromise its investigation, other probes, the possibility of future witness cooperation and the safety of agents and individuals named in the affidavit.​
The warrant shows that FBI agents retrieved documents labeled classified, secret, top secret and confidential as well potential presidential records. It also reveals that the Justice Department is investigating the potential violation of three federal statutes, including the Espionage Act and obstruction of justice.​
The genesis of the investigation comes from an unlikely source: the National Archives. This winter the agency, in charge of cataloguing and storing important government documents, retrieved 15 boxes of key presidential records that it said Trump was improperly and possibly illegally keeping at home.​

The answer is. He didn't keep anything.

If he did then back in January why didn't they ask for them then?

Back in January the national archives already asked for some documents back which they handed over, without a raid. If these raid documents were so important that it was worth a raid why didn't they ask for them 8 months ago?

It doesn't matter if he kept a cocktail napkin from the oval office where he scribbled down a reminder to have his dry cleaning picked up, they would have raided him because this isn't a out classified documents or anything. It's about a desperate play to do anything to keep him from running and sending a message to other Republicans "this is what happens when you mess with us".

The answer is. He didn't keep anything.
No, it isn't.
If he did then back in January why didn't they ask for them then?
They did.

Back in January the national archives already asked for some documents back which they handed over, without a raid. If these raid documents were so important that it was worth a raid why didn't they ask for them 8 months ago?
Trump agreed to return some of the documents in January of 2022; NARA officials then retrieved fifteen boxes from Mar-a-Lago.

But not all of the documents were returned. After NARA discovered that some of the documents they had retrieved were classified, the Department of Justice (DOJ) subpoenaed Trump to return more classified documents in June.

As part of that subpoena, Trump was required to attest that he had returned all classified material, which one of his lawyers did on his behalf. But after an informer — and surveillance footage from Mar-a-Lago — alerted the DOJ to the fact that more classified material was being kept at the estate, the FBI executed a search warrant in early August to retrieve the missing documents.
It doesn't matter if he kept a cocktail napkin from the oval office where he scribbled down a reminder to have his dry cleaning picked up, they would have raided him because this isn't a out classified documents or anything. It's about a desperate play to do anything to keep him from running and sending a message to other Republicans "this is what happens when you mess with us".
Sure it is.
Trump isa lying criminal.

I voted for Trump because of his policies and I can assure you that I am more intelligent and successful than the vast majority of Democrats, particularly those that voted for Biden or didn’t vote for Trump because he is “orange” or whatever other grade school excuse they had. I don’t care if he is a mastermind or not, his policies made sense for the benefit of the US.

Right. Trump put US soybean farmers on welfare and sent the Chinese soybean market to Brazil.

Sure..................just like Trump.

"Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart," Trump tweeted. He added that being elected president "on my first try" should "qualify as not smart, but genius ... and a very stable genius at that!"

Average intelligent people don't vote for retards.

That's true.
Then again why would "intelligent" people vote for a lying, grifter?
That's stupidity.

Trump's policies benefitted Trump, not America or Americans, not even his cult.

Yep. Australia was thrilled when Trump pulled out of the TPP.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

1661609322771.png

She quickly became a regular at Mara Lago.
Just like the Russian spy, Maria Butina.

A constant figure

Butina is best known for infiltrating the Republican Party and seeking to influence the 2016 election in favor of Donald Trump. She cultivated relationships among the conservative movement alongside her boss, Alexander Torshin, a high-level official from Putin’s party who donated to the NRA as a “life member” and later was sanctioned by the US government.

After Butina’s downfall, the NRA sought to distance itself and claimed it had no knowledge of Butina’s foreign activities. But as I and my colleague Hannah Levintova reported in a 2019 investigation, while Butina was spending time with NRA leaders David Keene, Wayne LaPierre and others, information publicly available on social media and from other sources made clear that Butina was aggressively working against US national security interests.
Last week, Butina posted video of herself on social media in which she penned a white “Z” on her jacket lapel to show her support for Russian troops invading Ukraine. The Z has become a prominent pro-war symbol, after appearing on Russian tanks and armored vehicles as they massed along Ukraine’s border.

You as a Prog concentrate on his personality. That is modern politics. I concentrated on the survival of a sovereign nation. The personal crap means little to Trump as he promoted less interference in an individual's life as compared to Progs. The governor of Michigan if lost in the hinterlands will never make it back to the hustle, bustle of modern lovable and rich Detroit.
So the ends justify the means? I find integrity, or what you refer to as personal crap, to be quite important. There was once a time when the right had integrity, too, but that was long before trump, and he made sure any remnants left of it in his party were competely expunged.

So the ends justify the means? I find integrity, or what you refer to as personal crap, to be quite important. There was once a time when the right had integrity, too, but that was long before trump, and he made sure any remnants left of it in his party were competely expunged.

Trump loves revenge.

Trump has always been too naive about his treatment by the government. He still has not fully realized that the FBI/DOJ is out to get him at all costs, and that he should not just look at the legality of his actions, but also their potential for opening him up to abuse by his enemies in those agencies. He still clings to the hope that he will at last be treated fairly, and is surprised every time that he is not.

Trump used his constitutional power as president to declassify documents. He was taking documents with him as he left office, as ever single American president in history has done. Even though he declassified the specific documents, the information in them was sensitive and could reveal classified information, so he consulted with the FBI about properly storing them and took their advice on security for them.

He did not stop to think that having a document marked "SECRET" in his home, even though declassified, could give the FBI excuse to raid him, and the DOJ excuse to leak their musings on what crimes they might be able to accuse him of in order to influence another election. He did not pause to imagine the FBI showing the public a declassified document with a marking still on it, knowing that TDS would prevent half the public from understanding that it was declassified.

Since the Stzok/Page texts came out - as well as numerous equally odious texts from other FBI personnel still on his case - he should have acted at all times as if the most powerful law enforcement agencies in the world are out to get him by any means necessary.

They are.

Good point, OP.

Maybe I'm just being naive but why give people LEGAL grounds to come after you?
Well, as the late Associate Justice Scalia liked to say: criminals are stupid.

Some of it is the arrogance and hubris of Trump – criminals don’t think they’ll get caught.

Some if it was a Trump temper-tantrum having been voted out of office – taking classified documents because he’s ‘still president.’

But mostly it’s incompetence and stupidity, the consequence of a hurried departure from the WH. The recently disclosed affidavit indicated that classified documents were found among newspapers and other common items.

It’s Trump being reckless and irresponsible as usual, it’s Trump being unfit to hold any public office, it’s Trump the lazy, clueless dullard.

Forum List

Back