Why Should God Let You Into Heaven?

Guys, please lets stay on topic and keep this thread civil and about the O.P. For those who reply- we assume that 1. You believe there is a God and 2. want to go to Heaven. Thanks in advance.....

so, why should God let you into Heaven after you die? (serious replies only please).

Many reasons people are allowed into heaven. Yes, Jesus is the judge of all of mankind so none come to the Father but through Christ.

The real scary part for me though is that so many believer presume it is all guaranteed for them. Not so.

Guys, please lets stay on topic and keep this thread civil and about the O.P. For those who reply- we assume that 1. You believe there is a God and 2. want to go to Heaven. Thanks in advance.....

so, why should God let you into Heaven after you die? (serious replies only please).

Assuming God and Heaven both exist, I wouldn't wanna go to Heaven. I'd rather not exist than be bound to the commandments for all eternity. Heaven or Paradise when I have to be 100% frum the whole while is not my idea of paradise. :)

Assuming God and Heaven both exist, I wouldn't wanna go to Heaven. I'd rather not exist than be bound to the commandments for all eternity. Heaven or Paradise when I have to be 100% frum the whole while is not my idea of paradise. :)
would it truly be heaven for the rest of us if you were there?......all that whining would be such a downer.......

I've done nothing, NOTHING, that should get me set on fire forever.

Listen to this excellent discourse on God's just punishment for sins. It explains why the punishment is forever in Hell.

not gunna listen to a hour long show just so some ruthless ass can explain why I burn forever and hilter, if baptized, is in heaven

Actually, there is absolutely no requirement for anyone's going to Heaven. Christ is coming back and will set up an earthly kingdom here where those who partake of the first resurrection will reign with Christ. It is Christ's very mission, given Him by the Father, that He save all. The Bible clearly states that Christ will save all in due time.

Actually, there is absolutely no requirement for anyone's going to Heaven. Christ is coming back and will set up an earthly kingdom here where those who partake of the first resurrection will reign with Christ. It is Christ's very mission, given Him by the Father, that He save all. The Bible clearly states that Christ will save all in due time.

He doesn't save all- what are you talking about? Only those who accept Him as Savior are saved. And the reason you go to Heaven is because of Jesus- that is it. Hell is a real place and everyone is going there who are not born again believers.

He doesn't save all- what are you talking about? Only those who accept Him as Savior are saved. And the reason you go to Heaven is because of Jesus- that is it. Hell is a real place and everyone is going there who are not born again believers.

Could you give me directions as to exactly where Hell is? I looked it up on my world globe and could not find it anywhere. Hell is merely the grave. The dead are dead period.

Actually, it is you fundamentalist who have proclaimed Christ to have failed miserably in the very mission the Father sent Him to accomplish.

This is Christ's mission as dictated by the Father:

1Jn_4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

This is what Paul said about that mission and its final outcome:

1Ti_4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

Could you give me directions as to exactly where Hell is? I looked it up on my world globe and could not find it anywhere. Hell is merely the grave. The dead are dead period.

Actually, it is you fundamentalist who have proclaimed Christ to have failed miserably in the very mission the Father sent Him to accomplish.

1Jn_4:14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

1Ti_4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

hell is a real place.

Sadly, there are countless people who twist the Scriptures in an attempt to teach that Hell is not what the Bible says it is... a place of flaming torment.

The Bible contains an overwhelming amount of irrefutable evidence teaching that Hell is indeed a literal place of torment, where those who die in their sins without Jesus Christ are punished in flaming fire and vengeance by God (2nd Thessalonians 1:8,9).
Here are many Scriptures to consider...

Numbers 26:10…

“And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up together with Korah, when that company died, what time the fire devoured two hundred and fifty men: and they became a sign.”

Korah and the men who rebelled with him against Moses were swallowed into Hell beneath.

Psalm 9:17…

“The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.”

Carefully notice that "hell" here cannot merely mean "the grave" as some foolishly teach. For if "hell" only means the grave, then where do the righteous go? The Bible plainly teaches that the righteous and the wicked do NOT go to the same place. The wicked are turned into Hell; but the righteous unto life eternal.

Psalm 139:8…

“If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.”

The contrast here is between Heaven and Hell; not between Heaven and the grave. Also notice the interesting phrase... "If I make my bed in hell." Everyone who goes to Hell chooses to go there by rejecting Jesus as their Christ. It is sinful men who make their own bed in Hell. No sinner must go to Hell. The gift of eternal life is freely offered to all mankind through faith in Christ Jesus (John 14:6; Acts 10:43; Revelation 22:17).

Isaiah 5:14…

“Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.”

It wouldn't make any sense if "hell" merely meant the grave. What point would there be in condemning the wicked to hell if that's the same place where the righteous go? Clearly, Hell is a place only for the wicked who die in their sins. The righteous go to heaven to be with the Lord (2nd Corinthians 5:8).

Ezekiel 31:16…

“I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to hell with them that descend into the pit…”

Clearly, this Scripture defines "hell" as being more than the grave. The Bible speaks about "descending into the pit." The Bible also speaks of being "cast into Hell," which clearly implies judgment from a holy God. If "hell" merely meant grave as Mormons, Jehovah's Witness and other false prophets teach, then God would have said that the righteous shall be cast into hell too; but the Bible NEVER says that anywhere!!! Only the wicked shall be cast into Hell, a bottomless pit, where Satan is called "the angel of the bottomless pit" (Revelation 9:11).

Matthew 5:28,29…

“But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.”

The Bible plainly teaches that all sinners are condemned to Hell. If "hell" simply means grave, then what harm or worry is there in fornicating, getting drunk, raping, murdering, partying with illegal drugs and committing all sorts of other sins? There would be none. If there is NO place of punishment in eternity, then there is NO justice for all the victims of crimes committed in this earthly life. So then what advantage is there to being righteous? If one believes that the Bible is God's Word, then you absolutely must believe that Hell is a literal place of torment and anguish, that burns with searing flames of fire and brimstone, where sinners are punished for their sins against a holy God.

Matthew 16:18…

“And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”

This is a very interesting Scripture. The word "gates" denotes the entrance (also the exit) of Hell. I heard one preacher say that the gates of Hell cannot prevent the Gospel from snatching souls from the depths of Hell. Of course, one who dies in their sins without the Lord is hopelessly lost for ever and ever. There are no second chances once a soul leaves this earthly life. There is NO such place as Purgatory and no amount of prayer or contributions to one's church can lessen God's flaming vengeance upon those who die in their sins without Jesus Christ.

This Scripture plainly teaches that the Church's arch enemy is Satan and the forces of Hell. We also see this evidenced by Ephesians 6:12. Our battle is not against flesh and blood (humanity); but against principalities, powers and spiritual wickedness in high places (the gates of Hell).

hell is a real place.

Sadly, there are countless people who twist the Scriptures in an attempt to teach that Hell is not what the Bible says it is... a place of flaming torment.

The Bible contains an overwhelming amount of irrefutable evidence teaching that Hell is indeed a literal place of torment, where those who die in their sins without Jesus Christ are punished in flaming fire and vengeance by God (2nd Thessalonians 1:8,9).

“And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them up together with Korah, when that company died, what time the fire devoured two hundred and fifty men: and they became a sign.”

Korah and the men who rebelled with him against Moses were swallowed into Hell beneath.

Carefully notice that "hell" here cannot merely mean "the grave" as some foolishly teach. For if "hell" only means the grave, then where do the righteous go? The Bible plainly teaches that the righteous and the wicked do NOT go to the same place. The wicked are turned into Hell; but the righteous unto life eternal.

“If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.”

The contrast here is between Heaven and Hell; not between Heaven and the grave. Also notice the interesting phrase... "If I make my bed in hell." Everyone who goes to Hell chooses to go there by rejecting Jesus as their Christ. It is sinful men who make their own bed in Hell. No sinner must go to Hell. The gift of eternal life is freely offered to all mankind through faith in Christ Jesus (John 14:6; Acts 10:43; Revelation 22:17).

“Therefore hell hath enlarged herself, and opened her mouth without measure: and their glory, and their multitude, and their pomp, and he that rejoiceth, shall descend into it.”

It wouldn't make any sense if "hell" merely meant the grave. What point would there be in condemning the wicked to hell if that's the same place where the righteous go? Clearly, Hell is a place only for the wicked who die in their sins. The righteous go to heaven to be with the Lord (2nd Corinthians 5:8).

“I made the nations to shake at the sound of his fall, when I cast him down to hell with them that descend into the pit…”

Clearly, this Scripture defines "hell" as being more than the grave. The Bible speaks about "descending into the pit." The Bible also speaks of being "cast into Hell," which clearly implies judgment from a holy God. If "hell" merely meant grave as Mormons, Jehovah's Witness and other false prophets teach, then God would have said that the righteous shall be cast into hell too; but the Bible NEVER says that anywhere!!! Only the wicked shall be cast into Hell, a bottomless pit, where Satan is called "the angel of the bottomless pit" (Revelation 9:11).

“But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.”

The Bible plainly teaches that all sinners are condemned to Hell. If "hell" simply means grave, then what harm or worry is there in fornicating, getting drunk, raping, murdering, partying with illegal drugs and committing all sorts of other sins? There would be none. If there is NO place of punishment in eternity, then there is NO justice for all the victims of crimes committed in this earthly life. So then what advantage is there to being righteous? If one believes that the Bible is God's Word, then you absolutely must believe that Hell is a literal place of torment and anguish, that burns with searing flames of fire and brimstone, where sinners are punished for their sins against a holy God.

“And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”

This is a very interesting Scripture. The word "gates" denotes the entrance (also the exit) of Hell. I heard one preacher say that the gates of Hell cannot prevent the Gospel from snatching souls from the depths of Hell. Of course, one who dies in their sins without the Lord is hopelessly lost for ever and ever. There are no second chances once a soul leaves this earthly life. There is NO such place as Purgatory and no amount of prayer or contributions to one's church can lessen God's flaming vengeance upon those who die in their sins without Jesus Christ.

This Scripture plainly teaches that the Church's arch enemy is Satan and the forces of Hell. We also see this evidenced by Ephesians 6:12. Our battle is not against flesh and blood (humanity); but against principalities, powers and spiritual wickedness in high places (the gates of Hell).

Heaven (and Hell) don't exist. When a living being dies it ceases all conscious functions. It's why most of us avoid dying. If anyone really believed in an afterlife they'd...Well be Muslim and suicide bombers I suppose. :) But I take vitamins and look both ways before crossing a street as I don't believe in any continuation of perception after my body stops working properly.

hell is a real place.

There is nothing in all those scriptures except your injecting what you think you see there. It's simply not there. If anyone was in a place of fiery punishment, he wouldn't know he was there and would feel no pain.

Ecc_9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Psa_146:4 His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish.

Job_14:21 His sons come to honour, and he knoweth it not; and they are brought low, but he perceiveth it not of them.

Job_21:32 Yet shall he be brought to the grave, and shall remain in the tomb.

Psa_6:5 For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?

Ecc_9:10 Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

You really do need to get away from false doctrines, my Brother.

If there is a heaven and hell, then hell is the preferable destination. For in heaven you will spend eternity with a being who thought hell was a good idea. Plus the music is better.

OP, God should let you into Heaven for the same reason you're parents let you in their house. You belong to them and they love you, and it is where you belong.
When you re-pent, you return to the highest level, (as in penthouse) where we belong.

And Max, good post:

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast."

Grace is an unmerited (unearned) gift from God. It's God sovereign will that he gives the gift of mercy (salvation) to some people by bringing them to faith in Jesus Christ.

What is salvation?
-Saved from.

Saved from what?
-Punishment for sins in Hell.

Why must God punish sinners for their sins?
-It's God's will.

Why does God will it be so?
-It's due to the character of God.

What is God's character?
-One of God's perfect infinite characteristics is Holy Justice.

What is Holy Justice?
-God's perfect justice. It means God wills punishment for all sins. All sins are punished according to what the sins are.

If God wills punishment for all sins, no matter how small, how can he grants salvation to sinners?
-Jesus Christ took the punishment for the sins of all who have faith in him, as required by God's Holy Justice, on the cross.

Who is granted this gift of salvation by the grace of God?
-It's God's will that he elects some sinners to grant the gift of mercy. These sinners are called the elect. The saints is another way to call these sinners.

Why does God grant salvation to only some sinners, not all sinners?
-Mercy is a gift that is not required to be given. Mercy is contrasted to justice. Justice is required action from God.

The only thing I would add is that the gift of salvation is offered to all. I know that because Christ left no one out. He removed the sins of the world, the original, and those we have added to it. Any one can come to the foot of the cross and receive redemption. Not all will, but all have the opportunity.

God has to be 100% just as in justice, and 100% merciful as in forgiveness and favor we don't deserve. Through Christ, God accomplished the first task. That role, the one of Judge, has been fulfilled for all of those who accept the propitiation Christ offers, which in turn allows God to revert to the role of the loving Father He started out as, who is quick to forgive and cover His children.
Thank Christ for taking our place in court, and allowing our sentence to be carried out on Him.
Accept Christ's gift, and re-pent. To the highest level. Where we belong, as children of the Most High, and co-heirs with our Savior, Jesus.

OP, God should let you into Heaven for the same reason you're parents let you in their house. You belong to them and they love you, and it is where you belong.
When you re-pent, you return to the highest level, (as in penthouse) where we belong.

And Max, good post:

"For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast."

Grace is an unmerited (unearned) gift from God. It's God sovereign will that he gives the gift of mercy (salvation) to some people by bringing them to faith in Jesus Christ.

What is salvation?
-Saved from.

Saved from what?

-It's God's will.

What is God's character?

What is Holy Justice?
-God's perfect justice. It means God wills punishment for all sins. All sins are punished according to what the sins are.

If God wills punishment for all sins, no matter how small, how can he grants salvation to sinners?
-Jesus Christ took the punishment for the sins of all who have faith in him, as required by God's Holy Justice, on the cross.

-It's God's will that he elects some sinners to grant the gift of mercy. These sinners are called the elect. The saints is another way to call these sinners.

-Mercy is a gift that is not required to be given. Mercy is contrasted to justice. Justice is required action from God.

The only thing I would add is that the gift of salvation is offered to all. I know that because Christ left no one out. He removed the sins of the world, the original, and those we have added to it. Any one can come to the foot of the cross and receive redemption. Not all will, but all have the opportunity.

God has to be 100% just as in justice, and 100% merciful as in forgiveness and favor we don't deserve. Through Christ, God accomplished the first task. That role, the one of Judge, has been fulfilled for all of those who accept the propitiation Christ offers, which in turn allows God to revert to the role of the loving Father He started out as, who is quick to forgive and cover His children.
Thank Christ for taking our place in court, and allowing our sentence to be carried out on Him.
Accept Christ's gift, and re-pent. To the highest level. Where we belong, as children of the Most High, and co-heirs with our Savior, Jesus.

Thank you. It's true that the gift of salvation is offered to all sinners, if only they would accept it. However, being sinners they love sins and if left to their own will, they will never have faith in Jesus Christ.

God, being merciful, chooses to bring the elect to faith in Jesus Christ. It's all due to God that the saints come to faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

Mercy is not granted to everyone. If it is given to all, then mercy would be justice.

A good way to think about mercy is to imagine a Presidential pardon for a convicted criminal. That is an act of mercy by the President. It's absurd to think that mercy requires that the President pardons all criminal.

If there is a heaven and hell, then hell is the preferable destination. For in heaven you will spend eternity with a being who thought hell was a good idea. Plus the music is better.

Actually in Hell you will also spend an eternity with an omnipotent wrathful God that delights punishing you for your sins eternally.

Hell is very very bad.

And Max, good post:

What is salvation?
-Saved from.

Saved from what?

-It's God's will.

What is God's character?

What is Holy Justice?

Thank you. It's true that the gift of salvation is offered to all sinners, if only they would accept it. However, being sinners they love sins and if left to their own will, they will never have faith in Jesus Christ.

God, being merciful, chooses to bring the elect to faith in Jesus Christ. It's all due to God that the saints come to faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.

Mercy is not granted to everyone. If it is given to all, then mercy would be justice.

A good way to think about mercy is to imagine a Presidential pardon for a convicted criminal. That is an act of mercy by the President. It's absurd to think that mercy requires that the President pardons all criminal.

Kind of turning a blind eye to the scriptures aren't we?

Rom_11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.

Joh_12:32And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

1Jn_2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Joh_4:42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

1Ti_2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

God is only calling a few in this present age. It will be the job of the resurrected saints to finally teach the truth to all mankind during Christ's Kingdom reign when Satan is locked away and will have no influence. The playing field will be again equal to that time before Satan's appearance in the Garden. Once all mankind has been taught the truth, Satan will be freed again and each man or woman will then make their final decision.

Forum List

Back