Why more and more people distrust Biden and the BIASED MSM..."GA bans volunteers from delivering water, etc. BIG ASS LIE!

Poll workers jobs are to ensure the voters get to vote and laws are followed. IE, make sure Dems are electioneering. It's hardly a undo burden to set a extra table up to place food or drink on..
And if poll workers just don't Feel like doing that?
No water allowed
No the Board does...the Sec of State still very much has a role. Obviously you didn't read the link. There was always a board of elections, and appointed the same way...the only difference is the SoS is not a voting member...taking politics further out of it.
Taking the Sec of State out of it...and making decisions opaque and more partisan than ever
Nope you can still bring your own water, and take handouts from 150 feet before you come.

You are there to vote, not have dinner bro.
et within
2poltical process...this makes it less political...and actually more like our Federal Eleet of afe5 ction Commission

No you cannot. The law says you cannot get within 25 feet of a voter standing in line. Why should anyone be barred from giving someone a bottle of water or a snack bro?
only when the person is in line already....if they aren't in line and you are 150 feet from the poling building you are free to hand it out.

If within 150 feet, or they are already in line...you can donate your water or food...just give it to the polling volunteers, they can set it up in a location free to whomever want it. Really not that big a deal...I am sure they'll look forward to your donations.

Why? Because of electioneering...here is what the SCOTUS said, when Minn created the same law (and Xiden, Stacy Abrams, and the dems said nothing about)

The Minn law: No one except an election official or an individual who is waiting to register or to vote or an individual who is conducting exit polling shall stand within 100 feet of the building in which a polling place is located. Minn. Stat. § 204C.06

The SCOTUS in a 7-2 ruling: We see no basis for rejecting Minnesota’s determination that some forms of advocacy should be excluded from the polling place, to set it aside as an island of calm in which voters can peacefully contemplate their choices. . . . Casting a vote is a weighty civic act, akin to a jury’s return of a verdict, or a representative’s vote on a piece of legislation. It is a time for choosing, not campaigning. The State may reasonably decide that the interior of the polling place should reflect that distinction. Minn. Voters Alliance v. Mansky

That's why...seems pretty reasonable to give people a 150 feet to be left alone

1) sorry I should have said before you were in line. The polls can simply put them on a table, and you are free to walk up and grab one. It's really not that big a deal..
When you are in a two hour line to vote you can't even SEE the polling place where the water. And gee wouldn't it be great to have fights about who lost his place in line right?
WHY AGAIN ARE WE DOING THIS? Has there been a rash of electioneering issues? No? It's just one more stupid way to make voting hard in Dem Districts
2) this law goes a long way to address the long lines..
By shutting down polling places at 5:00 in the afternoon on working days?
NY hasn't change it has it??
Because it's stupid to change laws that are evident. It was clearly put in place BECAUSE water was excepted. There is no other reason for that exception.

And again..you can give out tapwater if you want to strictly follow that NY law.
You can NOT do so in Georgia
thankfully the law will make it so you don't have to wait that long....but if you are that concerned bring your own water with you. Why would you go to a voting place expecting them to give you food and drink? It's not McDonalds.

No there hasn't...because there have been laws against it for quite some time. Yes, there was an issue with if water and food were included in the ban.

So, it's stupid? But I thought making sure people got free water while in line was a big issue for you?

You are a idiot as usual. Why should there be a ban on giving someone water? There was no law against it in the past.
There were laws in other states....you never complained in the past about those laws....such as Minn, NY, etc.

Why do you feel the need to bug people waiting in line? If you want to make sure there is water for them, you are free to donate it, and the polling place can make it available. Or maybe...go 150 feet from the polling place, and hand it out to people as they are walking up.

A. The GA law DOES criminalize providing water to people in line to vote

B. It DOES curtail voting hours

C. It takes the election out of the hands of the Secretary of State and gives it to the partisan legislature
All those are false.

A) people can still get water...and have it provided for them within 150 Feet.
B) Nope, the opposite...iit extends voting...makes voting early easier...and opens them up for more days "
Changes to early voting
One of the biggest changes in the bill would expand early voting access for most counties, adding an additional mandatory Saturday and formally codifying Sunday voting hours as optional. Counties can have early voting open as long as 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., or 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at minimum"

C) wrong again...it expands the authority of the State Election Board....one of the key things it does is allows it to step in, in real time when there are long lines, instead of waiting til after the fact, to add polling stations and machines.

It's obvious you haven't read the old law, or the new law. You are spreading already debunked propaganda.

It also cuts drop-off boxes. The number of droip boxes in Fulton County will go from 38 in 2020 to 8.
Prior to the emergency changes for Covid, there was no drop boxes in GA...like a lot of other states, so now...drop boxes are in fact the law...could they add more in the future if needed? Sure...because it's law.....it also makes non-excuse absentee voting, the law...Quid Pro Joe's home state doesn't allow for that.

With that said, it also greatly extends early voting...making the need for absentee ballots less.

There also was no law against drop boxes either. Georgia's law severely limits the number of boxes. In Fulton County, they will drop from 38 to 8. Also the number of hours they are available will be severely limited. The fact is that there was no reason for any election bill to be passed. There was no evidence of fraud. This election bill was strictly about making it harder to vote.
Prior to the new GA law Drop Boxes were not allowed. Because of the pandemic, emergency measures were made. This new law makes Drop Boxes legal now, and the law.

Try again.

Not the new law extends early voting...another lie. One of the biggest changes in the bill would expand early voting access for most counties, adding an additional mandatory Saturday and formally codifying Sunday voting hours as optional. Counties can have early voting open as long as 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., or 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at minimum.

Nope you can still bring your own water, and take handouts from 150 feet before you come.
You can NOT take a hand out if you are in line to vote unless it comes from a poll worker. Period
In Georgia...in Dem districts (where the are not enough machines) you are there or HOURS. Why do this? Was there a problem with electioneering? No? They're just trying to make voting harder in Dem Districts? Yea.
None...you can't get anything for less then a dollar in NYC.
When that law was written you could get water. And you can STILL fill a jug from your tap and hand out cups of water in NY.

In Georgia even THAT you can not do
Where in the bill does it say you can not hand out water?
The below is from the bill and
ttps://www.legis.ga.gov/api/legislation/document/20212022/201121 GA election laws

"No person shall solicit votes [or] distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to [a voter]
This Code section shall not be construed to prohibit a poll officer…from making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to [a voter] waiting in line to vote.

Now to give you dummies some common sense understanding.
What person was being described other than the person who solicits votes by handing out water!
The common sense interpretation is if you are soliciting votes YOU can't give out water, food,money,etc.
If you are NOT doing it to solicit votes... NOT a problem.
The minute an idiot like you hands water to someone and YOU are wearing a "Vote for dummy" hat or shirt... you are ejected.
Simple as that but dummies like you don't have any common sense!
apparently the Poster is so lazy he can't walk over to a table and pour himself a water...he expects it to be handed to him. I mean really...talk about entitled.

Why should they have to? Why should someone be prevented from giving someone else water? Just take your shit and shove it up your ass.
I addressed the reasoning before, and will do again for you...but I really can't say it better then the SCOTUS: " We see no basis for rejecting Minnesota’s determination that some forms of advocacy should be excluded from the polling place, to set it aside as an island of calm in which voters can peacefully contemplate their choices. . . . Casting a vote is a weighty civic act, akin to a jury’s return of a verdict, or a representative’s vote on a piece of legislation. It is a time for choosing, not campaigning. The State may reasonably decide that the interior of the polling place should reflect that distinction. " Minn. Voters Alliance v. Mansky

The real question here is why do you think GA should be treated differently then other states with the same or similar laws on this issue?

but moreover...why should they have to? They don't. Why should anyone think when they come to vote they are entitled to a free drink? When I need a drink, I got to the store, or a bar...I don't go to a polling station expecting breakfast, drink, or snacks...I go there to vote.

Poll workers jobs are to ensure the voters get to vote and laws are followed. IE, make sure Dems are electioneering. It's hardly a undo burden to set a extra table up to place food or drink on..
No water allowed
No the Board does...the Sec of State still very much has a role. Obviously you didn't read the link. There was always a board of elections, and appointed the same way...the only difference is the SoS is not a voting member...taking politics further out of it.
Taking the Sec of State out of it...and making decisions opaque and more partisan than ever

et within
2poltical process...this makes it less political...and actually more like our Federal Eleet of afe5 ction Commission

No you cannot. The law says you cannot get within 25 feet of a voter standing in line. Why should anyone be barred from giving someone a bottle of water or a snack bro?
And they issue is the giver has a political influence on the voter. That is illegal.

It is very clearly stated that under the law it would be illegal for my wife to share her bottle of water with me while we're in line to vote. Lines 1812-1815 plainly expresses that as an elector nobody can personally distribute to me a drink. That's where, right in front of your face.

"This Code section shall not be construed to prohibit a poll officer…from making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to [a voter] waiting in line to vote."
Notice who only is given an option to distribute water. How much clearer can it get?
NO read again.... "to be construed to prohibit a poll officer…from making available self-service water"
It is NOT illegal for your wife to share water. Now IF YOU said "Honey if you vote for Biden, I'll share the water"! THAT's illegal.
If you say to the person in line behind you, "If you vote for Biden, I'll let you step in front of me{"... THAT's ILLEGAL!
NO quid pro quo is what the law states.

NO read again.... "to be construed to prohibit a poll officer…from making available self-service water"
It is NOT illegal for your wife to share water. Now IF YOU said "Honey if you vote for Biden, I'll share the water"! THAT's illegal.
If you say to the person in line behind you, "If you vote for Biden, I'll let you step in front of me{"... THAT's ILLEGAL!
None of that is the issue. None of that has ever been shown to be a problem...at least not a current problem.

This law makes it ILLEGAL for the League of Women Voters to offer ANYONE water. They are completely non-partisan and always have been.

Ans that's the least egregious aspect of this horrible anti-voting bill

In the third post of this thread I shared the complete section of the law. Yes, the law does allow a poll official to set up water stands. It does not require that it be done, only that the option is available. Now let's read what the addition to the law states specifically about the conduct of non-poll officials and their behavior:
1618068240704.png

That's pretty plan English. Anybody handing out a drink to a voter has violated the law just the same as anybody soliciting signatures for a petition.

No water allowed

et within

Because you can't be trusted not to electioneer while doing it, "bro".

If you want to give voters in line some water, you're always welcome to donate bottled water for the poll workers to distribute. Why should you want to do it any other way?

By the way, the law you didn't read before running out to scream about how awful it is based on how awful your masters told you to believe it was? It also has sections intended to keep the line from ever being more than 150 feet long. So that 150-feet-from-the-poll line, where you can electioneer all you want, is still valid.

You can NOT take a hand out if you are in line to vote unless it comes from a poll worker. Period
In Georgia...in Dem districts (where the are not enough machines) you are there or HOURS. Why do this? Was there a problem with electioneering? No? They're just trying to make voting harder in Dem Districts? Yea.
When that law was written you could get water. And you can STILL fill a jug from your tap and hand out cups of water in NY.

ttps://www.legis.ga.gov/api/legislation/document/20212022/201121 GA election laws

"No person shall solicit votes [or] distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to [a voter]
This Code section shall not be construed to prohibit a poll officer…from making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to [a voter] waiting in line to vote.

What person was being described other than the person who solicits votes by handing out water!
The common sense interpretation is if you are soliciting votes YOU can't give out water, food,money,etc.
The minute an idiot like you hands water to someone and YOU are wearing a "Vote for dummy" hat or shirt... you are ejected.

Several groups in Georgia handed bottles of water out to voters standing in line. They were not affiliated with any campaign. You know nothing about common sense. Even Lindsay Graham admits it makes no sense.

Doesn't matter if they were known to be affiliated with a specific campaign. The problem is that no one can know for sure that they aren't part of some other politically active group, or even that they're just talking up their own personal political hobby horse. Newsflash, shitforbrains: the law prohibits ANYONE from electioneering at the polls, not just official campaigns.

Exactly what is this vested interest you appear to have in allowing people to go talk to total strangers in line to vote? You seem REALLY offended and outraged that you can't do something no one without an agenda would WANT to do.

1) sorry I should have said before you were in line. The polls can simply put them on a table, and you are free to walk up and grab one. It's really not that big a deal..
When you are in a two hour line to vote you can't even SEE the polling place where the water. And gee wouldn't it be great to have fights about who lost his place in line right?
WHY AGAIN ARE WE DOING THIS? Has there been a rash of electioneering issues? No? It's just one more stupid way to make voting hard in Dem Districts
2) this law goes a long way to address the long lines..
By shutting down polling places at 5:00 in the afternoon on working days?
NY hasn't change it has it??
Because it's stupid to change laws that are evident. It was clearly put in place BECAUSE water was excepted. There is no other reason for that exception.

And again..you can give out tapwater if you want to strictly follow that NY law.
You can NOT do so in Georgia
thankfully the law will make it so you don't have to wait that long....but if you are that concerned bring your own water with you. Why would you go to a voting place expecting them to give you food and drink? It's not McDonalds.

No there hasn't...because there have been laws against it for quite some time. Yes, there was an issue with if water and food were included in the ban.

So, it's stupid? But I thought making sure people got free water while in line was a big issue for you?

You are a idiot as usual. Why should there be a ban on giving someone water? There was no law against it in the past.

Because people were using it to break the law that DID exist.

Seriously, needing to be told something 2135 times really makes you look either stupid, or determined not to know the truth, or both.

A. The GA law DOES criminalize providing water to people in line to vote

B. It DOES curtail voting hours

C. It takes the election out of the hands of the Secretary of State and gives it to the partisan legislature
All those are false.

A) people can still get water...and have it provided for them within 150 Feet.
B) Nope, the opposite...iit extends voting...makes voting early easier...and opens them up for more days "
Changes to early voting
One of the biggest changes in the bill would expand early voting access for most counties, adding an additional mandatory Saturday and formally codifying Sunday voting hours as optional. Counties can have early voting open as long as 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., or 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at minimum"

C) wrong again...it expands the authority of the State Election Board....one of the key things it does is allows it to step in, in real time when there are long lines, instead of waiting til after the fact, to add polling stations and machines.

It's obvious you haven't read the old law, or the new law. You are spreading already debunked propaganda.

It also cuts drop-off boxes. The number of droip boxes in Fulton County will go from 38 in 2020 to 8.
Prior to the emergency changes for Covid, there was no drop boxes in GA...like a lot of other states, so now...drop boxes are in fact the law...could they add more in the future if needed? Sure...because it's law.....it also makes non-excuse absentee voting, the law...Quid Pro Joe's home state doesn't allow for that.

With that said, it also greatly extends early voting...making the need for absentee ballots less.

There also was no law against drop boxes either. Georgia's law severely limits the number of boxes. In Fulton County, they will drop from 38 to 8. Also the number of hours they are available will be severely limited. The fact is that there was no reason for any election bill to be passed. There was no evidence of fraud. This election bill was strictly about making it harder to vote.

You've already been asked to prove this, and you haven't. You just mysteriously "didn't see" the request, and went right on asserting it as fact.

So until such time as you prove this "severely limits" line you keep spouting, it is just automatically a lie. Dismissed.

The number of hours is NOT severely limited. This is ALSO a lie which you have had explained to you multiple times, which you have ignored in favor of just saying, "No, THIS is true, it is, it is, IT IS!!!" Lie. Dismissed.

The fact is that it's not YOUR place to decide if there was a reason to pass a bill. You aren't the governor of Georgia. You aren't the legislature of Georgia. You aren't a voter in Georgia. You have no fucking clue what actually happened on the ground there. But, like all good leftist tools, you feel like you have a right to demand that other people run their lives according to the talking points your masters have given you.

This election law is about nothing that you have been told to "know". This means that the only virtue you have is consistency, because everything you obediently parrot is ALWAYS completely wrong.

Congratulations on your unbroken string of posts that make you look like a dishonest moron. :clap:

apparently the Poster is so lazy he can't walk over to a table and pour himself a water...he expects it to be handed to him. I mean really...talk about entitled.

Why should they have to? Why should someone be prevented from giving someone else water? Just take your shit and shove it up your ass.

Again, why do you so desperately WANT to personally give water to total strangers in line to vote? And spare us the details of your love for perversions.

See the attached Google search on "GA bill prohibits water" over 2,550,000 stories lies!
FACTS and reality!
Biden said "“You can’t provide water for people about to vote”
And the biased MSM as you can see below as well as Biden are total LIARS!
WHAT is ILLEGAL is the democrat vote solicitor who holds a bottle of water in front of the voter and says.."are you thirsty?... OK if you vote for Biden I'll give you this water"!! THAT's what is illegal!
But of course people like MSM and Biden are just so stupid and say you can't get water if you are standing in voting line!
HOW dumb!
Let’s take a look at what S.B. 202 actually says:
No person shall solicit votes [or] distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to [a voter]
The parts in bold are what S.B. 202 added to the statute.

Now, first of all, notice what is not prohibited here.
Voters can still bring bottled water or other food or beverages with them to stand on line to vote, as people often do when waiting at Disney World or to buy concert tickets or in other public places where people stand on long lines.
Voters can still also, if they like, order food; the bill doesn’t stop the Domino’s Pizza man or the local hot dog cart or taco truck from doing business.
And if you feel impelled to donate food and drink to voters, you can still do that, too; you just have to give it to the poll workers so they can put it out for general use.
The president’s claim that “You can’t provide water for people about to vote” is just false.
And the MSM again LIES... See below!

View attachment 473693

The trouble is that none of it happened. The people who were delivering food and water were non-partisan volunteers. They didn't ask who they were voting for or tell them to vote a certain way. The claim is true whether you wanht to acknowledge the truth or not. No other state has such a law. Even Lidsay Graham says it makes no sense.

Actually, other states DO have similar laws.

Just for example.

You are a liar as usual.

Montana: On election day, a candidate, a family member of a candidate, or a worker or volunteer for the candidate’s campaign may not distribute alcohol, tobacco, food, drink, or anything of value to a voter within a polling place or a building in which an election is being held or within 100 feet of an entrance to the building in which the polling place is located.

Montana only bans someone connected to a candidate from giving water.

New York: Furnishing money or entertainment to induce attendance at polls. Any person who directly or indirectly by himself or through any other person in connection with or in respect of any election during the hours of voting on a day of a general, special or primary election gives or provides, or causes to be given or provided, or shall pay, wholly or in part, for any meat, drink, tobacco, refreshment or provision to or for any person, other than persons who are official representatives of the board of elections or political parties and committees and persons who are engaged as watchers, party representatives or workers assisting the candidate, except any such meat, drink, tobacco, refreshment or provision having a retail value of less than one dollar, which is given or provided to any person in a polling place without any identification of the person or entity supplying such provisions, is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor.

Georia law specifically prevents anyone from giving food or water to a voter. Even Lindsay Graham admits this makes no sense.

YOU are a liar, as usual. I don't even need to read the post to know that, simply because A) you're a leftist, and B) you still have the gall to call ANYONE, let alone me, a liar.

Since we both know you didn't read the actual Election Integrity Act - and probably not the laws of Montana or New York, either - I did it for you. Here's the ENTIRE text of the relevant statute that the Election Integrity Act amended.

Chapter 2, Title 21 of the Official Code of Georgia, Section 33:

1868 Said chapter is further amended by revising subsections (a) and (e) of Code 1869 Section 21-2-414, relating to restrictions on campaign activities and public opinion polling
1870 within the vicinity of a polling place, cellular phone use prohibited, prohibition of candidates
1871 from entering certain polling places, and penalty, as follows:
1872 "(a) No person shall solicit votes in any manner or by any means or method, nor shall any
1873 person distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give,
1874 or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and
1875 drink, to an elector, nor shall any person solicit signatures for any petition, nor shall any
1876 person, other than election officials discharging their duties, establish or set up any tables
1877 or booths on any day in which ballots are being cast:
1878 (1) Within 150 feet of the outer edge of any building within which a polling place is
1879 established;
1880 (2) Within any polling place; or
1881 (3) Within 25 feet of any voter standing in line to vote at any polling place.
1882 These restrictions shall not apply to conduct occurring in private offices or areas which
1883 cannot be seen or heard by such electors."
1884 "(e) This Code section shall not be construed to prohibit a poll officer from distributing
1885 materials, as required by law, which are necessary for the purpose of instructing electors
1886 or from distributing materials prepared by the Secretary of State which are designed solely
1887 for the purpose of encouraging voter participation in the election being conducted or from
1888 making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to an elector waiting in
1889 line to vote."

The underlined parts are what the Election Integrity Act added to the existing statute. Context is everything. Georgia's law very clearly is excluding ONLY people who are using gifts of food or drinks for the purpose of electioneering, and is also only excluding them from doing it within 150 feet of the building, or 25 feet of the line itself. It's not excluding the Domino's delivery guy you ordered from, or your family member from running to the convenience store and bringing something back, or even from some nice person donating coolers of water for the poll workers to hand out to everyone.

So next time you want to prance in here and call me a liar on the basis of the talking points you were given to "prove" the talking points you started out with, you're cordially invited to go fuck yourself.

You have posted proof of your lie and proved my point.

New York's law.
"Any person who directly or indirectly by himself or through any other person in connection with or in respect of any election during the hours of voting on a day of a general, special or primary election gives or provides, or causes to be given or provided, or shall pay, wholly or in part, for any meat, drink, tobacco, refreshment or provision to or for any person, other than persons who are official representatives of the board of elections or political parties and committees and persons who are engaged as watchers, party representatives or workers assisting the candidate, except any such meat, drink, tobacco, refreshment or provision having a retail value of less than one dollar, which is given or provided to any person in a polling place without any identification of the person or entity supplying such provisions, is guilty of a Class A misdemeanor."

Montana law: On election day, a candidate, a family member of a candidate, or a worker or volunteer for the candidate’s campaign may not distribute alcohol, tobacco, food, drink, or anything of value to a voter within a polling place or a building in which an election is being held or within 100 feet of an entrance to the building in which the polling place is located.

Montana bans candidates, members of the family or campaign workers from distributing food or drink within 100 feet of the entrance to a polling place. New York has no prohibition but limits the value to under a dollar. The Georgia law establishes a 25 foot boundary around the voter. The voter could be two blocks away and giving water would astill be prohibited. No state does that. You are the one who is relying on talking points as apparently you are incapable of reading.

I have posted proof of my TRUTH, and you have ignored it and claimed that your point is proved, because that was what you decided you were going to see no matter what I said.

All you've done here is what you've always done: Ignored the facts in favor of screaming, "NOOO!!! My talking points are true, they ARE!!! I offer no proof, and I declare that your proof says the opposite, and that will make me RIGHT!!!"

On the bright side, I'm sure your masters will give you an extra pat on the head for being such an obedient dog.

Again, why do you so desperately WANT to personally give water to total strangers in line to vote? And spare us the details of your love for perversions.
Providing water to thirsty people bothers you? THAT’S your issue here??

Providing water to thirsty people bothers you? THAT’S your issue here??
grow the hell up the law is to prevent you shameless democrats from trying to buy votes.

None of that is the issue. None of that has ever been shown to be a problem...at least not a current problem.

This law makes it ILLEGAL for the League of Women Voters to offer ANYONE water. They are completely non-partisan and always have been.

Ans that's the least egregious aspect of this horrible anti-voting bill
Trumpers rely on lying on social media forums like USMB. All they have for reinforcing rheir delusions and fantasies is denial and delusions. They still believe is they tell their lies over and over enough everyone will believe their lies.

No water allowed

et within

only when the person is in line already....if they aren't in line and you are 150 feet from the poling building you are free to hand it out.

If within 150 feet, or they are already in line...you can donate your water or food...just give it to the polling volunteers, they can set it up in a location free to whomever want it. Really not that big a deal...I am sure they'll look forward to your donations.

Why? Because of electioneering...here is what the SCOTUS said, when Minn created the same law (and Xiden, Stacy Abrams, and the dems said nothing about)

The Minn law: No one except an election official or an individual who is waiting to register or to vote or an individual who is conducting exit polling shall stand within 100 feet of the building in which a polling place is located. Minn. Stat. § 204C.06

The SCOTUS in a 7-2 ruling: We see no basis for rejecting Minnesota’s determination that some forms of advocacy should be excluded from the polling place, to set it aside as an island of calm in which voters can peacefully contemplate their choices. . . . Casting a vote is a weighty civic act, akin to a jury’s return of a verdict, or a representative’s vote on a piece of legislation. It is a time for choosing, not campaigning. The State may reasonably decide that the interior of the polling place should reflect that distinction. Minn. Voters Alliance v. Mansky

That's why...seems pretty reasonable to give people a 150 feet to be left alone

Only 3 states have laws banning the distribution of food and water. Montana which bans candidates their family and campaign workers. NY which limits the value to $1 or less. Georgia which established a buffer zone around the voter is the only state that has this, Minnesota has no prohibition on handing out water.

That 7-2 SCOTUS rule overturned a Minnesota law banning political apparel at polling places. It had nothing to do with handing out water.

No water allowed

et within

And they issue is the giver has a political influence on the voter. That is illegal.

There is no evidence of that. In Georgia, bottles of water were handed out to anyone standing in line.

Forum List

Back