Why hasn't Michael Grimm been arrested for assault?

Did you not read my posts? I said that how we need to treat a government that abuses its power; the reporter is irrelevant

Agreed.

We should urge our congress to repeal the "Patriot Act" and the "AUMF".

That and adding a civilian review board to the FISA court and giving it some teeth.

IRS going after citizens for having different political positions is not in any Act

Agreed.

The Bush Whitehouse should have been investigated for it's investigations against the NAACP and Charlie Rangel. Unfortunately Bush appointees still work at the IRS even today.

Agreed.

We should urge our congress to repeal the "Patriot Act" and the "AUMF".

That and adding a civilian review board to the FISA court and giving it some teeth.

IRS going after citizens for having different political positions is not in any Act

Agreed.

The Bush Whitehouse should have been investigated for it's investigations against the NAACP and Charlie Rangel. Unfortunately Bush appointees still work at the IRS even today.

You're are so out of material you're still dragging up that
his own party voted to punish Rangel and I posted it yesterday but you choose to IGNORE it

I don't see how charges could be filed. What the jerk did was called a "conditional threat" as opposed to an imminent threat.

Big talker tough guy runs his mouth off and he should be charged? How fucking stupid.

If this incident had occurred in Flordia (with their stand your ground laws) would it have been ok for the reporter to shoot this guy after he threatened to throw him off the balcony that they were standing beside.

I think the reporter could have shot him and been ok. What you all think?

How else should we treat a government that abuses its power, spies on us, uses its police power to ensure reelection?

The reporter works for NY 1.

Not the federal government.

Did you not read the story?

Did you not read my posts? I said that how we need to treat a government that abuses its power; the reporter is irrelevant

What you are totally obtuse to Frank; this Congressman is the poster boy for "a government that abuses its power". This guy has a clear sense of 'entitlement'. He is not a public servant, he is a right wing despot.

I'd like to see him as Speaker; that's how we need to handle Harry Reid and Stenny Hoyer

Read hazlnut's signature, then go find a mirror Frank.

Read a sock's sig line?

We're a house divided against itself. I'm not down with Obama's Fundamental Transformation of the USA

Either are your brethren, al Qaeda and the Taliban...

Insurgency

Friday, February 6, 2009

Texas Republican Congressman Pete Sessions compares GOP strategy to Taliban insurgency

zoyqE.jpg

"Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban, and that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person's entire processes. And these Taliban -- I'm not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that's not what we're saying. I'm saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with."

Congressman Pete Sessions Compares House Republicans To Taliban | Capitol Annex

The reporter works for NY 1.

Not the federal government.

Did you not read the story?

What you are totally obtuse to Frank; this Congressman is the poster boy for "a government that abuses its power". This guy has a clear sense of 'entitlement'. He is not a public servant, he is a right wing despot.[/QUOTE]

He learned it in Iraq. Lots of despots to style yourself after.

New York Rep. Michael Grimm threatens reporter after being asked about fundraising allegations

There was an assault in the U.S. Capitol and the Capitol police do nothing?

WTF?

The reporter would have to file a complaint against Grimm for them to do that.

So, one of those damned liberal reporters who was out there doing his job, decides not to make more trouble for the con Congressman.

I thought you right wingers said the liberal media has it in for the Conservative Repubs?

Agreed.

You're are so out of material you're still dragging up that
his own party voted to punish Rangel and I posted it yesterday but you choose to IGNORE it

Out of what material?

Rangel was "punished" alright.

And came out on top.

Because people understood what happened. It was a partisan witch hunt.

Now back to Grimm.

He broke the law.

And aren't you a law and order type of gal?

New York Rep. Michael Grimm threatens reporter after being asked about fundraising allegations

WTF?

He hasn't been arrested because there was no assault. How stupid are you exactly?

According to Washington DC law?

There are three forms of misdemeanor assault (that is, simple assault) in Washington, D.C. First, there is “attempted battery assault” which occurs when the defendant injures or attempts to injure another person. The second form, “intent-to-frighten” assault, is defined as a threatening act that puts another person in reasonable fear of immediate injury. Finally, “non-violent sexual touching assault” is the intentional touching of another person’s body without the other person’s consent. The touching in this third form must be on a part of the other person’s body that “would cause fear, shame, humiliation or mental anguish in a person of reasonable sensibility if done without consent.”
Simple Assault in Washington, DC: Attempted Battery Assault, Intent to Frighten Assault, and Sexual Touching Assault | Koehler Law

Michael Grimm is a criminal.

"If you ever do that again I'll......"

"Why I aught to....."

While it seems aggressive and unbecoming a House Member I don't think charges should be files unless the reporter is willing to file charges. I think the house should censure the guy.

WTF?

He hasn't been arrested because there was no assault. How stupid are you exactly?

According to Washington DC law?

There are three forms of misdemeanor assault (that is, simple assault) in Washington, D.C. First, there is “attempted battery assault” which occurs when the defendant injures or attempts to injure another person. The second form, “intent-to-frighten” assault, is defined as a threatening act that puts another person in reasonable fear of immediate injury. Finally, “non-violent sexual touching assault” is the intentional touching of another person’s body without the other person’s consent. The touching in this third form must be on a part of the other person’s body that “would cause fear, shame, humiliation or mental anguish in a person of reasonable sensibility if done without consent.”
Simple Assault in Washington, DC: Attempted Battery Assault, Intent to Frighten Assault, and Sexual Touching Assault | Koehler Law

Michael Grimm is a criminal.

You're right. He should switch to the democrat party. He'll have a bright future.

Any politician that has any reason to fear any question from any reporter is a bad politician. Even a terribly corrupt politician with a pair can handle being asked a pointed question under any circumstances. Basically getting the questions in advance is the act of a coward.

holy smokes, then get the money up to recall all the corrupted bastards in BOTH PARTIES
We know if this was a Democrat we wouldn't be hearing all this crap

You missed the point, a politician that is skilled at his craft would have been able to handle it with calm decorum not a physical threat, the guy was a head taller than the reporter and came off looking like a bully. Politics is all about image and this case he blew it big time, unless of course, republicans really do like erratic hot headed bullies to represent them.

The reporter was low key. He asked a question and was told it would not be answered. There were no further questions. The reporter closed the segment confirming that the Congressman would not answer

Very mild and not worthy of an enraged response

This is a huge problem!!

We tolerate all kinds of bad behavior by Congressman.

To get in trouble, a Congressman has to sell drugs to an FBI agent on hidden camera. Short of that, they do whatever they want (Dems and Pubs) and no one says a thing…

And community orgnizers who grow up to be President.

It takes a community organizer to organize a country this big. We already had a B movie actor and an alcoholic rich kid. If Obama hadn't been black while being this skilled, even Republicans would grudgingly accept him.

The only skill Obama seems to have is lying. He can't lead. He admitted it during the SOTU. Nobody wants to work with , so he has his pen and his cell phone. He can make calls from his golfcart and sign executive orders from Hawaii.

Being threatened is a badge of honor amongst political reporters, it shows that they are doing their job effectively, he ought to send him a thank you card for furthering his career.

Forum List

Back