How has your marriage been hurt?

I don't think this is about one topic, like gay marriage. I think this is a reaction to the much bigger picture surrounding PC, Identity Politics and culture. The whole thing is being rejected by a large (enough) portion of the electorate, and the whole thing is also absolutely animating that portion.

So gay marriage is just one of the trigger points that will be met with strong reaction.

Hell, I've been warning about this since I've been on this board. Here it is. It's playing out now.
Well, you're wrong. I started this thread, and I'm the one who decided what it is about. Did gay marriage hurt your marriage or not?

Maybe marriage to animals didn't happen but young girls are traumatized every day by confused boys in dresses lurking in their locker rooms and showers and government agents are kidnapping and castrating young boys without parental knowledge.
that is not so. There is something wrong with you mentally.

Well, you're wrong. I started this thread, and I'm the one who decided what it is about. Did gay marriage hurt your marriage or not?
Sure, you started it, but you don't control where the topic goes.

Mac1958 is correct in pointing out that this is merely a flash point in a larger conflict between American culture styles.

It doesn't harm me personally if every faggot was to be deported to Iran. Doesn't harm me personally if Democrats all dropped dead. Doesn't harm me personally if kiddie rapers were all executed along with their defenders and advocates.

Actually, marriage rates are up, and some STDs are down.

Not among faggots. They are almost single handedly keeping syphilis alive, and the latest fad is monkey pox. AIDS killed how many faggots as well as polluting the blood donor network? See also drug resistant staph infections and of course hepatitis.

Troll Op to try and force only your view.

Morally this Gay and Transgender is BS to most Americans. Most consider it mental illness.

Your trying to spin against our opinion is your Troll.

Has it affected my Marriage? NOPE.

DO I ACCEPT IT? NOPE

Overall less people are getting married. The old graduate, get married, have kids is slowly but surely going away on its own. A growing number of people are aspiring to more in life.

Sure, you started it, but you don't control where the topic goes.

Mac1958 is correct in pointing out that this is merely a flash point in a larger conflict between American culture styles.
You could be right, and that all sounds like an interesting discussion, but that is not the thread topic here.

Troll Op to try and force only your view.

Morally this Gay and Transgender is BS to most Americans. Most consider it mental illness.

Your trying to spin against our opinion is your Troll.

Has it affected my Marriage? NOPE.

DO I ACCEPT IT? NOPE
So, all the ways it was supposed to harm marriage were just made-up bullshit again?

So you don't care for our constitutionally mandated legal system. Are there any more parts to the constitution that you hate as well

Where were you on the Roe v Wade decisiion to push abortion laws to the states? Do you think they should have just outright banned it at the federal level and not given the states any say? That would be the equivalent of what the SC did with regards to gay marriage, just in reverse.

It sure seems like you lefties only like the constitutionally mandated legal system when it works in your favor.

I get that you don't like gay marriage, but could you be more precise about how gay marriage has harmed your marriage, or how it has harmed marriage in general? You need more than "it makes me feel yucky."

Harming individual marriages wasn't the issue and never was, it's about degrading society as a whole and I think there's plenty of evidence of that. Just look at your avatar, only a demoralized piece of shit scumbag would do something like that, and now there are even more of you.

Harming individual marriages wasn't the issue and never was, it's about degrading society as a whole and I think there's plenty of evidence of that. Just look at your avatar, only a demoralized piece of shit scumbag would do something like that, and now there are even more of you.

These people have no clue what a degrading society does to a country. They aren’t students of history.

Where were you on the Roe v Wade decisiion to push abortion laws to the states? Do you think they should have just outright banned it at the federal level and not given the states any say? That would be the equivalent of what the SC did with regards to gay marriage, just in reverse.

It sure seems like you lefties only like the constitutionally mandated legal system when it works in your favor.

Problem is that a state has to recognize the legal actions of another state. You can’t have peoples marital status change as they pass through different states. We used to be married, now we aren’t

What Obergfell should have done is require all States to honor marriage licenses from other States, just like they do now.

So you might not be able to get a SSM license in Alabama, but your New York one would still be good to go there.

That would be Constitutionally sound.

Problem is that a state has to recognize the legal actions of another state. You can’t have peoples marital status change as they pass through different states. We used to be married, now we aren’t

As I said just above, then Obergfell should have just said States have to continue to recognize marriages from other States under full faith and credit, and could continue to issue only traditional marriage licenses if they choose to.

Nine years ago, gay marriage was legalized. Many were sure that such a thing would irrevocably harm existing marriages, and it was claimed that marriage to animals would soon be enacted. I haven't found any evidence of all the terrible things we were told would happen. Somebody help me out here. What happened to all that destruction of marriage, or even the wedding announcements for all those Human/Animal marriages?
Please list in detail how your marriage has been harmed by gay marriage, or how marriage in general has been harmed. Do you think 9 years is just not enough time for those bad repercussions to gay marriage to develop? Do we have to wait longer for the bad effects to be shown?
I was happy that gay marriage was legalized, but unhappy that it was not done the right way.

Forum List

Back