Zone1 Why Does God Even Hate Homosexuality?

I don’t think any Almighty God would bother hating any of His beings based on a factor over which they didn’t get a say.
That's the thing. I don't think any of my gay friends chose to be gay. But they just are. Just like nobody chooses to be autistic or schizophrenic or diabetic or short or tall blond or brunette or black or white or whatever. They just are. I'm sure many heterosexual people engage in sex that I would not. But that's their business. I feel the same way about my gay friends.

That is why I leave it to God to judge we humans and choose not to try to do his job. My job is to love people and be a positive force as much as I can and not sin (i.e. harm myself and/or others.) And wow do I fall short on all counts.

(I spent all day yesterday fighting with Xfinity on my Aunt's services. I am pretty sure I sinned now and then in all that.)

Disobedience of my commands whether a mom or supervisor or manager or owner is one thing. I like to think I am able to put things into sufficient perspective to respond appropriately to any such incidents.

I am not Mom or supervisor or manager or owner of any of my gay friends or my straight friends and have no right to command them in anything. And I certainly am not God. I ask forgiveness for my sins and for direction in what God wants from me, wants for me. And unless people are harming themselves and/or others, I believe God wants me to live and let live and leave any scolding to Him.

So you don't see God like any regular father? Should He not have rules and consequences for breaking them?

I don’t think any Almighty God would bother hating any of His beings based on a factor over which they didn’t get a say.

Why would God create a person that participates in something that is against His Word?

it is sad you think god would hate any of his children....it is sad you think god made mistakes?

When did I ever say any of that?

Why Does God Even Hate Homosexuality is the thread title

Yeah, God hates homosexuality,... NOT homosexuals.

That's the thing. I don't think any of my gay friends chose to be gay. But they just are. Just like nobody chooses to be autistic or schizophrenic or diabetic or short or tall blond or brunette or black or white or whatever. They just are. I'm sure many heterosexual people engage in sex that I would not. But that's their business. I feel the same way about my gay friends.

That is why I leave it to God to judge we humans and choose not to try to do his job. My job is to love people and be a positive force as much as I can and not sin (i.e. harm myself and/or others.) And wow do I fall short on all counts.

(I spent all day yesterday fighting with Xfinity on my Aunt's services. I am pretty sure I sinned now and then in all that.)
I once asked a person on some ancient long ago thread (possibly at USMB) if he chose to be straight. I know I didn’t. I’m very happy it worked out that way. But it wasn’t a “choice.” It was absolutely just the way I got wired (and I am quite grateful for that fact).

So you don't see God like any regular father? Should He not have rules and consequences for breaking them?
No. God is not like any regular father. We call him "Father" for his provider protective role in our lives. But God is Spirit, neither male nor female as I expect all of us to be when we leave our earthly bodies.

Sin harms us and/or others which is why it is bad as the Bible explains even unto the fourth and fifth generations, i.e. those generations that follow us suffer the consequences for our sins. As for how God deals with that I don't even pretend to understand or know that. I know and know of too many people who seem to never suffer consequences for their sins, and far too many who live as righteously as any I know who seem to have nothing but grief.

I don't pretend to understand or know the why of that either.

All I know is in their dealings with others, all my gay friends and one relative live their lives as an asset to their communities and friends and family. Their sex lives are their business just as is that of my heterosexual friends.

I once asked a person on some ancient long ago thread (possibly at USMB) if he chose to be straight. I know I didn’t. I’m very happy it worked out that way. But it wasn’t a “choice.” It was absolutely just the way I got wired (and I am quite grateful for that fact).
Did I choose to enjoy reading?
Did I choose to hate reading?

Did I choose to have a strong appetite in a small body?
Did I choose to hate vegetables?

Did I choose to not like math?
Did I choose to love running?

Did I choose to be sexually attracted to children?
Did I choose to be disgusted by people having sex with children?

The point being, of course, is that we do choose to act (or refrain from acting) on what comes easiest to us. "It is just who I am" should be something to which we give extremely serious thought. God's creation of us may be more to start us on our way. Later, we become our own creation. "It's just who I am," should be compared and contrasted with, "Is just who I am the best version of myself?" Or, is it the point where one stopped working on creating oneself?

And, for those who don't get it, I am not speaking about the gay community. I am speaking to every single one of us who have settled for "just who I am" instead of being a creator of the best version of self. We all have to be examples of what it means to be a creator of self, before we can suggest that path to anyone else.

Did I choose to enjoy reading?
Did I choose to hate reading?

Did I choose to have a strong appetite in a small body?
Did I choose to hate vegetables?

Did I choose to not like math?
Did I choose to love running?

Did I choose to be sexually attracted to children?
Did I choose to be disgusted by people having sex with children?

The point being, of course, is that we do choose to act (or refrain from acting) on what comes easiest to us. "It is just who I am" should be something to which we give extremely serious thought. God's creation of us may be more to start us on our way. Later, we become our own creation. "It's just who I am," should be compared and contrasted with, "Is just who I am the best version of myself?" Or, is it the point where one stopped working on creating oneself?

And, for those who don't get it, I am not speaking about the gay community. I am speaking to every single one of us who have settled for "just who I am" instead of being a creator of the best version of self. We all have to be examples of what it means to be a creator of self, before we can suggest that path to anyone else.
It so happens that I’m not attracted to a male’s ass. I didn’t ask to be heterosexual. I’m just very happy that I got wired in the manner that serves a biological purpose.

Had I been wired the other way, I don’t know that I’d be happy about it. But it would be what it is.

Beyond that, frankly, I don’t get whatever it was you were saying in your post.

Me too. I love being a woman. I have loved one man as my best friend and husband for many decades now. Neither of us chose to be heterosexual but I too am happy that we are. I admit I am happy that my children are.

But I'm also happy neither have any serious congenital problems or issues. We have all been blessed with reasonably good health and enough prosperity that we haven't needed to rely on others for our material needs.

Had we been born otherwise, I think God would likely love us just as much.

That's the thing. I don't think any of my gay friends chose to be gay. But they just are. Just like nobody chooses to be autistic or schizophrenic or diabetic or short or tall blond or brunette or black or white or whatever. They just are
We all have crosses to carry in this life.

But God says, don't commit adultery.
God says don't engage in sex outside of marriage
God says don't murder
God says don't steal.

It doesn't matter what a person's inclination is, if God says, don't do this. That may be your cross

God says don't murder
God says don't steal.

It doesn't matter what a person's inclination is, if God says, don't do this. That may be your cross
You can point to a Bible and claim that God said something. But I don’t “know” it’s true. Some humans wrote it.

Maybe God hadn’t spoken to that person or to those writers or to the person or the people whom the writers were “quoting.” Perhaps the writer was simply making a claim (a guess) about what he assumed God would say if God were to discuss the topic.

God says don't murder
God says don't steal.

Adultery harms people.
Often sex outside of marriage harms people.
Murder harms people.
Stealing harms people.

I am pretty confident my definition of sin, i.e. that which harms me and/or others, is the sum total of what sin is and God is against that. There is no way even the entirety of the Bible could list each and every sin the people can find to commit. But the Bible is consistent that God is against sin because it is bad for us and future generations.

The Bible is the greatest collection of manuscripts the world has ever known which is why it has been the best seller in the world since the first copies came off the Gutenberg press. Many of the Biblical rules/laws seem to be more cultural than universal which is why most of us ignore almost all of those today.

Then you have the contradictions, i.e. cases where God is said to have ordered the Israelites to kill their enemy including men, women, children, and all their animals. I have had Bible students jokingly say if they had actually done that, the Jews wouldn't be having problems with the Arabs today, but I digress. The contradiction comes when the Jews are instructed to love their enemy, do good to those who persecute them.

And no more manuscripts have been added to the Bible since the First Century or possibly every early in the Second Century. So it doesn't discuss road rage, or nefarious use of satellites, or genetically modified foods and pharmaceuticals or any other harmful things of our modern age. Are we to say misuse of these things are not sin just because they are not in the Bible. Or that polygamy is okay because it was practiced, presumably with God's blessings, in the Bible?

Both Jesus and the Apostle Paul counseled the people to use their logic, reason, and common sense when it came to scriptural interpretations. I think they would do the same today. We get onto a slippery slope when we sort the laws listed in the ancient texts into groups we must follow now and others we can ignore.

I ask myself. Is this person harming himself/herself or anybody else? No? Then what he/she does in his/her private life is none of my business.

Last edited:
Adultery harms people.
Often sex outside of marriage harms people.
Murder harms people.
Stealing harms people.

I am pretty confident my definition of sin, i.e. that which harms me and/or others, is the sum total of what sin is and God is against that. There is no way even the entirety of the Bible could list each and every sin the people can find to commit. But the Bible is consistent that God is against sin because it is bad for us and future generations.
Fortunately we actually have GOD'S definition for sin:

SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW

Men screwing men is a transgression of the law.

You obviously don't like that, but that is what GOD says. I get that you're looking for a loophole to give special rights to these people, but in the end we will all answer to HIM regardless whether you believe in Him or not. You have this life to get it right. Only this life

Fortunately we actually have GOD'S definition for sin:

SIN IS THE TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW

Men screwing men is a transgression of the law.

You obviously don't like that, but that is what GOD says. I get that you're looking for a loophole to give special rights to these people, but in the end we will all answer to HIM regardless whether you believe in Him or not. You have this life to get it right. Only this life
Do you eat pork?

The Bible is the greatest collection of manuscripts the world has ever known which is why it has been the best seller in the world since the first copies came off the Gutenberg press. Many of the Biblical rules/laws seem to be more cultural than universal which is why most of us ignore almost all of those today
You have a complete lack of understanding of the topic you're responding to. Too much nonsense for me to point out every single misconception in just this paragraph alone

Last edited:
Beyond that, frankly, I don’t get whatever it was you were saying in your post.
I am suggesting we can rise above our behaviors. Should behavior regulate us, or should we regulate our behavior? Should behavior, or should self, have the upper hand in defining who we are and what we make of ourself?

I am suggesting we can rise above our behaviors. Should behavior regulate us, or should we regulate our behavior? Should behavior, or should self, have the upper hand in defining who we are and what we make of ourself?
We can. But I don’t believe a gay man or woman can simply ignore their own sexual attractions. I know I can’t be physically attracted to a male.

And the innate attribute of being straight or gay doesn’t recognize societal or religiously based prohibitions. People are doing to have sexual relations all the same.

Forum List

Back