Zone1 Why Does God Even Hate Homosexuality?

We can. But I don’t believe a gay man or woman can simply ignore their own sexual attractions. I know I can’t be physically attracted to a male.

And the innate attribute of being straight or gay doesn’t recognize societal or religiously based prohibitions. People are doing to have sexual relations all the same.
Then that person cannot claim to be Christian.
This thread is about what GOD expects of you as a follower of him.

Why is there this tendency to give special rights/exemptions to homosexuals. "Homosexuals can't control themselves, therefore God's commandments don't apply to him." 😂

Btw, my ONE friend who was homosexual and a true Christian actually STRUGGLED with this sin. He died of AIDS in 2011 because he made mistakes (gave into his sin once to many times). But he died struggling. He never excused his sins. That is all God required of him

It doesn’t ask that only of Christians. And what a Christian believes is different than what might constitute a fact.
Why is there this tendency to give special rights/exemptions to homosexuals. "Homosexuals can't control themselves, therefore God's commandments don't apply to him." 😂
I’m don’t see any such tendency. Maybe you need corrective lenses.

Adultery harms people.
Often sex outside of marriage harms people.
Murder harms people.
Stealing harms people.

I am pretty confident my definition of sin, i.e. that which harms me and/or others, is the sum total of what sin is and God is against that. There is no way even the entirety of the Bible could list each and every sin the people can find to commit. But the Bible is consistent that God is against sin because it is bad for us and future generations.

So you don't believe the bible? Because it clearly teaches that homosexuality is a sin.

As far as it being harmful... no offense, but you seem blissfully naive. Sexually active homosexual men are at an increased risk for a number of diseases, and not just sexually transmitted but others as well, like hepatitis, etc. But the harm is not only physical.... there's a spiritual danger as well, and I hope I don't have to explain that. God knew what He was doing by saying it's a sin. Don't try to re-write the bible.

So you don't believe the bible? Because it clearly teaches that homosexuality is a sin.

As far as it being harmful... no offense, but you seem blissfully naive. Sexually active homosexual men are at an increased risk for a number of diseases, and not just sexually transmitted but others as well, like hepatitis, etc. But the harm is not only physical.... there's a spiritual danger as well, and I hope I don't have to explain that. God knew what He was doing by saying it's a sin. Don't try to re-write the bible.
People who drink alcohol or do drugs are at risk of becoming addicted or other ill effects.

People who consume many different foods are at risk of diabetes, obesity, and many other ill effects.

We are not to gossip. We are not to accuse people based on rumors or the fact we suspect them. We are not to call each other names. We are to love one another. ". . .he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen." Luke 1:37

Sins of commission, sins of omission. All of us have sinned and fallen short. Who can say that one sin is somehow worse than other sins. Our own sins?

I am not condoning sin. I never have. I won't ever say it's okay. But I won't spend all my time and energy trying to condemn or accuse others who are minding their own business and, if they are harming themselves, then so are the heavy drinkers, smokers, over eaters, swearers, people who fail to exercise or eat properly, etc. etc. etc. etc.

All these are sins.

My gay friends will have to account for their sins. It isn't up to me to require them to do that. I will have to account for my sins and it isn't up to anybody else to require me to do that. We all sin and fall short.

". . .he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. Luke 1:37"

Luke 6:37
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

Luke 6:41
"Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye?"

John 8:7
"When they continued to question Him, He straightened up and said to them, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to cast a stone at her."

Romans 2:1
"You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on another. For on whatever grounds you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things."

Romans 14:10
"Why, then, do you judge your brother? Or why do you belittle your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat."

Etc. etc. etc.

See? All of us can cherry pick scripture and hold it up as "God's law." I think we have to consider the sum total of scripture, however, to know what God wants and expects of us.

I am not condoning sin. I never have
Yeah, you are. Your entire post. In fact, every one of your posts in this thread.

So are you teaching others the commandments and teaching that we must obey them or are you teaching people they aren't salvation issues?

Whoever therefore breaks one of the least of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

This thread is about what GOD says about homosexuality. You keep excusing what God clearly does not. Christians have an OBLIGATION to speak the word of God. We expect the world to HATE us for it. Lukewarm "christians" are more interested in being accepted by Satan's world. Good luck with that

People who drink alcohol or do drugs are at risk of becoming addicted or other ill effects.

People who consume many different foods are at risk of diabetes, obesity, and many other ill effects.

We are not to gossip. We are not to accuse people based on rumors or the fact we suspect them. We are not to call each other names. We are to love one another. ". . .he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen." Luke 1:37

Sins of commission, sins of omission. All of us have sinned and fallen short. Who can say that one sin is somehow worse than other sins. Our own sins?

I am not condoning sin. I never have. I won't ever say it's okay. But I won't spend all my time and energy trying to condemn or accuse others who are minding their own business and, if they are harming themselves, then so are the heavy drinkers, smokers, over eaters, swearers, people who fail to exercise or eat properly, etc. etc. etc. etc.

All these are sins.

My gay friends will have to account for their sins. It isn't up to me to require them to do that. I will have to account for my sins and it isn't up to anybody else to require me to do that. We all sin and fall short.

". . .he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. Luke 1:37"

Luke 6:37
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

Luke 6:41
"Why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but fail to notice the beam in your own eye?"

John 8:7
"When they continued to question Him, He straightened up and said to them, "Let him who is without sin among you be the first to cast a stone at her."

Romans 2:1
"You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on another. For on whatever grounds you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things."

Romans 14:10
"Why, then, do you judge your brother? Or why do you belittle your brother? For we will all stand before God's judgment seat."

Etc. etc. etc.

See? All of us can cherry pick scripture and hold it up as "God's law." I think we have to consider the sum total of scripture, however, to know what God wants and expects of us.

Red herring. And a strawman, since I never claimed that there aren't numerous other sins that are harmful, and I never even stated that homosexuality is worse than any other sins. You're misapplying those verses. I was simply replying to your claim (even if it was implied and not direct) that homosexuality is not harmful.

You didn't address anything I said, instead you went on the offense against me. We are supposed to speak the truth. We are not supposed to support something that is clearly against God's will.

Um the larger question is: WHY did the American Psychiatry institute suddenly proclaim HOMOSEXUALITY isn't a mental illness despite the fact certainty it 99.99% is? That is a real head scratcher. You don't need a weather man to tell which way the wind blows.
What fact?

So are sexually active hetero men.

No. Not since I became a Christian 45 years ago

I'm not going to respond to any more questions along this line again. Like I said, you're only looking for a loophole to give sodomites an excuse to do what God clearly said do not do
God said not to do a lot of things. Why do you pick and choose and then judge others for picking and choosing differently?

So are sexually active hetero men.
Nobody says otherwise. Why can't you get that through your head?
But are you blind? How can you NOT see what has happened to this country since homosexuality has become not only "tolerated" but EMBRACED.

Now we have CHILDREN who think they are another sex! And people like you are beginning to embrace this perversion too. How can society not see what's happening!???

So no, heterosexual sins aren't as bad as UNNATURAL homosexual sins

Scripture is clear that God considers homosexuality an abomination. An abomination is a very vile sin in the eyes of God. Why would God even consider it a sin if it is beyond our choice? God does consider it a choice and for this reason it is a sin and a very vile sin known as an abomination. If it were a genetic flaw, God would not be just in judging it to be a sin since we have no choice but it is forced upon us. I don't believe God is unjust, nor do I believe that God doesn't know all things. He gave us a commandment not to do such because he knows of a surety that it is a choice and that we are able to forsake it and repent of it. It is a very vile and gross sin.
That plus the "born this way" fallacy causes people to think G-d is limited in His ability to radically transform people out of their former lives into lives that are pleasing and honoring to G-d. And that can only be accomplished through Christ's death on the Cross. I consider homosexuality, along with other "sins" to be symptoms of the DISEASE of the root cause, and that is PRIDE

Love God with all your heart.
Love your neighbor like yourself.
Don’t listen to the whackadoodles.

What is more concerning is why is there a tendancy to place on homosexuality over other sins?

What fact?
What fact? WQhat fact are you questioing?
Let's deconstruct stuff into oblivion. Your ASS is a construct. Gender is a cultural norm constant for over a thousand years. But let's replace it with a flash in the pan recent fantasy made up random deconstruction? WHY? I reject your fantasy, and insert the thousand-year-old one. Because nobody asked for this shit.

What fact?
Let's deconstruct stuff into oblivion. Your ASS is a construct. Gender is a cultural norm constant for over a thousand years. But let's replace it with a flash in the pan recent fantasy made up random deconstruction? WHY? I reject your fantasy, and insert the thousand-year-old one. Because nobody asked for this shit.

Nobody says otherwise. Why can't you get that through your head?
But are you blind? How can you NOT see what has happened to this country since homosexuality has become not only "tolerated" but EMBRACED.
Embraced? Is your definition of “embraced“ mean being treated like anyone else? Because that is all it is. Why does that bother you?

Now we have CHILDREN who think they are another sex! And people like you are beginning to embrace this perversion too. How can society not see what's happening!???
Hyperbole much? Let the children and their families work it out.

So no, heterosexual sins aren't as bad as UNNATURAL homosexual sins

It seems to be pretty natural.

As Christians we ARE to judge the actions of people. "picking and choosing differently" is just a lame excuse to allow, facilitate, encourage, and even embrace sin and wickedness.
Funny. I thought the judgement part was up to God, not man.

Forum List

Back