Zone1 What does it mean that Jews are "God's Chosen People"?

Why would God choose one Group of people over another? What does it even mean to be "Chosen"? Chosen for what? Does it mean all Jews will go to Heaven?

Biblically-speaking, because at the time of creation, the entire world was not inhabited. As more generations developed after Adam and Eve, some of those clans of people strayed away from the laws God gave Moses. Therefore God chose those who remained loyal to Him and kept His laws.

It wasn't until the death and resurrection of Jesus that all people could be God's chosen people.

Why would God choose one Group of people over another? What does it even mean to be "Chosen"? Chosen for what? Does it mean all Jews will go to Heaven?
It all goes back to Abraham. For whatever reason, God saw Abraham, revealed himself to Abraham, and Abraham chose to follow him. God then made a covenant with Abraham, which included his offspring which would become God's chosen people.

So, the question begs why? God's chosen people were chosen to bless the rest of the world, and bring the Messiah into the world to save the world.

I'm sure there are Jews who think they are better than those that are not, but anyone who knows an ounce of theology knows that is incorrect. It is not about being naturally better because of our genetics or tribe or family, rather, it is about drawing close to God to be better no matter who you may be.

Looking at the world, have God's chosen people blessed the world? If you look at Jews in any country in terms of socioeconomic status, they remain at the top. Why? This is where conspiracy theories enter the picture, which causes people to oppress them, as if there is a cabal of worldly wealth that they are intentionally left out of. However, if you look at those who have won Nobel prizes, those that have moved science and progress forward, there is also a disproportionate number of Jews who have won the award despite being such a small percentage of the world's population. Not sure how you can make the reason why a conspiracy as well, but I'm sure some have tried. Nonetheless, if you don't believe they really are God's chosen people, it certainly is a head scratcher as to why.

Biblically-speaking, because at the time of creation, the entire world was not inhabited. As more generations developed after Adam and Eve, some of those clans of people strayed away from the laws God gave Moses. Therefore God chose those who remained loyal to Him and kept His laws.

It wasn't until the death and resurrection of Jesus that all people could be God's chosen people.
strayed......world kept degenerating into absolute evil

No, they wont.

Some will though. Those great Jews who did God's will died, but they are resting in the Bosom of Abraham, which is part of Sheoul. That is where the saints rest until at the time of the resurrection of Christ, where they will be retrieved and given places of high honor in heaven. Lazarus is also there, like it says in Luke 16:22 - “Then he died, this poor man, and was taken up by the angels to the lap of Abraham" I would suspect that one of the thieves who died on the cross with Jesus is also there.

Bosom of Abraham - Wikipedia

Why were the jews chosen? God chose them that from them would come God's messiah. It's in God's word...ie..The Bible.

As God's chosen people, the jews have been held to a high standard.

From those who are given much, much is required. Luke 12:48

You only have I chosen of all the families of the earth; therefore I will punish you for all your sins. Amos 3:2

Last edited:
will all jews go to heaven. No. BUT there will be a remnant that God knows as his own and they will evangelize the world in the End Times. 144,000 of them 12000 from each Tribe of the sons of Jacob/Israel. And it looks like most of them will be killed duirig their time on earth. Book of Revelation.

Don't care! :D

God says that's how it is and that's good enough for me.

I find it's less stressful if one doesn't won't worry about things that can't be changed.

God says the Jews are his chosen people, it's above my pay grade and station to question that.

If I was Hebrew, I'd probably worry about it more. :dunno:

Last edited:

- judaism chose to believe abraham, their hereditary idolatry as well moses the liar, their false commandments ...

and was the reason for the heavenly events of the 1st century the repudiation of judaism and the return to the religion of antiquity the true path to the everlasting.

as taught by jesus, liberation theology, self determination than the servitude and denial of judaism as all three desert religions.

- judaism chose to believe abraham, their hereditary idolatry as well moses the liar, their false commandments ...

and was the reason for the heavenly events of the 1st century the repudiation of judaism and the return to the religion of antiquity the true path to the everlasting.

as taught by jesus, liberation theology, self determination than the servitude and denial of judaism as all three desert religions.
So are you saying Jews are not God's chosen people?

Being God's chosen people is a double-edged sword.

For example, it is why they were targeted in Europe by antisemites.

One example is during the Black Death, people realized everyone was dying but Jews. They then asked the question, why? Well, it turns out the Jews followed the Mosaic laws on cleanliness, so they did not have rats running about, which meant they did not get sick because the fleas on the rats were spreading the deadly virus.

But the people reasoned they had made a deal with the devil, rounded them all up, and killed them.

Or you had Hitler round up all the Jews, take their gold, and send them off to die. Then when he conquered a country, he would print a currency so his soldiers could go in that country and legally buy anything they wanted to send back home. Well, this printing of money just created hyperinflation in that stooge government country, so Hitler told them to round up the Jews, take their gold, and stabilize their economy and send the Jews to him. Shrug, it worked.

So, being blessed in this world can put a big target on your back for those who are cursed.

By the time of Adam and Eve Sumerians had a written language, agriculture, irrigation and sailboats.

Forum List

Back