Zone1 Why do Protestants always believe their pastors rather than the 2000 year old CHURCH Christ established?

How would a protestant know? They shut their minds like steel traps against learning about Catholicism
They are much more interested in learning about what God wants to do in their lives and how they can work with Him than they are in learning about another denomination. IOW, God first, man's institutions second.

I suspect it is because the Catholic Church is very much hands on doers and active listeners to everything.

Some people just want to hear, "I accept Jesus as my savior. I am assured of heaven. That's all I need/want to hear."
If you think that's the only message they hear in a non-Catholic Church, then you know less about them than they know about Catholics.

Lump much ? Motherfucker in a robe hasn't read near what I have the last 65-66 years of reading (since kiddigarterz)
I only believe what I read, as verified by Greek and Aramaic translations, to see if everyone is "close" to on the same page.
One key. BEWARE OF PUNCTUATION !

Name them.

For example, wasn't the use of incense associated with Jesus' birth early on? Was that pagan?
You tell us. It was introduced by the Babylonian descendants of the Magi Daniel taught from captivity. While associated with Christ's birth, they were not at the manger, they were probably a year or two after the fact and visited the family in a house.

Who gives a fuck? That's not what the thread is about. Focus goldfish.
Apparently you do because YOU BROUGHT IT UP. So tell me more. Was it as bad as militant atheists murdering 100 to 200 million of their own citizens in the 20th century? Focus goldfish, focus.

Apparently you do because YOU BROUGHT IT UP. So tell me more. Was it as bad as militant atheists murdering 100 to 200 million of their own citizens in the 20th century? Focus goldfish, focus.
The topic is not atheists vs. the Catholic Church. But why Protestants don't listen to the Catholic Church. Get away straw man!

The topic is not atheists vs. the Catholic Church. But why Protestants don't listen to the Catholic Church. Get away straw man!
I got that. Which you wanted to put into the context of the Catholic Church performing bad acts. I'm trying to put those bad acts into context. Now do you understand?

And what makes you an authority on what is in their hearts? Are you saying you have the authority and understanding to judge as God judges?
Kneeling before a statue projects worship to observers. I do not claim to know what is in the hearts of those who kneel before a statue that represents a Middle Ages European version of what Mary looked like. I'm saying they're projecting to the world that they are worshiping that image.

I got that. Which you wanted to put into the context of the Catholic Church performing bad acts. I'm trying to put those bad acts into context. Now do you understand?
You're not. You're comparing to atheist governments, not other religions. It is both ineffective and moronic.

Kneeling before a statue projects worship to observers. I do not claim to know what is in the hearts of those who kneel before a statue that represents a Middle Ages European version of what Mary looked like. I'm saying they're projecting to the world that they are worshiping that image.
That's not how I define worship. I think the root cause of the confusion is that everyone has forgotten what it means to worship. Worship is subliminal. It's not overt. We shouldn't treat worship as an event. Like oh, now it's time to do some worshiping. Worship is a continuous process whereby everything you do is a sacred act as a sign of thanks and praise to your Creator for those gifts. You are describing the form of religion rather than the meaning of religion.

You're not. You're comparing to atheist governments, not other religions. It is both ineffective and moronic.
I just told you what I was doing. So go ahead, put the bad acts of Catholics - which you seem to want to gloss over and have everyone accept - into context. Tell me more about these bad acts. Or shut the fuck up.

I just told you what I was doing. So go ahead, put the bad acts of Catholics - which you seem to want to gloss over and have everyone accept - into context. Tell me more about these bad acts. Or shut the fuck up.
You're an idiot. An actual usable comparison would compare to Protestants.

But on the subject the Catholic Church worked with the Nazis.

That's not how I define worship. I think the root cause of the confusion is that everyone has forgotten what it means to worship. Worship is subliminal. It's not overt. We shouldn't treat worship as an event. Like oh, now it's time to do some worshiping. Worship is a continuous process whereby everything you do is a sacred act as a sign of thanks and praise to your Creator for those gifts. You are describing the form of religion rather than the meaning of religion.
Okay, use another term then. What does it mean to bow in supplication before a statue, especially given God's strict prohibition against graven images and idolatry?

If you think that's the only message they hear in a non-Catholic Church, then you know less about them than they know about Catholics.
But I don't think that at all...I am pointing out it is the constant that we hear over and over again on message boards. Whether true or not, it makes it seem main focus is the hereafter. There is very little about redemption, salvation (not "saved") justification/sanctification, and discerning the will of the Father in one's daily life here on earth and doing that will (i.e., "works") and "works" seem to be regarded as some sort of profanity rather than duty and service to God as befits unprofitable servants of God.

Okay, use another term then. What does it mean to bow in supplication before a statue, especially given God's strict prohibition against graven images and idolatry?
I suspect it means the same thing as when you pay respect to any other of the dearly departed that you were thankful for their contributions to you or mankind. That doesn't mean you are worshiping them as gods.

But let me be clear about one thing, I couldn't care less what you believe I am doing because I know what I am doing. If it offends your sensibilities, then look away because I won't accept you telling me what you think I am doing when I KNOW what I am doing.

You're an idiot. An actual usable comparison would compare to Protestants.

But on the subject the Catholic Church worked with the Nazis.
Can you at least thumbnail it for me. I'd like to know that you know what you are talking about rather than reading a link to guess what you are talking about. For instance, I don't need to provide a link to tell you that militant atheists were responsible for killing 100 to 200 million of it's own citizens. I can just say what they did in a simple sentence. Show me what you got because so far you haven't shown jack shit.

Forum List

Back