Zone1 So for the first time I am watching one of those "casual pastors". In jeans, t-short, gold chains, sports jacket...and he is motivating.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I suppose I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, he's delivering a good message with blunt honesty with references to the bible that put his presentation together. I will give such casual pastors a chance in the future.

I suppose I shouldn't judge a book by its cover, he's delivering a good message with blunt honesty with references to the bible that put his presentation together. I will give such casual pastors a chance in the future.
I pay little attention to TV preachers, regardless of how they dress. I think of two things, Cheech and Chong, as well as Charlie Daniels.

We had a church like that. God destroyed it with a flood. Literally LOL. The building they were renting was sitting in the lowest area in acres of pavement and Hurricane Matthew and a cold front collided over our area.

I pay little attention to TV preachers, regardless of how they dress. I think of two things, Cheech and Chong, as well as Charlie Daniels.

He pushed some DVDs and other products in a premade infomercial after his set. I wasn't totally surprised I suppose but he did have a decent, honest message. He wouldn't make my elite favourites list, but I didn't feel that I wasted my time..

Last edited:
He pushed some DVDs and other products in a premade infomercial after his set. I wasn't totally surprised I suppose but he did have a decent, onest message. He wouldn't make my elite favourites list, but I didn't feel that I wasted my time..

How else are they to rasie money? They aren't allowed to operate businesses. If they did people would snivel about that as well. Offering vids of their sermons is perfectly legit, same with coffee mugs or whatever else they can sell to raise money without taking busienss away from private businesses.

Doesn't matter what they do, the faggots, sociopaths, and pagan cultists will whine, snivel, and wet their diapers over it. Both left and right wing nutjobs hate Da Evul Xians. lol

He pushed some DVDs and other products in a premsde infomercial after his set. I wasn't totally surprised I suppose but he did have a decent, onest message. He wouldn't make my elite favourites list, but I didn't feel that I wasted my time..
Good money in being a TV preacher if you can get a following to send donations.

🎶Preacher man talking on TV, puttin' down the rock and roll
Wants me to send a donation, 'cause he's worried about my soul
He said, "Jesus walked on the water.", and I know that it's true
But sometimes I think that preacher man, would like to do a little walkin' too
🎶
Fire-On-The-Mountain-Charlie-Daniels-Band.jpg

Tennessee wisdom from the 1970s. Can anybody even count the TV preacher scandals, sexual, criminal or otherwise, since that time as they supported lifestyles of themselves as the rich and famous? I can't.

Through Donations.....not selling meaningless widgets...like the money changers at the temple that Christ rebuked.
Well, at least he was selling DVDs which could be replayed by the buyer whenever they needed the hear his message. Or, they could allow others to watch them, possibly help someone in need. I don't really care that he was selling them, it does seem distasteful in general, but, if there is a demand for his products then so be it.

As long as his message gets you to thinking about God and verifying that message by reading the Bible....to get the full context for better understanding of His message, then it's all good and you can grow in faith.

Through Donations.....not selling meaningless widgets...like the money changers at the temple that Christ rebuked.

That's a little tough for people that can't really afford to 'just hand over their money' without getting something in return. Granted that many preachers are frauds and scam artists, but selling a book or DVD of their message is something the 'downtrodden' and heartbroken can keep going back to time & time again to uplift their spirits and their faith.

They aren't money changers, and they aren't twisting anybody's arms, and you just hate to see them being able to pay for their TV time and other stuff, and you think Da Evul Xians are all supposed to live in cardboard boxes and eat out of dumpsters. lol

Good money in being a TV preacher if you can get a following to send donations.

🎶Preacher man talking on TV, puttin' down the rock and roll
Wants me to send a donation, 'cause he's worried about my soul
He said, "Jesus walked on the water.", and I know that it's true
But sometimes I think that preacher man, would like to do a little walkin' too
🎶
Fire-On-The-Mountain-Charlie-Daniels-Band.jpg

Tennessee wisdom from the 1970s. Can anybody even count the TV preacher scandals, sexual, criminal or otherwise, since that time as they supported lifestyles of themselves as the rich and famous? I can't.

We can try and count all the times you've been full of shit. lol

We can try and count all the times you've been full of shit. lol
Could be worse. If I were a little girl in Florida, I guess up would be wanting to count my periods if you were a good Republican supporting the Governor.

Few of them are, actually.
Joel Olsteen, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Jim Bakker.........to name a few. Bakker, I believe, is the only one to have gone to prison for it, but the rest and others like them have still scammed their followers out of alot of money. They may or may not have done so legally, but it still comes down to the same thing. They are living large, while the congregation is living paycheck to paycheck.

Here is a story listing some of those I mentioned......though the story also goes on to include others and for different reasons.

Fraud, private jets and a Lamborghini: 10 televangelists who have faced controversy

The whole scam is in what they are preaching, that has little to do with God's Word......but their own twisted ego

All they have to do is pay tax.

Pastors pay taxes on their income same as everybody else. In fact, many pay more, than most, as they are paid as contractors and file on 1099's. You don't know squat either.

Joel Olsteen, Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Jim Bakker.........to name a few. Bakker, I believe, is the only one to have gone to prison for it, but the rest and others like them have still scammed their followers out of alot of money. They may or may not have done so legally, but it still comes down to the same thing. They are living large, while the congregation is living paycheck to paycheck.

Here is a story listing some of those I mentioned......though the story also goes on to include others and for different reasons.

Fraud, private jets and a Lamborghini: 10 televangelists who have faced controversy

The whole scam is in what they are preaching, that has little to do with God's Word......but their own twisted ego

Out of how many? Like I said, very few are, and nobody can even find where OSteen even asks for moment on his broadcasts, and in fact doesn't take a dime from his church. He makes his money from book publishers, dumbass. Hasn't taken a paycheck from his church since 2005. Most of them follow Billy Graham's lead in doing that. Osteen's net worth is a fraction of what he's been paid just in book advances, which average $12 to $14 million in up front advances from companies like Time Warner, for over 40 best sellers. He's given over 75% of that away. You losers really don't know squat.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back