Zone1 Why do Protestants always believe their pastors rather than the 2000 year old CHURCH Christ established?

Do you support the Church hiding sexually assaulting priests?
Do you support the News Media's suppression of what profession advocated sending priests, teachers, and other professionals to their seminars (where they declared these men to be "cured"--and then moving them to a different location? Do you know which of these people who went to these seminars started the hue and cry, "This does not work, does not work, does not work?"

Do you know which of the above hand the lowest percentage of offenders? Do you know the worst offenders of all--who never even heard of these seminars?

Further, did you join the many Catholics who were adamant our own offenses should be ZERO and the work we put in to change a number of things?

Of course you didn't and of course you don't. You have your handy scapegoat I was a journalist at the time who wanted to tell the whole story. Why was it limited to the Catholic Church who had the least number of offenses? (Think lawsuit dollars, advertising dollars, panic where no one wanted panic.)

What did I, a Catholic, do? Everything. What did you do? Throw mud as directed.

Luke 18:16

"But Jesus called for them, saying, “Permit the children to come to Me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of God belongs to such as these."

John 3:5

"Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."
We disagree that those two verses are speaking of water baptism.

"Saved" is a Protestant expression. As you explained earlier, you believe you are "saved" from hell.

When one is immersed in redemption and salvation, there is no fear of hell, no need to be "saved" from hell. Hell is not out to get me. God is.
The word "saved" isn't a protestant "expression". It's Scripture. Read it for yourself right there in Romans 10:9-10.

What do you think they speak of? And can a child enter the kingdom of heaven without being baptized, in your opinion?
The first one is obvious. Don't prohibit children from believing. The second one is the washing by the Word of God and the Holy Spirit. Just my opinion. Jesus doesn't use the word "baptism". There's no such thing as Holy water.

The first one is obvious. Don't prohibit children from believing. The second one is the washing by the Word of God and the Holy Spirit. Just my opinion. Jesus doesn't use the word "baptism". There's no such thing as Holy water.

Why did Jesus get baptized by John the Baptist?

Why did Jesus instruct his apostles to "Go baptize people in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit"?

4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel that displays the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

Paul is speaking of "The God of this age" never mentions anything about "Satan
Yes. He is speaking of Satan in the very verse you quoted. The "god of this world" is "the god of this age". Those words are used interchangeably.

Jesus spoke of the 3 Ages or world's.
1. The age (world) before the Flood
2. The CURRENT age (world)
3. The world to come (at His Returns)

Why did Jesus get baptized by John the Baptist?

Why did Jesus instruct his apostles to "Go baptize people in the Name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit"?
Because baptism is the expression of your new birth. Baptism doesn't save you. You are saved by faith in Jesus.

The word "saved" isn't a protestant "expression". It's Scripture. Read it for yourself right there in Romans 10:9-10.
It is when it comes from being "saved" from hell. Read the first verse in Chapter 10. It speaks of salvation. The saving grace of salvation and being saved from hell are two very different articles of faith.

It is when it comes from being "saved" from hell. Read the first verse in Chapter 10. It speaks of salvation. The saving grace of salvation and being saved from hell are two very different articles of faith.
Paul is telling the Jews they need faith in Jesus to be saved just like everyone else.

Yes. He is speaking of Satan in the very verse you quoted. The "god of this world" is "the god of this age". Those words are used interchangeably.

Luke 17:20-21

20 Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

How do you interpret this passage?

It's great to see another believer that is aware of the ages. Most Christians know nothing about them and that would have included me up until last year.

Luke 17:20-21

20 Once, on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God would come, Jesus replied, “The coming of the kingdom of God is not something that can be observed, 21 nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

How do you interpret this passage?
He was in their midsts. He is the ultimate representative/ambassador as the coming King.
Christians are also representative of the coming Kingdom.

Do you support the News Media's suppression of what profession advocated sending priests, teachers, and other professionals to their seminars (where they declared these men to be "cured"--and then moving them to a different location? Do you know which of these people who went to these seminars started the hue and cry, "This does not work, does not work, does not work?"

Do you know which of the above hand the lowest percentage of offenders? Do you know the worst offenders of all--who never even heard of these seminars?

Further, did you join the many Catholics who were adamant our own offenses should be ZERO and the work we put in to change a number of things?

Of course you didn't and of course you don't. You have your handy scapegoat I was a journalist at the time who wanted to tell the whole story. Why was it limited to the Catholic Church who had the least number of offenses? (Think lawsuit dollars, advertising dollars, panic where no one wanted panic.)

What did I, a Catholic, do? Everything. What did you do? Throw mud as directed.
Answer the question.

Forum List

Back