Zone1 Protestants seem to always want to toss out the Old Testament, the Catholic Church: NOT

The message someone like Olsteen sends, intentionally or otherwise is

If you are poor, you are a worse sinner than the rich person. God would make you wealthy if you only..... [whatever]

poppycock
I am not sure about that, but i have heard him say on TV--say 3 lines of prayer with me and you are saved--that is a croc.

Of course you don't. You've been told probably since you were in the cradle that Catholics are evil, the RCC will be the seat of the anti-Christ (these days even Catholics wonder about that one, however) and other LIES.

Only informed Catholics like myself understand Catholicism, but you avoid them like the plague, I am sure. Then you have the gall to put yourself out as some expert on Catholicism.

ha ha.. that's comical. But sadly, it is also

tragic.

Everyone should know Jesus like devout Catholics do. It is very sad that they do not. They don't know what they're missing.

You don't have a clue as to anything about Christ, your hubris and ego reveal that nicely.

FYI

I don't think ONE of these posts is about what the OP says.

The thread started out talking about the beginnings of the CHURCH, specifically, the buildings God wanted built (starting with King David)

Now look where we are at... I wish people would stick to the damn topic

Anyone who speaks about himself in the 3rd person needs a butt whuppin.

I am not sure about that, but i have heard him say on TV--say 3 lines of prayer with me and you are saved--that is a croc.
well, I don't know what the prayers are but prayer IS powerful.

The problem is that you can be "saved"

but that in and of itself will not save you FOREVER. Only adhering to Christ until the very end does that....

it is far from being a one time event... far far from it. We are very fallen creatures. We need Jesus DAILY --which is one reason the Catholic Church Jesus founded has Holy Mass every day (though not all Churches have Mass on Monday, the priest's normal day off)

well, I don't know what the prayers are but prayer IS powerful.

The problem is that you can be "saved"

but that in and of itself will not save you FOREVER. Only adhering to Christ until the very end does that....

it is far from being a one time event... far far from it. We are very fallen creatures. We need Jesus DAILY --which is one reason the Catholic Church Jesus founded has Holy Mass every day (though not all Churches have Mass on Monday, the priest's normal day off)
The problem is that most of them are those that work iniquity( practice a sin) they are NOT saved as long as they do. His words are not truth. Jesus is 100% clear--Matt 7:21-23--Those living now to do his Fathers will=OT-NT, 1540 pages of utterances) are the ones who get to enter his kingdom( be saved) 3 lines of prayer does not cut it.

Those words-3 lines of prayer and you are saved has gotten many tithes for those teachers of darkness.

Most Protestants do not seem to know anything much about the Old Testament. I've read the entire thing. Parts of it are a little peculiar, but that's because, or partly because we are in the 21st century, and (most of us are) American.

Enough said IMO

In any case, the most important thing IMO about the Old T is the Ark of the Covenant. Even a lot of Catholics don't know about that. I didn't either until a few years ago.

It was the beginning of the Church on Earth, meaning the one established by Christ himself. Basically, King David started being concerned that he himself lived in a palace and the Ark of the Covenant (a sacred "box" or tabernacle carried by the Israelites everywhere they went, a tabernacle where God would speak to them) did not have such a... worthy place. God spoke through a prophet and the prophet told David that God didn't need a house since He created the whole universe. But nonetheless, God approved of David building Him a house.

It's a fascinating story. It was in this House of God that God said He would "visit" man and listen to their prayers.
protestants also have the OT

Forum List

Back