Why do Americans lack introspection and are so defensive

What do you want us to do launch a Reconquista outnumbered by more than 100 to 1 in our own homeland and besides which European chicks are a lot easier to get along with.

The Spanish did it. So did Martin of Tours.

You're changing your tune and I'm not buying it. This is what what you said in the OP, first.

Second, who do you think would send their sons and daughters to fight for your little island nation? Trump "deplorables" or those coastal elitists whose views you support?

You didn't really think this through, did you?

I can do what I like. I like most Americans. And I don't know any Americans to the left or middle - just the normal ones - who AREN'T introspective. 99.9% - in my experience who lack introspection and are defensive - are neocons, cons and Deplorables.

When are they coming to fight for us? Let me know. I mean, when I look at all those times we've been invaded, and as for all those wars we've started...

See, you haven't thought it through either. You're proving the point of the thread in the first place. Just wonder how defensive you can get.

You're changing your tune and I'm not buying it. This is what what you said in the OP, first.

Second, who do you think would send their sons and daughters to fight for your little island nation? Trump "deplorables" or those coastal elitists whose views you support?

I can do what I like. I like most Americans. And I don't know any Americans to the left or middle - just the normal ones - who AREN'T introspective. 99.9% - in my experience who lack introspection and are defensive - are neocons, cons and Deplorables.

When are they coming to fight for us? Let me know. I mean, when I look at all those times we've been invaded, and as for all those wars we've started...

See, you haven't thought it through either. You're proving the point of the thread in the first place. Just wonder how defensive you can get.

The title of this thread is "Why do AMERICANS lack introspection and are so defensive"

That is why you typed. Not "some Americans" or whatever. you typed that. Live with it

You call someone deplorable, and they are likely to not share any introspection with you, but to be defensive, because you are attacking them.

I note a lack of any introspection on your part, wondering if YOU might be doing something wrong.

You call someone deplorable, and they are likely to not share any introspection with you, but to be defensive, because you are attacking them.

I note a lack of any introspection on your part, wondering if YOU might be doing something wrong.

To be honest with you, I wasn't really looking to hear from Deplorables (apologies in advance to Sue for not mentioning that in the title). They/you don't really offer anything of value (not only on this thread, but in general). Was hoping to hear from the normal folk on this board.

Not that you can't answer. I am not a censor. Just putting it out there.

To be honest with you, I wasn't really looking to hear from Deplorables (apologies in advance to Sue for not mentioning that in the title). They/you don't really offer anything of value (not only on this thread, but in general). Was hoping to hear from the normal folk on this board.

Which completely demonstrates my point.

You accuse US of not being introspective, but you admit that you are not open to anything we have to say, and show no sign of even seeing my point about the lack of introspection on YOUR part in this.

It is not reasonable to note a lack of introspection in people you are attacking.

During an attack is not when people are introspective.

Also, you want to keep this in the clean debate zone, drop the insults.

Those are the people who send their sons and daughters into the military that you expect to be at your back. Because you basically do not have one.

Expect we're not feeling too fondly toward NZ these days. Gee, I wonder why???

Some interesting replies. I more interested in why when there is a criticism of the US, those more on the right side get all het up. It's as if you have insulted their mother or something. They think they are the best country in the world and therefore any criticism that comes their way is borne out of jealousy or some such as opposed to real thoughts that maybe the US isn't the greatest in the world. And if you are, so what? Great in what sense? Almost every first-world country thinks their country in the best. Eye of the beholder and all that.

A thought. We have created some great things. America is the reason why there is a western world today. If not, Fascism or Communism would have won out in the battle of ideas. We showed a world a third way, rebuilt Europe and Japan after WWII, and set the standard after the World Wars overturned the old world order of empires.

That said, we've got a lot to be ashamed of. Our treatment of minorities is still reprehensible, and a lot of people still deny we have a problem. We often arrogantly blunder around the world (Vietnam, Iraq) and we never seem to learn from our mistakes.

Now, for a very long time, I was right wing. Then one day I realized a working man voting Republican is like a Chicken voting for Colonel Sanders.

I also think Trump is a unique phenomenon. He taps into a valid angst of the white working class that sees America's best days behind her, but really doesn't understand why and is unwilling to do the things to fix that.

Those are the people who send their sons and daughters into the military that you expect to be at your back. Because you basically do not have one.

Expect we're not feeling too fondly toward NZ these days. Gee, I wonder why???

Funny, i was in for 11 years. While I didn't see a lot of rich people in the military, I saw just as many poor working class kids of color as I did white kids. The idea that the Red State kids looking for college educations that never happen are more patriotic than the inner city kids looking for college educations that never happen is just... silly.

Oh, I'm fine with NZ. Even a little envious. They have a mass shooting, they ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. I wish we could do that.

The title of this thread is "Why do AMERICANS lack introspection and are so defensive"

That is why you typed. Not "some Americans" or whatever. you typed that. Live with it
He has been nailed to the wall. There is no walking that back!

Wonderful. You can disparage and throw darts at America all you want, and our president, and you can expect us to continue to cool off should you ever, ever need our help in anything. This is how it works, in real life and in alliances. Foreign Leftists somehow expect the laws of common sense to be suspended in their Political Utopias. They're not.

I am not throwing darts at America. I am throwing them at Trump, his Deplorables and Neocons. Just a head's up "honey". They - and you - are not America. America is so much better than that.

So this is all about sour grapes...
America is kicking butt under Trump and you just cant stand that fact.
You really should have mentioned in the OP that this was about politics and leftardism.

Wonderful. You can disparage and throw darts at America all you want, and our president, and you can expect us to continue to cool off should you ever, ever need our help in anything. This is how it works, in real life and in alliances. Foreign Leftists somehow expect the laws of common sense to be suspended in their Political Utopias. They're not.

I am not throwing darts at America. I am throwing them at Trump, his Deplorables and Neocons. Just a head's up "honey". They - and you - are not America. America is so much better than that.

You really should have mentioned in the OP that this was about politics and leftardism.
You ever notice that all these shitheads from “other countries” spout libtard talking points?

You ever notice that all these shitheads from “other countries” spout libtard talking points?

The funny thing is I really dont think about other countries unless they do something profoundly stupid,like allowing in muslime hordes after disarming their citizens.

In a few generations they'll go from being allies to the enemy.
We'll see how smug they are when that happens.

Which completely demonstrates my point.

You accuse US of not being introspective, but you admit that you are not open to anything we have to say, and show no sign of even seeing my point about the lack of introspection on YOUR part in this.
It is not reasonable to note a lack of introspection in people you are attacking.
During an attack is not when people are introspective.
Also, you want to keep this in the clean debate zone, drop the insults.

Look back and what I'm saying. A read it in a calm voice (the way I am posting). I am not the one who threw the first barbs on this thread. Go back and have a look.

I am not interested in anything a Deplorable has to say. That is true. But there are plenty of normal folks - Americans - on these boards that might have a POV.

Forum List

Back