Why do Americans lack introspection and are so defensive

My point was not that you are partisan. It was that what you posted before what nothing but partisan spin.
That was not an analogy. I was trying to point out a serious flaw in your reasoning.
YOU believe that Trump is ,misogynistic and you judge people harshly because they support someone who is "misogynistic"
But my point is that those who support him, such as I, do NOT agree with you. We do not agree with you that Trump is "misogynistic" thus slamming us for voting for "misogynistic"

based on something limited to YOUR mind,

is not reasonable.
Well, at least you have stopped blaming us for shit that is going on in your mind.

Trade and immigration were Trump's major platform planks.

There is nothing wrong or "Deplorable" about wanting better Trade and Immigration policies, and you are just an asshole for insulting us like that.

Based on what you show here, that is completely unbelievable to me.
It is common to see liberals so close minded, that they think they can insult people all the time, and yet expect complete civility in return.

In this, you are completely standard.

Not really partisan. I don't see normal folk or those on the left lacking introspection. It is usually those on the right and mostly neocons as demonstrated not only on this thread, but the board in general.

You say you are not partisan, but then immediately follow it up with a very partisan statement. Either you are purposefully being a troll, or you have just utterly demonstrated a complete lack of self awareness, which greatly undermines your claim of introspection.

Oh, and your claim is complete bullocks.

I don't care what you THINK about Trump being misogynistic. The fact is, he is. Just because you don't think he is, doesn't mean he isn't.

Well, it kind of matters. If you use our support of him to call us deplorable because we are knowingly supporting a misogynist, then the fact that we disagree, makes your reasons stupid.

And he is not, btw. The reasons that the left offer that he is, are generally manufactured bullshit.

I do have a caveat on voting for him. If you voted him to be anti-Hillary or because he was a Republican candidate that is okay. But his manifesto? Bleh.

Well gee, thanks.

Trade? He doesn't even know how tariffs work. And yes, there is something wrong about wanting better trade and immigration policies when he blatantly LIES just so the lowest common denominator (the uneducated, white trailer trash Deplorable) will vote for him.

White voters without college degrees, are smart enough to notice that the trade policies of the last 50 years, have utterly fucked them.

That is completely reasonable, and you heaping bile on them for that, is just you being an asshole.

You say you are not partisan, but then immediately follow it up with a very partisan statement. Either you are purposefully being a troll, or you have just utterly demonstrated a complete lack of self awareness, which greatly undermines your claim of introspection.

Well, it kind of matters. If you use our support of him to call us deplorable because we are knowingly supporting a misogynist, then the fact that we disagree, makes your reasons stupid.

And he is not, btw. The reasons that the left offer that he is, are generally manufactured bullshit.

Well gee, thanks.

White voters without college degrees, are smart enough to notice that the trade policies of the last 50 years, have utterly fucked them.

That is completely reasonable, and you heaping bile on them for that, is just you being an asshole.

No, I am partisan. I have already said so. On a couple of occasions. However, that is not my MAIN plank for this thread.
You can disagree until you are blue in the face. You mean he was the dummy to Billy Bush's ventriloquist when he said he liked to "grab them by the pussy"? That wasn't his voice I heard??

Automation has fucked them over 100 times more than trade or immigration.

I'm heaping bile on them because they voted for an asshole. The irony being, that if he were to meet 99% of the Deplorables who voted for him, he wouldn't give them the gum stuck to his shoe. He loathes them.

Well gee, thanks.

No, I am partisan. I have already said so. On a couple of occasions. However, that is not my MAIN plank for this thread.
You can disagree until you are blue in the face. You mean he was the dummy to Billy Bush's ventriloquist when he said he liked to "grab them by the pussy"? That wasn't his voice I heard??

Automation has fucked them over 100 times more than trade or immigration.

I'm heaping bile on them because they voted for an asshole. The irony being, that if he were to meet 99% of the Deplorables who voted for him, he wouldn't give them the gum stuck to his shoe. He loathes them.

1. I mean that the media lied about what he said in that tape, over and over again.

2. Germany has twice the level of manufacturing employment we do. So, it is not all about automation.

3. Your heaping of bile on them is not called for, as I pointed out, they voted against policies that have indeed fucked them. No reasonable person would attack some one for that.

4. I've seen no indication that he has contempt for his supporters. I have certainly seen plenty of indication that you lefties have contempt for US. And you are offended that we support him and not you. In your "introspection" have you ever considered that maybe YOU are the problem?

1. I mean that the media lied about what he said in that tape, over and over again.

2. Germany has twice the level of manufacturing employment we do. So, it is not all about automation.

3. Your heaping of bile on them is not called for, as I pointed out, they voted against policies that have indeed fucked them. No reasonable person would attack some one for that.

4. I've seen no indication that he has contempt for his supporters. I have certainly seen plenty of indication that you lefties have contempt for US. And you are offended that we support him and not you. In your "introspection" have you ever considered that maybe YOU are the problem?

What did you hear on that tape that I didn't?

The Long-Term Jobs Killer Is Not China. It’s Automation.
More jobs lost to robots, than to illegal immigrants
Robots are the ultimate job stealers. Blame them, not immigrants | Arlie Hochschild

As for Germany, they started Industry 4.0 and the Internet of Things and they have lost a tonne of jobs, but they have also been innovative and created more jobs within automation .

I have no problem with them voting for him because they hate Dems. I reiterate, if they voted for him because they like him and his policies, they are Deplorables in my book.

I'm not a leftie. I have voted for lefties, righties and centrists. That's the problem with the US, you only have two political parties and therefore think there are only two trains of thought. We have 7/8 political parties in Parliament. From uber lefties, to free market righties.

Don't mistake my contempt for a certain sector of US society for the US. The US is much bigger than that and there is plenty to like about it. Plenty.

Forum List

Back