Why do Americans lack introspection and are so defensive

What do you want us to do launch a Reconquista outnumbered by more than 100 to 1 in our own homeland and besides which European chicks are a lot easier to get along with.

Please keep it clean. I really want to know. Seriously.

I don't know, people are like that everywhere. I've had some good interactions with Americans when visiting and when doing business on the phone. Except New York it seems, for some reasons people I met from there weren't really friendly, borderline rude in some cases. I brush it off as that's how I am.

Canadians have a worse problem, we have an insecurity complex and we whine when we lose. We believe we should just win, this comes from our Overlords who are entitled and it trickles down to the Subjects. When we compete in a fair fight, we don't do very well, that's because there usually better candidates who are overlooked for some low performing, well connected son. This is true across the spectrum of our society.

Why do conservative Americans lack introspection and are so defensive.

It’s the consequence of the American right adhering blindly to failed, wrongheaded conservative dogma – conservatives become defensive when confronted with the fact that their political dogma is devoid of merit, reactionary, authoritarian, and opposed by a majority of the American people.

Oh look... a hyper-partisan rant ... how exciting.

ClassroomBoredom-730x390.jpg

I don't know, people are like that everywhere. I've had some good interactions with Americans when visiting and when doing business on the phone. Except New York it seems, for some reasons people I met from there weren't really friendly, borderline rude in some cases. I brush it off as that's how I am.

Canadians have a worse problem, we have an insecurity complex and we whine when we lose. We believe we should just win, this comes from our Overlords who are entitled and it trickles down to the Subjects. When we compete in a fair fight, we don't do very well, that's because there usually better candidates who are overlooked for some low performing, well connected son. This is true across the spectrum of our society.
If you ever meet a yankee with semi-decent manners write that down in your book of remembrance

Some interesting replies. I more interested in why when there is a criticism of the US, those more on the right side get all het up. It's as if you have insulted their mother or something. They think they are the best country in the world and therefore any criticism that comes their way is borne out of jealousy or some such as opposed to real thoughts that maybe the US isn't the greatest in the world. And if you are, so what? Great in what sense? Almost every first-world country thinks their country in the best. Eye of the beholder and all that.

Some interesting replies. I more interested in why when there is a criticism of the US, those more on the right side get all het up. It's as if you have insulted their mother or something. They think they are the best country in the world and therefore any criticism that comes their way is borne out of jealousy or some such as opposed to real thoughts that maybe the US isn't the greatest in the world. And if you are, so what? Great in what sense? Almost every first-world country thinks their country in the best. Eye of the beholder and all that.
We are a shitty country! No one wants to come here! Yours is the best country! Happy now?

We are accepting of criticism. However, when you criticize just to make yourself look better, then we quite rightly, point and laugh.

Look, Amerca IS the best country in the world. We are not perfect and we make mistakes. If you have a legitimate criticism, then voice it. But if you just want to get one over on us, get bent.

We are accepting of criticism. However, when you criticize just to make yourself look better, then we quite rightly, point and laugh.

Look, Amerca IS the best country in the world. We are not perfect and we make mistakes. If you have a legitimate criticism, then voice it. But if you just want to get one over on us, get bent.

That is how I find the US - especially on the right - you continually love to poke a stick at other countries to make yourself looks better. It's pathetic.

And I disagree. I think the US is a good country. For sure. Greatest? Meh...depends on how your measure it. Most capable armed forces? Sure. Wealth? Yep. Innovation? Sure, about the same as most western countries. The way it treats its poor? Terrible. Freedoms? On paper great, in actuality? Terrible. Electoral system? Awful. Health system? Gak!

It’s the consequence of the American right adhering blindly to failed, wrongheaded conservative dogma – conservatives become defensive when confronted with the fact that their political dogma is devoid of merit, reactionary, authoritarian, and opposed by a majority of the American people.
Are you really trying to tell the OP what his thread question should have been? LoL you're hilarious.

That is how I find the US - especially on the right - you continually love to poke a stick at other countries to make yourself looks better. It's pathetic.

And I disagree. I think the US is a good country. For sure. Greatest? Meh...depends on how your measure it. Most capable armed forces? Sure. Wealth? Yep. Innovation? Sure, about the same as most western countries. The way it treats its poor? Terrible. Freedoms? On paper great, in actuality? Terrible. Electoral system? Awful. Health system? Gak!

You know what's truly pathetic? Western Europeans who allow muslim savages to invade their countries, rape their women and girls, and desecrate their history and culture.

I more interested in why when there is a criticism of the US, those more on the right side get all het up.
It has alot to do with the fact a lot of times that criticism comes from those who benefit from the U.S. in some way maybe military aid or foreign aid. Its like letting someone stay at your house and they bitch about the way run your house while it's not a written rule you have to keep your criticism to yourself if your getting help from another nation it's probably a good idea to or at the very least measure what you say with care.

tenor.gif

If you ever meet a yankee with semi-decent manners write that down in your book of remembrance

:21:
stereotypes always some truth in all of em

really since moving south i haven't been this polite since 1978
you rebels are a bad influence .....
appreciate ya
no really its a nice change of pace

seriously though
i was brought up in a different time where they still said please and thank you...held the door for someone blah blah blah ...
On the street or doing business all bets are f'n off , it depends on the situation.

i cant count how many tourists ive been polite to or helped out some poor lost soul on the subway , tell em where to eat blah blah blah.....or how many ive told em" get out my way you friggin fools"...an stop looking up befiore you get crushed by a terrorist drivin a taxi

forget it if they talked back then it could get really really "rude"

theyre almost as bad as the idiots walking with eyes glued to their phone screens.people are so stupid they walk into traffic and get cremed .
the text about sarahs period and its tequila tuesday couldn't wait a minute ?

both could get extremely annoying in midtown

i know where the Canadians coming from New yorkers can come off extremely rude.BUT excuse me sir once the niceties are outta the way are we here to do business or jerk each other off? Kinda like the president hes just pretty straight forward to some it can seem pushy and rude....

the Germans can be hardcore assholes ...just downright rude
the chinks were easy.. once we were done out gifting each other ...Right down to the matters at hand

sometimes its not intentional ...being pushy and rude , some of us are just pricks.real natives are a little rough around the edges ...especially us outer borough slobs

Canadian guy next time your in the city theirs a Canadian bar on grand st in Brooklyn , run by Canadians and full of Canadian expats. if ya need sanctuary :21:
its kinda of a theme with the younger crowd
open a bar and theme it after where ever youre from

its not just foreign expats cough ohio and texas transplants

No! Take our word for it! We have a shitty country. You should avoid us like the plague! Especially if you need health care! Run run run away!

Forum List

Back